PDA

View Full Version : Lance Armstrong X A LOT?

NismoZ
06-05-13, 08:48 AM
Ok, baseball...your turn! Say it ain't SO!!! Is it true kids playing ball from places like Venezuela and the D R are BROUGHT UP on this stuff...to "enhance" their chances of getting to the Bigs? How many 100 game suspensions on the horizon? They could have just fined Lance 100 Tour de Farces! (less time served, of course.)

NismoZ
06-05-13, 11:33 AM
Heard more than a few Yankee fans might not mind if A-Rod is sat down for 50 games or so.:)

dando
06-05-13, 02:22 PM
Heard more than a few Yankee fans might not mind if A-Rod is sat down for 50 games or so.:)

The reports yesterday were a hundy. I don't believe that will happen. The MLBPA will this tooth and nail, and it might even go to court like the Saints last season and the Willams boys in Minnie a couple of seasons ago.

What NYY fan should be pissed about is the $118 mill or so he is still guaranteed. MLB contracts are stupidest ever.

-Kevin

Tifosi24
06-05-13, 02:30 PM
As it stands, this breaking news pales in comparison to Operation Puerto, but who's to say this is just the tip of the iceberg. The four major sports need to adopt the Olympic standard for banned substances. First offense, six month suspension (could be a half season ban); second offense, two-year ban; third offense, lifetime ban. Maybe I will stop hearing the local sports rubes talk about how cycling is tainted and they ignore the fact that baseball is still tainted and the other sports do not test for all the banned substances they should.

NismoZ
06-05-13, 04:14 PM
Heard Steve Stone explain this morning how the 50 game sit down was more likely than the 100 mentioned but can't recall why. Some technicality. I'll check the podcast and listen more closely this time. Sounds BIG!

NismoZ
06-05-13, 04:44 PM
Ahhh...some on the list (likely to be MORE than 20) have already HAD suspensions. Any found to have a connection with that fake Dr.Bosch (?) in Fla. will get 50 and any who said anything detrimental to MLB (lied?) get another 50. Lawyer-up, everyone.

dando
06-05-13, 07:49 PM
The reasoning behind the 100 games supposedly MLB determined they had two violations...one for lying about their association with Bouch, and the second for drug policy violations doping, second offense). It all hinges on what evidence Bouch has, and I wouldn't hang my hat on that. No idea why MLB released prematurely (IMO), since what I've heard/read, they were still yet to meet with Booch.

-Kevin

TravelGal
06-05-13, 11:05 PM
No idea why MLB released prematurely (IMO), since what I've heard/read, they were still yet to meet with Booch.

-Kevin

There has to be a screwed the Booch joke in there somewhere.