PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones- Spoilers ahead

RaceGrrl
06-03-13, 12:28 AM
Oh my. I love the books and the HBO series has been good. Richard isn't reading ahead so I need someplace to talk about where the show is going versus how the books tell the story. Anyone else watching?

Insomniac
06-03-13, 10:35 AM
Oh my. I love the books and the HBO series has been good. Richard isn't reading ahead so I need someplace to talk about where the show is going versus how the books tell the story. Anyone else watching?

I'm watching, but I'm like nrc. I'm being surprised by the show. :eek: So this is for people who are reading and watching? Just checking so I know what spoilers will be in here.

RaceGrrl
06-03-13, 12:14 PM
I dunno, really... We can talk about the show. I've read all of the books and wanted to talk about differences between the book and the show but I'll go with whatever people want to talk about. Heh, it might just be you and me talking at this point.

So, you were a little shocked about the Red Wedding? ;)

Insomniac
06-04-13, 12:05 AM
I dunno, really... We can talk about the show. I've read all of the books and wanted to talk about differences between the book and the show but I'll go with whatever people want to talk about. Heh, it might just be you and me talking at this point.

So, you were a little shocked about the Red Wedding? ;)

Absolutely. I mean, I knew something was coming, but they still blew me away. I thought the wife was going to be killed when she was asked to step forward. I really only thought she was going to pay for Robb's decision and maybe he'd finally realize he's at war and he's a King. But geez, they stabbed her in the belly a few times and wiped them all out. I just never expected the "good guys" to lose so badly and the "bad guys" to keep winning (minus a hand). :D

I do know at least in the book, Robb's wife was left behind (but wasn't pregnant) because they feared some harm would come to her. I guess they didn't want a King in waiting and want to leave the revenge to Arya. :)

[My brother told me the difference, but doesn't spoil the show. He did mention there is still half the book left.]

RaceGrrl
06-04-13, 01:01 AM
I think that's the thing that makes Martin such a great writer. We expect things to go a certain way and then they don't. Except for the fact that the walking spoiler Sean Bean was cast as Eddard Stark, who would have thought he'd be gone that quickly?

The series is combining some parts of the book because there's just so much stuff to cover, but I thought it was odd that the show had the Queen with Robb. I'm loving reading the tweets from last night. Really funny.

I'm very caught up in the Arya story.

Don Quixote
06-04-13, 09:47 AM
This is so true.

http://jpegy.com/images/uploads/2013/06/tumblr_mnsyznqOkY1ry11mso1_500.jpg

Don Quixote
06-04-13, 09:47 AM
And this.

http://img.pandawhale.com/63221-George-RR-Martin-have-a-favori-8Jw0.jpeg

Insomniac
06-04-13, 11:49 AM
I think that's the thing that makes Martin such a great writer. We expect things to go a certain way and then they don't. Except for the fact that the walking spoiler Sean Bean was cast as Eddard Stark, who would have thought he'd be gone that quickly?

The series is combining some parts of the book because there's just so much stuff to cover, but I thought it was odd that the show had the Queen with Robb. I'm loving reading the tweets from last night. Really funny.

I'm very caught up in the Arya story.

I guess the Starks were no match from the beginning. And Tywinn is much more powerful than he appears physically. They also purposely had Arya not use a wish to have him killed. Perhaps the grand clash is coming fro Kalesi.

RaceGrrl
06-04-13, 02:50 PM
Well, since this season's series is only halfway through the third book and books 4 and 5 yet to go, it will be an interesting few years.

DonQ, you're right about the G.R.R. Martin photos. LOL. There have been some great tweets and YT videos about last week's episode too. :D

Elmo T
06-04-13, 03:06 PM
I know nothing about this show. Sounds like the TV version of the Rennfest. :rolleyes:

That said, I did see the YouTubes of people watching the "Red Wedding" and :rofl::rofl:.

78juOpTM3tE

Insomniac
06-04-13, 06:55 PM
I was thinking, people just record themselves watching TV now? But I'm guessing (hoping) it was someone who read the books and knew it would be priceless to record the reactions.

TKGAngel
06-04-13, 08:33 PM
I can't remember the last time a TV show generated so much OMGWTF!!! chatter at the office the next morning.

RaceGrrl
06-05-13, 09:17 AM
I was thinking, people just record themselves watching TV now? But I'm guessing (hoping) it was someone who read the books and knew it would be priceless to record the reactions.

I wanted to record Richard watching it, but I knew there'd be no way I could do that without spoiling his viewing of the show. I didn't even want to be obvious about watching him watch it because he'd have caught that immediately. The YT video is funny because you can tell who has read the books and who hasn't and the ones who have are laughing at the reactions.

We definitely had a morning discussion at our office and there was a lot of the OMGWTF in that chat. :laugh:

SteveH
06-05-13, 09:25 AM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18ppzmu4p7d7pgif/original.gif

Don Quixote
06-05-13, 09:39 AM
^^^^^ Great!

Don Quixote
06-05-13, 10:10 AM
Here is another gif of somebody who hadn't read the book.

http://media.tumblr.com/8661bbebc1affbbcae4d4e1b23dff30e/tumblr_inline_mg7x9vpSen1r5n01v.gif

RaceGrrl
06-05-13, 01:22 PM
:thumbup::laugh::laugh:

SteveH
06-05-13, 01:34 PM
http://i.imgur.com/e6WgISE.jpg

SteveH
06-07-13, 03:24 PM
NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW NSFW

xbEhByk4Icg

I got dragons bitch!

RaceGrrl
06-07-13, 11:18 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That was awesome!

RaceGrrl
06-10-13, 10:53 AM
Meh.

G.
06-10-13, 01:14 PM
Is Red Wedding going to replay this week?

Insomniac
06-10-13, 01:34 PM
Is Red Wedding going to replay this week?

Not according to their site. It's On Demand and on HBO GO though.

RaceGrrl
06-16-14, 12:12 PM
So.... I love it when GoT has an episode that ends happily. This season had a couple of them. :thumbup: :cool:

Don Quixote
06-16-14, 12:36 PM
So.... I love it when GoT has an episode that ends happily. This season had a couple of them. :thumbup: :cool:But don't get too used to it. :laugh:

RaceGrrl
06-16-14, 12:51 PM
No worries on that front. I'm not really a book purist with this series especially because GRRM is aware of the changes being made and working with the writers on occasion. I was much more aggravated by liberties taken with Lord of the Rings because the author wasn't able to provide input on the films.