PDA

View Full Version : RA Testing Times and Pics

chop456
06-27-03, 11:04 AM
I forgot my stopwatch. Luckily, RTKar's cell phone has one that actually works better than my stopwatch, but only goes to 1/10ths. Keep in mind that there's no guarantee that the laps I happened to get for each driver were actually their fastest lap. Jourdain, for instance. I was only able to get a time for one flying lap. Each time I'd start the clock, he'd be on his in lap. Some others, I only got one time for, also. The times for Bruno and Sebastien ARE fairly accurate. N/H ran FAR more laps than Players did. Sebastian adapted very quickly and whatever changes they were making were making him faster with each lap. Again, take these times w/ a grain of salt, except for N/H. I wish I could have counted total laps, but with a stopwatch in one hand and a beer in the other...

At one point, I'd just walked back up to the stand from my seat and put the camera away. Tracy then came up through 13 and I could tell something was wrong with his front wing. The whole left side looked white. As he got closer, I saw that he had one of the braking distance markers wrapped around it. :D

I seem to remember CART's lap record being around 1:38, can anyone verify that?

Anyway, FWIW...

1. Bourdais ---1:44.1
2. Junquiera ---1:44.2
3. Tracy -------1:45.1
4. Jourdain-----1:46.6
5. TagS--1:46.7
6. Dominguez----1:47.7 (Sideways at T14 on this lap)
7. Montiero ----1:48.1
8. Papis--------1:48.6
9. Haberfeld----1:48.8
10. Geoff Boss--1:54.3

Link to really crappy pics will follow as soon as wifey gives up the desktop PC.

Warlock!
06-27-03, 11:42 AM
Now I'm gonna feel like a real heel as I watch em at Mid Ohio on Monday, no stopwatch, no pencil or paper... I might take the scanner, but then I'd have to program the damn numbers in again... I'll probably just watch cars go by, sip beers, smoke cigars, and think about what a lazy race fan I am. :gomer:

BTW, thanks for the numbers, Chopper.

Warlock!

sundaydriver
06-27-03, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the info. :thumbup:

chop456
06-27-03, 02:46 PM
Here's the pics.

Obviously, it's the album entitled "CART Test at RA"

The crappy photography is only enhanced by the crappy 2X digital zoom.

http://community.webshots.com/user/chop456

RTKar
06-27-03, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Warlock!
Now I'm gonna feel like a real heel as I watch em at Mid Ohio on Monday, no stopwatch, no pencil or paper... I might take the scanner, but then I'd have to program the damn numbers in again... I'll probably just watch cars go by, sip beers, smoke cigars, and think about what a lazy race fan I am. :gomer:

BTW, thanks for the numbers, Chopper.

Warlock!

I never know what to do at the track,take serious pictures,drink beer,socialize or just simply watch the cars. I was gonna bring a stop watch and figured ..Oh hell, I'm too lazy to do that but then I remembered seeing a stopwatch feature on my cell phone, Chop mentioned forgetting his stop watch ....so, what the hell if he wants to be the consumate racing geek...., ;) I tried taking some serious pictures while drinking a few beers...the whole time thinking this sure beats being at work...and what a bunch of racing geeks we are, driving all this way just to watch them test