PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Meetings

Napoleon
06-27-03, 09:55 AM
Here are my suggestions. Please indicate if you are in for any of these ideas.

http://www.cleveland.com/lakefront/east/

On Friday night I say we go to the Flats and meet at the outdoor bar at Dick’s Last Resort on the east bank of the Cuyahoga River.

http://www.dickslastresort.com/cleveland/cleve_store.htm

http://www.cleveland.com/dining/map.ssf?/cgi-bin/cleve/mqinterconnect.cgi?streetaddress=1096+Old+River+Ro ad&city=Cleveland&state=OH&zip=44113&link=map&width=350&height=241&var1=Dick%27s+Last+Resort&var2=1096+Old+River+Road&var3=Cleveland&var4=OH&var5=44113&var6=&var7=%28216%29+241-1234&link=maps/dining/diningmap_cleve

My thinking is that with fireworks downtown it may be easier to get back to the flats by using the train then into the warehouse district. Even driving by car maybe easier. Also for out of towners it would be nice to do something on the lake or river. I will post later what I will be wearing, but I would suggest for anyone who has not met people from this board looking at the picture page for OC members to get an idea of who you are looking for.

We can meet there after the fireworks are done and we travel over from the track. I would guess we would be getting there no earlier then 11pm. I would suggest parking in the flats and taking the train to the track, and at the end of the day simply taking the train back. The East Bank station is where you would want to get off.

http://www.gcrta.org/pdfs/maps/WFLmap.pdf

http://www.gcrta.org/pdfs/67.pdf

Note, that contrary to common sense you must look at the eastbound schedule for the waterfront line running west and vice versa. This is because almost the entire track runs eastbound, but at the very end where it is called the Waterfront Line it turns back on itself. I called the RTA yesterday and they said they would be running a holiday schedule on the 4th, which means a train every 15 minutes, but by early next week they would know whether they would be adding trains. I told them they should. I have to believe they will since there will be a large number of people downtown.

Saturday would people like to meet for a lunch on the deck at Shooters around say noon?

http://www.shootersflats.com/

http://www.cleveland.com/dining/map.ssf?/cgi-bin/cleve/mqinterconnect.cgi?streetaddress=1148+Main+Ave&city=Cleveland&state=OH&zip=44113&link=map&width=350&height=241&var1=Shooters+on+the+Water&var2=1148+Main+Ave&var3=Cleveland&var4=OH&var5=44113&var6=&var7=%28216%29+861-6900&link=maps/dining/diningmap_cleve

The above map is slightly inaccurate, in that Shooters is located right on the point where there is a split in the river which is above the red star on the map. At that time of the day it would be best to park on the street near Shooters. Note Shooter’s is a little pricey with sandwiches starting at $8 (you do not need to order though and can sit on the deck drinking a beverage). If a good number of people want to go somewhere cheaper I have on alternative we could move this to on the other side of the river.

I was not going to post for Saturday night, but if there is enough interest perhaps was could do something in the warehouse district. Maybe somewhere like the Blind Pig Speakeasy or Dive Bar.

If anyone wants to call me or receive an update by cell phone pm me your name and cell number and I will send you my number.

Some of you may find interesting links here

http://www.cleveland.com/visit/

By the way if anyone wants to copy this post, edit it appropriately and post on 7G feel free to.
If anyone wants to do something at the track I would suggest picking a day and time and posting it in this thread. Ussually Lablatts or some other beer company has an outdoor bar and I would suggest meeting in front of it as a good spot, especially if they have a big blow up beer bottle sitting out front.
here is the race schedule:

Thursday, July 3, 2003
11:15 AM - 12:00 PM Trans-Am Practice
12:15 PM - 12:45 PM Barber Dodge Practice
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM CHAMP CAR PRACTICE
2:15 PM - 2:45 PM Atlantic Practice
3:00 PM - 3:30 PM Trans-Am Qualifying
3:45 PM - 4:15 PM Pace Car On Track Activities
4:30 PM - 5:30 PM CHAMP CAR QUALIFYING
5:45 PM - 6:25 PM Barber Dodge Qualifying
8:00 PM - 8:50 PM CHAMP CAR PRACTICE
9:00 PM - 9:30 PM Pace Car On Track Activities
9:40 PM - 10:30 PM CHAMP CAR PRACTICE
Friday, July 4, 2003
11:45 AM - 12:15 PM Trans-Am Practice
12:30 PM - 1:00 PM Pace Car On Track Activities
1:15 PM - 1:45 PM Atlantic Practice
2:00 PM - 2:30 PM Barber Dodge Final Qualifying
2:45 PM - 3:45 PM CHAMP CAR PRACTICE
4:00 PM - 4:30 PM Pace Car On Track Activities
4:45 PM - 5:25 PM Atlantic Qualifying
5:40 PM - 7:00 PM Trans-Am Race
6:30 PM - 8:00 PM Technical Inspection
7:00 PM - 7:45 PM Champ Car Appreciation Activity
(All-Driver Autograph Session - Location
TBD)
7:15 PM - 7:45 PM Pace Car On Track Activities
8:30 PM - 9:30 PM CHAMP CAR QUALIFYING
9:45 PM City of Cleveland Fireworks Celebration (Exact time may vary)
Saturday, July 5, 2003
1:30 PM - 1:45 PM Barber Dodge Warm Up
2:00 PM - 2:15 PM Atlantic Warm Up
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM Fan Forum (Location TBD)
2:30 PM - 3:00 PM Pace Car On Track Activities
3:15 PM - 4:05 PM Barber Dodge Race
4:30 PM - 5:00 PM CHAMP CAR WARM UP
5:00 PM Grid Atlantic Cars
5:30 PM - 6:15 PM Atlantic Race
6:30 PM - 7:00 PM Pace Car On Track Activities
GRID CHAMP CARS

8:30 PM START OF CLEVELAND GRAND PRIX presented by US Bank (Race Number 9 of the 2003 Bridgestone Presents The Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford) TBA Laps

mello
06-27-03, 10:09 AM
:confused: Aren't you the same guy that planned the rules for the pool at Woo Doggies that time? LOL
RTkar make sure you get this all straight!

RTKar
06-27-03, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by mello
:confused: Aren't you the same guy that planned the rules for the pool at Woo Doggies that time? LOL
RTkar make sure you get this all straight!

Yes Dear.;)

Warlock!
06-27-03, 11:26 AM
Damn, Nappy... thanks for all the leg work. It's doubtful I'll make it for the Friday night deal with the kiddies and all, but I should be able to do the noon-thing on Sat.

Also, I should be at the track all day on Friday if anyone wants to buy me a beer at the main beer stand (labatts or whatever it is) I'm sure I'll find my way there quite frequently ;)

And Nappy... where's a good place to park in the flats? Are there lots anywhere, or do you just park on the side streets?

Warlock!

mello
06-27-03, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Napoleon

Saturday would people like to meet for a lunch on the deck at Shooters around say noon?

They have fresh lake perch sandwiches and walleye niblets. Heck yah!!!

RTKar
06-27-03, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by mello
[B
RTkar make sure you get this all straight! [/B]

...hauling Lisa and Mel around...it's gonna be like driving Miss Daisy...

Lizzerd
06-27-03, 06:47 PM
I'm at the mercy of whoever provides my wheels, but I'm into just about anything as long as cold beer, good food, hot women, and fast cars are involved.

No, wait... I meant fast women and hot cars.

No, wait... hot food and fast beer.

No, wait... good beer and cold women.

No, wait... just leave it at beer, food, women, and cars, because I'm getting myself in trouble.

RaceChic
06-27-03, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by RTKar
...hauling Lisa and Mel around...it's gonna be like driving Miss Daisy...

Lizzerd and me and Tracey and Giggles too! :)
Just kidding! Hope we all can spend time together though! :D

rocket
06-27-03, 07:12 PM
I hope I don't have to taxicab it around Cleveland by myself:(

mello
06-27-03, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by rocket
I hope I don't have to taxicab it around Cleveland by myself:(
Rocket I am sure someone can work something out!! Don't worry (yet) Hey we all give each other rides to and fro from races and airports. We only have a 2 seater or I would give my driver up and pick you up myself. I am sure something will work out.:)

rocket
06-27-03, 08:11 PM
I'm not to worried mello, I just need a definite destination. As much as I am looking forward to the race, I also look forward to getting together with all the people I have met, and I don't want to miss any oport. to get together.:thumbup:

Napoleon
06-29-03, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Warlock!
where's a good place to park in the flats? Are there lots anywhere, or do you just park on the side streets?

There are several lots, you can not miss them.

Originally posted by slashman
Is a cab ride from the Marriot Downtown to Shooters ok? or is it too far.

Not that far at all

Twisty Bits
06-30-03, 12:11 PM
Joe's Crab Shack is pretty reasonable also.

RaceGrrl
07-02-03, 11:34 PM
So what's the final plan? I have no preference where we get together. Someone decide and just tell me where and when.

mello
07-03-03, 05:34 AM
Friday night at Dick's for sure Racegrrl. Then not sure what else. I guess we can decide that night.

Warlock!
07-03-03, 06:16 AM
Since I won't be around on Friday night, could someone call me to let me know if you're still soin' lunch at Shooters on Sat? I'd appreciate it...

No big deal if the Shooters deal goes down... I'm sure we'll catch plenty of each other at the track, too. *cough* Labatt's Cabin *cough*!

I'm on the road in 10 minutes for a wonderfully hot-ass day at Six Fags, then on to the track tonight. Later, y'all!

Warlock!

Railbird
07-03-03, 06:30 AM
don't get your big ass flung off of some rolly coaster Warlock.

Oh sure, the kids will laugh at first.

Railbird
07-03-03, 12:01 PM
The only way I've ever made it to Shooters is by water taxi. How about some directions that include oh, let's say, a bridge.

Nick and I may be rolling up there in time to grab lunch Saturday.

RaceGrrl
07-03-03, 06:20 PM
If any of you want to exchange cell phone numbers, PM me with yours and I'll compile a list and PM everyone on the list. It would be nice to have numbers if we have trouble connecting while we're up there.

See you tomorrow. :)

mello
07-03-03, 06:24 PM
YAh good idea

Twisty Bits
07-04-03, 03:55 AM
Noon at Shooters, I'm there.:cool:
If no one's there, I'm goin to Joe's.

RaceChic
07-06-03, 09:46 PM
Darnit! Didn't see the part on these cell phone numbers till I got home! :laugh: :shakehead :laugh: