PDA

View Full Version : Charger Mats

TRDfan
03-19-13, 10:40 AM
The plug-in charger port on my work-issued Galaxy II is not working well and I was thinking about alternative solutions. Has anyone had success with the charging mats?

Initial look at reviews is discouraging.

dando
03-19-13, 10:47 AM
The plug-in charger port on my work-issued Galaxy II is not working well and I was thinking about alternative solutions. Has anyone had success with the charging mats?

Initial look at reviews is discouraging.

I've seen mixed reviews on them. I have a GS2 as well. Love it. Time to upgrade to the GS4? ;) I was shocked they released a new version of the GS so soon, but I think it was done in response to the Apple lawsuit. Shot fired over the bow. :)

-Kevin

G.
03-19-13, 02:23 PM
I haven't looked lately, but I would buy a plug-in.

I believe that the current mats require a sleeve or adaptor, which connects to your battery port connector.

I don't think that there are many built-in rectifiers in phones yet, but again, I am not current with the technology. Some Windows 8 phones have something built-in, I think.

I also don't have empty horizontal surfaces in my house. :gomer:

If the problem is your phone connector, you might need a new phone (or external battery charger - take battery out, then plug into charger).

TRDfan
03-19-13, 04:58 PM
Went with the external battery charger. Seemed like the best alternative at this point. Thanks for the feedback.

dando
03-19-13, 05:21 PM
FWIW, I use docks @ home and work. Both have chargers in back for extra batteries. Bonus. No more roaming the likes of WDW and DL with an external battery charger attached to my phone.

-Kevin

nrc
03-19-13, 10:07 PM
Having enjoyed reliable wireless charging with our Palm Pre phones and Touchstone chargers for a couple of years it's one of the biggest things holding us back from a phone upgrade. That and the fact that I prefer WebOS. The trouble is unless I give up WebOS I'll be damned to use Bing Maps for all time. It's just not worth it.

So I've been scouring different options and I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, at the state of charging in the Android phone market. Half the phones don't have a charging dock, never mind a wireless charging option. Google just came out with a wireless charging option for the Nexus 4 but that's not available on Verizon.

The Google Nexus 4 has a wireless charging option but it's GSM so no Verizon.