PDA

View Full Version : MidOhio test 6/30

RaceGrrl
06-27-03, 12:12 AM
MidOhio CART testing open to public (http://www.cart.com/News/Article.asp?ID=6366)

I have to work a half-day on Monday, but will drive up to the track for the afternoon if I get off work by 1 or so. Is anyone else planning to go?

mello
06-27-03, 05:50 AM
Wanted to real bad. Thought of every possible thing I could to get the day off. Then remembered one of the other 2 girls I work with is off all week. :cry:

Warlock!
06-27-03, 07:06 AM
I'm trying to put it out of my head, but I keep thinkin' I wanna go. Next week is a very short week for me anyhow since I'm taking off for Cleveburg on Thursday AM... so work wise, it's a stretch. I guess it's gonna depend on the mood I wake up with on Mon morning.

Warlock!

Hardpoint
06-27-03, 08:11 AM
Im already off work with a broken arm so there's a good chance that I can make it up. I have a doctors appointment at 8:45 than the day is clear.

rabbit
06-27-03, 08:54 AM
No thanks. Too many picnic tables and porta-potties for my taste.

Warlock!
06-27-03, 09:27 AM
The urge is getting stronger...

Toddy, wanna tip some brews (with your good arm)? What's Flobee up to?

Warlock!

RaceChic
06-27-03, 09:45 AM
Is everyone just going up for the day?
Or will there be an over-nighter from Sunday to Monday?
Monday is a holiday here in Canada. I'm leaning towards it......... :rolleyes:

RaceGrrl
06-27-03, 09:53 AM
I think most people will just drive up the same day. For me, it will be a half day, and it's looking like I might not get off work as early as I'd hoped. If I can get up there for a couple of hours in the afternoon, I'll definitely do it.

Hardpoint
06-27-03, 10:02 AM
Warlock, I can't imagine going to M-O and not tipping a few. As far as Flobee, I'm sure he could be persuaded into it if properly encouraged (ice cold Miller lite). Kub may be a possibility as well depending on his class/study schedule.

Hardpoint
06-27-03, 10:03 AM
Does anyone know how late in the day it will go?

Warlock!
06-27-03, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by RaceChic
Monday is a holiday here in Canada. I'm leaning towards it......... :rolleyes:
A holiday?!? What, you're just trying to steal some thunder away from our Independance Day? Canadians... sheesh... :shakehead

;)

Also, my 'insider' buddy said he heard most of the cars are gonna be there... so take that for what it's worth.

What about Twisty and devilmaster?

Sean O'Gorman
06-27-03, 10:59 AM
I might go, but I'd probably have to take off for school by about 3ish.

RaceGrrl
06-27-03, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by GoBucks
Does anyone know how late in the day it will go?

I heard from someone that the track is rented until 5.

Hardpoint
06-27-03, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by SOG35
I might go, but I'd probably have to take off for school by about 3ish.

Who needs school? Warlock will give you all the edumacation you will ever need. ;)

chop456
06-27-03, 11:10 AM
Do it you babies. ;)

We had fun at RA and were only allowed access to one area. MO's GOTTA' do better than that, I'd think. Not as much real estate to secure, for one.

Sun, ChampCars and beer on a Monday? What's not to like?

RTKar
06-27-03, 11:13 AM
Got to agree with Chop, anything's better than going to work, even the dentist is,.... but especially Champcars,beer and good company.

XPF
06-27-03, 12:44 PM
I should be there between 3 and 4

Hardpoint
06-27-03, 12:47 PM
It's looking like Myself, the wife, the youngin' and Flobee will be up late morning (11:00ish). No word from Kub yet.

RaceChic
06-27-03, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Warlock!
A holiday?!? What, you're just trying to steal some thunder away from our Independance Day? Canadians... sheesh... :shakehead

;)

Also, my 'insider' buddy said he heard most of the cars are gonna be there... so take that for what it's worth.

What about Twisty and devilmaster?

If anyone wants to meet up with me for Sunday night or something, I'll come on over. :D
As far as TwisyBits and devilmaster go, I think the CART stars of tomorrow thing in Windsor is happening for them! :D

devilmaster
06-27-03, 07:38 PM
myself and Jeff are probably a definite maybe for Monday.

We've done these things before, getting up at a stupidly early time to get on the road to a track. This ain't no diff. ChampCar stars of Tomorrow all weekend, capped off with Monday practice for Champcar, sounds like a great way to end a long weekend. I'll know the answer tomorrow when Jeff and I get together.

Steve

RaceChic
06-27-03, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by devilmaster
myself and Jeff are probably a definite maybe for Monday.

We've done these things before. ChampCar stars of Tomorrow all weekend, capped off with Monday practice for Champcar, sounds like a great way to end a long weekend. I'll know the answer tomorrow when Jeff and I get together.

Steve

Now there's a possibility...... :)

nrc
06-27-03, 08:45 PM
Shouldn't this be in the Gatherings forum? :p

RaceGrrl
06-27-03, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by nrc
Shouldn't this be in the Gatherings forum? :p

You're just jealous because you can't go. :p

RaceChic
06-29-03, 01:33 PM
What are the times this testing session will run for the day? It was said the track is booked till 5:00pm, but when do they start? :)

RaceGrrl
06-30-03, 09:08 PM
Mid-Ohio was great fun today. I didn't get to the track until 3pm- the cars ran until 6pm. It was the most relaxed day I've ever had at the track, and it was nice to be able to freely walk around the paddock without having hordes of people in the way.

It was nice to hang with my OffCamber and Crappy friends. When I arrived, Warlock, devilmaster, RaceChic, Tantra, Flobee and pchall were already there, emptying Bubbas. XPF joined us a bit later. The Natty's, Downshift62 and BobUp were there to represent Crapwagon. Besides the Molson Bubbas, I brought jello "shots," and we had a toast to our absent OC and Crappy friends. Since the shots were a hit, I can see that I'll have much more preparation to do for the MidOhio weekend.

Chris Kneifel was walking around in a crappy T-shirt, a shirt that was well-worn by the looks of it. Pretty funny, I hope someone got a picture of that. The drivers were just hanging around the paddock, and were pretty friendly.

Bourdais' car is sporting more red but he would not reveal the sponsor. I didn't talk to him, but DS62 from Crapwagon did, and Bourdais just said, "you'll see."

It was fab to hear the ChampCars on a quiet day- no radio announcer, no additional noise. Just the cars- and they still sound sweet. One of the best things for me was seeing Darren Manning make a great burn-out exit of his pit box, and then later, walking over to Thunder Valley to stand on the pedestrian bridge as the cars flew by underneath. That was amazing.

It was well worth the trip, even if I only had a few hours there. One thing is certain, the people at the track today are the diehards, and if CART does open testing again- I AM THERE!

PS: mello- I got Coffee Crisp! :p

pchall
06-30-03, 11:21 PM
First a jello shot, then a Bubba hit. Another vodka shot, then a lager hit...

We might not be able to post testing times, but we have some impressive fuel consumption rates to talk about...

mello
06-30-03, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl

PS: mello- I got Coffee Crisp! :p
Ok it was not enough that you got off work and went up there and you knew I was stuck at work no matter what. Now you have to rub in the dang coffee crisp. geez.. if you tell me you got a bubba players I am going to have a major talk with a couple of canucks I know.

downshift62
07-01-03, 08:47 AM
:thumbup: Yup! It was a very fun day. Nice to hang with all of the OC's and CW's.

Gentilozzi is one cool dude. I talked to him for a bit.
We even gave Jeemy crap about the "at the track" vids.

DS62

Warlock!
07-01-03, 09:01 AM
Stoopid sunburn... and now I don't have the same toxicity level in my blood to dull the pain. Open test days are cool.

Oh... and nice to see ya here, Single Guy.

Warlock!

RaceChic
07-01-03, 10:06 AM
I don't think I could have had a better day!
It was like being a kid in a candy store. Or a bull loose in a china shop? :laugh:
Downshift62, you are good company! Loved meeting you and see you in Cleveland. Glad you're here! :)
So many stories that it would take forever to tell. It was that phenominal an experience! Thanks for the jello shots RaceGrrl! I've never had one before. And that beef jerky was soooooooooooooooo good! What kind is it? That is to me like the Coffee Crisp chocolate bars are to some of you! A fine American treat! :D

All of the drivers were so approachable and social! I sincerely believe they recognized the devotion if the fans that were there that day. And they treated us that way. As devoted fans. The various staff all did also. Makes me very proud to be a CART fan and of our drivers as well as all the folks that put CART out there for us week after week. . Tag even walked devilmaster and I right up to his paddock area himself to get devilmaster's Bubba signed. Patrick gave me a big, fat hug and hung around a little to joke with us. Then I bumped into him going in opposite directions at the door of a restaurant. We both burst out laughing! He really is a treasure of a person.

Mr. Gentilozzi is also a very cool, and approachable man.
Had a drink with devilmaster and I.

Oh and Chris Kneifel in a Crapwagon shirt! :laugh: Very nice guy also indeed! :D

The only thing missing for me was the presence of PT....... :cry: I'll bet under casual circumstances like that, he would have been a riot!

pchall
07-01-03, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by RaceChic
I don't think I could have had a better day!
It was like being a kid in a candy store. Or a bull loose in a china shop? :laugh:

More like "a heifer loose on a stud farm". ;)

Nothing like sunshine and beer to make the guys horny...

RaceChic
07-01-03, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by pchall
More like "a heifer loose on a stud farm". ;)

Nothing like sunshine and beer to make the guys horny...

Huh? :confused: :eek: :confused:

DjDrOmusic
07-01-03, 04:07 PM
Patrick gave me a big, fat hug

Was that a shotgun I heard cocking at Mello's place???:rofl: :rofl:

RaceChic
07-01-03, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by DjDrOmusic

If PT had been there I may have reduced my chances of getting shot! :laugh:

pchall
07-01-03, 07:51 PM

Kaboom!!!

We all have pellets in our hides.

mello
07-01-03, 07:56 PM

LOL NO!! It was my first time at a track in 99 when I went to the MO test that I saw the same thing in Patreek that they saw. That is the day I become obbessed with Cart and PC. So I understand totally what a wonderful day they all had. Just wish Fly and I could have made it.

Please tell me PChall didn't call him patwreck to his face.?

pchall
07-01-03, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by mello
[/B]
Please tell me PChall didn't call him patwreck to his face.? [/B]
What else could I say to Carbender? :;

mello
07-01-03, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by pchall
What else could I say to Carbender? :;

Wasn't this covered under other users abuse?:p

SID
07-01-03, 09:22 PM
It was a great time, and good to see some faces I haven't seen for a while (like since the 2 year old was born). Wish you could have been there mello, I think I have some pix of mario & you from the town meeting.

I'm ashamed of some of you for corrupting your cute young children (and cute young girlfriends!) with this shameful lifestyle. OK, OK, I know that I did (and will probably do again) the same thing, but I was hoping that you would learn from my mistakes. But since you didn't ...... what time does cocktail hour start in Cleveland?

SID

RaceChic
07-02-03, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by SID
It was a great time, and good to see some faces I haven't seen for a while (like since the 2 year old was born). Wish you could have been there mello, I think I have some pix of mario & you from the town meeting.

I'm ashamed of some of you for corrupting your cute young children (and cute young girlfriends!) with this shameful lifestyle. OK, OK, I know that I did (and will probably do again) the same thing, but I was hoping that you would learn from my mistakes. But since you didn't ...... what time does cocktail hour start in Cleveland?

SID

Right away! :D
And don't be so sure who is the corruptor and the corruptee....... :laugh: