PDA

View Full Version : Five years past

nrc
05-02-13, 11:02 AM
I meant to post on the actual anniversary but time flies. It has now been five years since the last Champcar race - Long Beach 2008. I suppose some might say that it was really Mexico 2007 (last CCWS points race) or even Mexico 2006 (last "real" Champcar chasis race). Any way you slice it, it feels like a very long time ago now.

Indy
05-02-13, 08:03 PM
It's a good thing it's gone, because the Speedway couldn't have enjoyed all this success if CCWS was still around.

SteveH
05-02-13, 09:02 PM
I went to that race.

Haven't been to one since.

Dvdb
05-02-13, 11:18 PM
Back when cars were cars, and not back-breakers, flying killing machines.

Gnam
05-03-13, 12:38 AM
All good things must come to an end. Otherwise there wouldn't be room for all the endless bull****.

Anteater
05-06-13, 05:53 PM
It has now been five years since the last Champcar race - Long Beach 2008.

When the race ended, my husband and I held each other in the grandstand and wept as the last glorious DP01 ("The Future of Racing") passed us by. We still get bummed out every April because there is no Champ Car at our home track.

5 years since CC was sold out to the Idiot Grandson...the days when Mr. Anteater and I spent almost all our vacations attending Champ Car races seem like they were in another lifetime. :(

nrc
05-06-13, 10:07 PM
I'm glad that there was still hope when we watched our last Champ Car scream past. It would have been so much more painful otherwise. :cry:

Indy
05-06-13, 11:23 PM
...the days when Mr. Anteater and I spent almost all our vacations attending Champ Car races seem like they were in another lifetime. :(

That's the way we were. Maybe kids and old age would have slowed us down, but it was great while it lasted (seemingly a long, long time ago). Now I have much more vacation and money and much less fun. :(

Kiwifan
05-18-13, 11:54 PM
5 years since CC was sold out to the Idiot Grandson...the days when Mr. Anteater and I spent almost all our vacations attending Champ Car races seem like they were in another lifetime. :(

Sigh, kinda mirrors our life, holiday to the Gold Coast, four days of racing, few drinks, nice food.........gone. :shakehead

The good news is the money we haven't spent on the IRL has enabled us to get up to North America four times. (Do miss the Series tho)

Lizzerd
07-31-13, 09:44 PM
I haven't been to a race since the unfortunate demise. It pretty much coincides with my semi-departure of racing forums. I even gave up on the Indy 500. I still have my memories, though.

nrc
07-31-13, 11:26 PM
Nice to see you looking in all the same.

dando
07-31-13, 11:47 PM
Liz, it was a pleasure sitting next to you for the Roar by the Shore circa '05. :)

-Kevin

SteveH
08-01-13, 12:17 AM
He lives! Hi stranger.

Kiwifan
08-01-13, 01:47 AM
Where you been mate? You HAVE been missed. I still thank the Boss for letting us gather here and chew the fat with old friends, racing friends. :thumbup:

Don't be a stranger there Lizzerd.

RTKar
08-01-13, 07:33 AM
I haven't been to a race since the unfortunate demise. It pretty much coincides with my semi-departure of racing forums. I even gave up on the Indy 500. I still have my memories, though.

Hey Lizz. :cool:

Yea...At least we have memories