PDA

View Full Version : Slow news

datachicane
06-02-13, 01:10 PM
Yahoo does its best to convince you to leave them twisting in the wind.
As if a "News" section full of Glen Beck wasn't enough, here's a new gem for your consideration:

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l619/wfteoslh/slow_news_zps80ec7676.jpg

Ankf00
06-02-13, 03:17 PM
This is what shows up for me: Immigration reform, Egyptian Supreme Court abolishing upper parliamentary house, hydraulic fracturing regs in IL, Turkey protests, Issa & IRS probe, some storm chasing people dying, storm cleanup in the South...

I think they're just catering to your news preferences :gomer:

dando
06-02-13, 03:36 PM
data has a differently branded version. They obviously have a server or three that need a kick in the pants. :saywhat: But most importantly, the sports scores are current, and the Bengals are mentioned on the top page. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
06-02-13, 03:50 PM
data, if you really want the best and most current news, use Drudge. It's Don Q. certified. :D :gomer:

-Kevin

datachicane
06-02-13, 04:10 PM
As if the year-old headline wasn't enough, the lead in makes it clear this is anything but a news story from an actual news organization anyway. Bleahhh.

Insomniac
06-02-13, 05:24 PM
data, if you really want the best and most current news, use Drudge. It's Don Q. certified. :D :gomer:

-Kevin

The Report or the Retort? :D

WickerBill
06-02-13, 06:22 PM
Heck yes 2013 Fusion

cameraman
06-03-13, 01:05 AM
I don't normally go to yahoo at all and when I did just now the top story was an in depth report on Kim Kardashian's baby shower:saywhat:. I'll not be heading back to yahoo any time soon.:shakehead

G.
06-03-13, 01:19 PM
I used Yahoo to get news headlines, fairly regularly, but for quick updates only.

Over the last few months, their headlines became tabloid-like, and their writing was unbearable (very misleading headlines).

Now they've gone full-stupid.

Within the last month, they redesigned, and stopped pretending to matter.

NismoZ
06-03-13, 03:01 PM
Geez...looks like you don't like horses or dogs! that's just wrong!