PDA

View Full Version : Gonna need some schooling...

dando
03-20-13, 07:45 PM
Decided that the Easter Bunny is bringing a couple of iPod Touches for Easter (despite Elmo liking them :gomer:). :D I'll need a few pointers on iTunes, etc. I'm not anti-Apple, but I don't like the walled gardens. :)

-Kevin

Elmo T
03-20-13, 08:30 PM
New iTunes interface is fairly awful. :yuck:

KLang
03-20-13, 08:36 PM

I'm not a power user, turning the sidebar back on got me most of the way back to the previous version. It does the job for syncing and storing tunes and stuff.

dando
03-20-13, 08:42 PM

See why I blame you? :gomer: :D Got damn, I guess I will have to agree to the iTunes download on the MacBook Pro finally.

<Hobitt>Precious, my Precious...</Hobitt>

-Kevin

DagoFast
03-20-13, 08:44 PM
iTunes 11 isn't too bad, its just different.

Tip 1: Go to view and select "Show Status Bar" to get the information at the bottom of the screen (number of songs/albums) back.

Tip 2: If you miss the look of previous versions, go to view and select "Show Sidebar" to get the old look back.

Better tip: Ignore tip 2. Leave it alone and just click on an album or song and drag slightly to the right. Your playlists will appear. Drop the song or album in to the playlist(s) you want them in. Easy peasy.

I hit a free class at my local Apple store and in about 40 minutes, the kid in the blue shirt showed me some cool stuff. I came away liking it better than previous versions. They have free classes for iOS devices like iPods too. Take advantage if you can.

nrc
03-20-13, 11:05 PM
Decided that the Easter Bunny is bringing a couple of iPod Touches for Easter (despite Elmo liking them :gomer:). :D I'll need a few pointers on iTunes, etc. I'm not anti-Apple, but I don't like the walled gardens. :)

Got something against chocolate bunnies and jelly beans in a basket with some plastic grass? :gomer:

dando
03-21-13, 03:24 AM
Got something against chocolate bunnies and jelly beans in a basket with some plastic grass? :gomer:

Oh, I gots them, too. :p And yes, Easter grass is as bad as glitter. [/Elmo] :gomer: I'll be cleaning it up for the next 6 months. :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

dando
03-21-13, 06:11 AM
Hopefully this was a good choice for an alarm clock dock:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-ICFC05iPBLK-Clock-Radio-Black/dp/B003DZ9Z78/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363860582&sr=8-1&keywords=ipod+touch+alarm+clock

Just something simple for them to use as an alarm clock/charging station.

-Kevin

KLang
03-21-13, 07:01 AM
Watch out on buying accessories with power connectors. The latest i* devices use the Lightning connector.

dando
03-21-13, 07:21 AM
Watch out on buying accessories with power connectors. The latest i* devices use the Lightning connector.

Yeah, I saw some adapters listed as well. I should be OK since these are gen 4 Touches, and I checked the specs on the supported models.

-Kevin

dando
04-02-13, 08:53 AM
OK, I've been getting these things configged the past week. Reaching the top of the learning curve. I have the basics installed (meaning Angry Birds and assorted games :)). Any system utility suggestions that I need to know?

-Kevin

dando
04-02-13, 08:59 AM
Also, having a dilly of a time trying to get Facetime to work b/w the Touches and the MacBook. I've used Facetime before b/w Macs, but the Touches will ping the MacBook, I receive a notification and then an instant not available prompt. :confused:

-Kevin

WickerBill
04-02-13, 09:44 AM
You keep using b/w (three times today) -- is that somehow short for "between" now instead of black and white? I keep reading it "black and white" and it really screws with your sentences.

/old guy

cameraman
04-02-13, 10:35 AM
You keep using b/w (three times today) -- is that somehow short for "between" now instead of black and white? I keep reading it "black and white" and it really screws with your sentences.

/old guy

+1

G.
04-02-13, 10:55 AM

/old guy

BandWidth.

/geek

dando
04-02-13, 11:39 AM

/old guy

One word: Di$ney. :gomer: :D

In my work world I could use acronyms to form entire paragraphs. b/w == between. Being an Ansel Adams addict, black & white == b&w.

Now if you want to be schooled on the Di$ney acronyms I (and Elmo) use:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/acronyms.htm

:p

-Kevin

dando
04-02-13, 11:44 AM
BandWidth.

/geek

Less bits == better. I support dialup ISPs. In my world, speed kills. Less code is better. Research the Apollo missions and the number of lines of code they used for those missions. Then compare that to the MILLIONS of lines of code in Windoze. :saywhat: Here endeth the lesson. ;)

-Kevin

WickerBill
04-02-13, 03:32 PM
One word: Di$ney. :gomer: :D

I SAID TEN DAYS!!

nrc
04-02-13, 11:22 PM

/old guy

I figured if I couldn't understand it then it must not be important. Kids, lawn, off. :gomer:

WickerBill
04-03-13, 06:36 AM
I figured if I couldn't understand it then it must not be important. Kids, lawn, off. :gomer:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

dando
04-03-13, 07:24 AM

Dude just innocent fun being had. Jeebus. I wasn't going Mike Rice (http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9127047/rutgers-scarlet-knights-ad-reviewing-mike-rice-job-wake-video) on WB, yo. :) :saywhat:

-Kevin