PDA

View Full Version : Special Ed

Racing Truth
05-18-13, 07:38 PM
Polesitter at Indianapolis.:eek:

But you know what? :thumbup::thumbup:to him and the team. Not an r/s racer, but he IS good on ovals.

Hard Driver
05-19-13, 10:53 PM
I give him big credit to beat the big boys, Penske and Andretti. And he did it as an owner/driver. Never been that impressed with his racing skill, but he does do well on ovals. :thumbup:

mueber
05-20-13, 09:19 AM
I just read about this a moment ago. All I can say is, "What a joke." If you bother to watch, I expect a Kevin Cogan imitation at the start.

gerhard911
05-20-13, 09:47 AM
Unlikely. Not nearly enough HP in those "spec"tacularly underpowered duhlaras (even if he gets another spinner).

SteveH
05-20-13, 09:59 AM
Part of the track owner's family,
crew chief is the incoming President of Competition - or whatever,
out of the blue wins the pole.

What a compelling story line to drive up ratings. :thumbup:

Andrew Longman
05-20-13, 11:27 AM
Part of the track owner's family,
crew chief is the incoming President of Competition - or whatever,
out of the blue wins the pole.

What a compelling story line to drive up ratings. :thumbup:Got to admit I thought about Special Ed getting a "special" ECU/pop off.

Then again Tags beat them all two years ago with a pretty handicapped team and not a lot of "friends".

Chief
05-20-13, 11:41 AM
Damn shame...these rules at Indy. Will Power ran the fastest lap AND fastest 4 laps in what should be considered the defacto standard in Indy qualifying. For Will's efforts, Speshil Ed crowned king...it's an absolute travesty on the sport. Seriously.

But, the dumb rules took over and the rest is history. 6 qualifying attempts per car per weekend, and up to 4 attempts to win pole. Gotta say, that's not Indy to me. :shakehead

SteveH
05-20-13, 02:04 PM
Was not aware of that, Chief. I'm sure though that the increased ratings and attendance due to the shoot out more than make up for trampling on tradition.

What? :shakehead

Ziggy
05-20-13, 02:44 PM
I pert near passed out from all the drama

Special Ed, what a pro!

I hope he wins, then they can sell the Speedway and save us all from this boring contrived bullsheet.

See you at the wilbur shaw auction :flame:

TKGAngel
05-20-13, 03:34 PM
Was not aware of that, Chief. I'm sure though that the increased ratings and attendance due to the shoot out more than make up for trampling on tradition.

What? :shakehead

Ratings? Please. The entire shootout wasn't even televised on NBCSN. Because of weather in the Indy area, Indy extended the window for the qualifying to 6pm and then the shootout from 630pm-7pm. Because NBCSN had a Preakness post-show scheduled, anyone who wanted to watch the start of the shootout had to find the live streaming online and then jump back to the TV at 7pm.

I guess you could say that Mr. Ed preempted Special Ed. :)

Chief
05-20-13, 03:56 PM
Ratings? Please. The entire shootout wasn't even televised on NBCSN. Because of weather in the Indy area, Indy extended the window for the qualifying to 6pm and then the shootout from 630pm-7pm. Because NBCSN had a Preakness post-show scheduled, anyone who wanted to watch the start of the shootout had to find the live streaming online and then jump back to the TV at 7pm.

I guess you could say that Mr. Ed preempted Special Ed. :)

I was travelling on Saturday...so I turned on SiriusXM ch. 211 to listen to quals. As Mike King sez the track is dry and Scott Dixon was rolling out PFFFFFT off air goes the station....replaced by some VOX reading text files of the days programming schedule. Yes, Indycar BLACKED OUT SiriusXM coverage of qualifying. And, to the best of my knowledge it was off the rest of the day. :p

Andrew Longman
05-20-13, 04:48 PM
They blacked out their own website if stuff was actually being shown on NBCS. I was out all day Sunday and thought to check in on my iPad. Nope.

Glad there wasn't anything to watch anyway.

Racing Truth
05-20-13, 07:24 PM
I just read about this a moment ago. All I can say is, "What a joke." If you bother to watch, I expect a Kevin Cogan imitation at the start.

Meh, not from Carpenter. He's fine on ovals (won Fontana-500 miles- last yr.). If a "Coogan" happens, it will be from P2.

Gnam
05-20-13, 07:34 PM
Sign of the times.

BigIrlFan
Veteran

Last Activity: 05-03-13 12:52 PM

I hope Ed Carpenter shows America all of what he's capable of.

TravelGal
05-20-13, 08:37 PM

:laugh:

SteveH
05-20-13, 08:42 PM
Sign of the times.

America won't be watching,

Indy
05-21-13, 08:44 AM
First lap, first turn, with this lineup? This American wouldn't miss it. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Rogue Leader
05-21-13, 01:04 PM
First lap, first turn, with this lineup? This American wouldn't miss it. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Considering Will Power's luck this season he's almost guaranteed to be caught up in it too...