PDA

View Full Version : Team Coyne Steamroles!

NismoZ
06-02-13, 09:25 AM
How 'bout that!? Conway wins, Wilson 3rd in the Detroit Saturday race! Sure I watched it. Good race with some good racing. Beautiful location but wish the track was smoother. Glad they went back to the extended layout. Sort of a "tire" race...when to use the reds, but Conway nailed it. (black, black, red) EASILY won, gets pole today. Hope it doesn't rain! Who would have guessed, Dale Coyne racing dominates the podium? I really like that!:thumbup:

dando
06-02-13, 09:53 AM
wish the track was smoother.

Did the track actually remain in one piece? If so, progress. :tony: Last year it was a flipping joke with chunks of the track coming up.

-Kevin

NismoZ
06-02-13, 11:22 AM
Yes, as you said, that was LAST year. Looked like a lot of repaving was done. Before anyone starts on the attendance...it didn't look very good. I'm not giving all credit to the car OR the organization yet but at least things really DO look like they are improving! A lot of very good drivers working their a**** off really help the show. At this rate I might even have to get back to Milwaukee in a couple of weeks and take a peek!

JohnHKart
06-02-13, 02:37 PM
Had to pause the race and google it. Really piss poor journalism, only saying here's Ryan Briscoe in the 4 car, no mentioning why or what happened( JR fired.). WTF???

NismoZ
06-02-13, 04:31 PM
Conway doing it again on Sunday...gapping the field early. MUCH better crowd, too. Very aggressive driving, parts flying, too many yellows already... after only 20 of 70. They REALLY need smoother and wider to make this layout better than good. Restarts are hideous...too anxious, all on the drivers. That angled cockpit view is nice!

NismoZ
06-02-13, 04:50 PM
Seriously, they just don't GET it! Another WRECK of a restart. What, TEN guys this time!? Bourdais just PUNTED Power sideways...and of course then gets through unscathed. : Will throws his gloves at Bourdais coming around past the wreck site. Guess he couldn't get his helmet off fast enough!? Says Bourdais has gone from "champ to chump!" I may have to just go mow the lawn, or something.

NismoZ
06-02-13, 05:12 PM
Yeah, JR...for non-performance, two crashes, 2nd fewest laps completed. Owner has the call...the lad isn't a federal employee you know! No investigative hearing needed! AJ sounding like HE could be a candidate for unemployment as well. Did he finish even ONE lap this weekend? Talk about "underperformance"!... ANOTHER restart...Wow Conway is REALLY good, moving up instantly. Bourdais serves a penalty for starting the last wreck and did I say Conway is REALLY good...catches Kanaan, takes the lead already, pulling away.

NismoZ
06-02-13, 05:26 PM
OK, so tires allow Kimball to pass for the lead but Conway will dump his reds soon. Kimball pits from the lead with 20 to go and Pagenaud assumes the lead. This is NOT a boring street parade at all. Looks like Conway in 4th has the best shot at this point. Faster than Franchitti in 3rd...he'll run him down. Good race, folks! Have to say.

NismoZ
06-02-13, 05:52 PM
Interesting... Pagenaud pits and gets out in 2nd AHEAD of Conway and Franchitti! Jakes pits from the lead...but Pagenaud goes past and he regains the lead. Conway has a LOT of ground to make up in the next 10 laps. He's 3rd, 3 seconds behind Jakes. Pagenaud looks good now, 2.7 ahead of Jakes with 8 to go. Pagenaud pulling away, + 4.7 with 4 to go. Schmidt/Hamilton Racing:thumbup: GREAT race for 2nd...Jakes then Conway. VERY good race in spite of the restart stuff. SO nice to see winners NOT from the "Big 3"... Glad I didn't go mowing!:) Hmmm...5 Hondas in the top 5, I wonder??? Tie for 1st (Marco and Helio)in the title race. Things ARE looking better, at least.

Gopeddle
06-02-13, 06:27 PM
I must say, with those ugly toy box cars and the 7 yellows for restart shunts it looked like amateur hour.

NismoZ
06-02-13, 06:38 PM
Wellll, duhhhh....but you have to look BEYOND that crap...to the GOOD stuff !:rofl: Geez, you sound like those might be some of YOUR guys out there rearranging things! Right? Huh? Am I right? Geez x2, did you see that Jakes guy? Talk about "The Chin!" TB ought to be all over THAT! Don't think he did a lot cheating or chopping or b-tarding and he drives really fast but it may be a good thing he isn't a pro fighter!

NismoZ
06-02-13, 06:49 PM
And Pagenose? TK is probably glad to see HIM show up, too!:gomer:

opinionated ow
06-02-13, 11:34 PM
Sorry to say it bud...I think you were the only person watching it.

Kiwifan
06-02-13, 11:59 PM
Sorry to say it bud...I think you were the only person watching it.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That's funny Aussie. :thumbup:

Rogue Leader
06-02-13, 11:59 PM
I watched and enjoyed it. It was a combination of good racing and amateur hour...

Everyone looked/drove exhausted on Day 2 you could tell. The doubleheader is a nice idea, but a race on a track like that kicks the drivers ass, so to have to come back and do it again..... :rolleyes:

Will Power can't win a thing to save his life this year. Franchitti ain't doing much better. Funny that the 2 title contenders the past 3 years are completely lost in this years championship.

Dinger... man that was horrible.

And yeah nobody was there.

nrc
06-03-13, 12:06 AM
I did appreciate the play by play, though. :)

mapguy
06-03-13, 08:52 AM
I caught some of the highlights (lowlights?) last night and this hit me. The rear wings...

http://www.roadandtrack.com/cm/roadandtrack/images/3o/the-rollhoop-mounted-36-degree-camera-on-the-2012-dallara-indy-car-1-lg.jpg

http://www.onfocus.com/cam/2003/finley/P7050043.jpg

WTF?

NismoZ
06-03-13, 09:19 AM
No need to be sorry. I WAS the only one watching...at my house. :) All I'm saying is I think IndyCar is a better show than previously and just may be the best semi-open wheel racing series out there!;) Hated the dumb driving, loved the great driving and result. I like seeing new names come along and can hardly wait to see if Sage Karam and Zach Veach are as good as they seem to be. You know, "the real deal.":)

Elmo T
06-03-13, 09:20 AM
I must say, with those ugly toy box cars and the 7 yellows for restart shunts it looked like amateur hour.

This. :shakehead

I will give the track layout a +1 over previous years.

stroker
06-03-13, 11:11 AM
one of the benefits of being unable to afford TV is that my brain will be unpolluted with that stuff.

Wish I could watch the Isle of Man, though...

:cry:

Trevor Longman
06-03-13, 12:20 PM
one of the benefits of being unable to afford TV is that my brain will be unpolluted with that stuff.

Wish I could watch the Isle of Man, though...

:cry:

I haven't been able to watch this year but I'll probably catch it online in a few weeks. I heard McGuiness broke the lap record this year!

Andrew Longman
06-03-13, 12:23 PM
I caught some of the highlights (lowlights?) last night and this hit me. The rear wings...WTF?Justin was complaining after crashing out that the huge wings made it impossible to see what was happening in front of the car in front of you. -- hence the reason for so many crashes on restarts.

Nizmo, I feel you. I watched it. It was entertaining... compared to the other crap on TV especially the NASCRAP race and infomercials, but not CART back in the day. I am especially recalling Montoya's pole run there.

G.
06-03-13, 01:10 PM
I had forgotten it was on, carried by a channel I get, and a double-header. I saw the end of the Sat. race, and caught a bit of online info. Coyne! Coyne-mania ensues!

DVR'ed the Sun. race. Watched the first 15 laps or so, then found something else to do.

I think it was the interview with Mr. Unemployadinger that made lawn care so attractive.

(secrets: I am a fan of 'Dinger.)

I'll probably finish it out, with the volume off. :yuck:

Might not need to, since the littlest one (whowillgiveyoueverysingledetailwhetheryouwantitor not) was watching it this AM.

/blog

NismoZ
06-03-13, 03:17 PM
Yeah, was only comparing it to it's earlier self, not the good ol' days. Still might trek to Milwaukee, though. My last visit there (for the race) was RHR at night, pole to flag. DOMINATED! Froze my rear...in JUNE!

JohnHKart
06-05-13, 03:01 AM
90 MINUTES into race two, after almost 4 hours of broadcasting , we finally get an explanation as to what happened to JR. Madness.

NismoZ
06-05-13, 08:06 AM
Rutherford!? Retired years ago, didn't he?:p

Ed_Severson
06-05-13, 08:15 AM
Well, I enjoyed it. A little champagne on Sunday afternoon never hurts.

Chief
06-05-13, 02:47 PM
90 MINUTES into race two, after almost 4 hours of broadcasting , we finally get an explanation as to what happened to JR. Madness.

Was Frankie Munoz on the podium?