PDA

View Full Version : If this thing is rocking....

dando
03-11-13, 08:27 PM
don't come a knockin'...

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Anza-Palm-Desert-Earthquake-196993061.html

:eek:

-Kevin

Gnam
03-11-13, 08:42 PM
Not to stoke any fears, but unseasonably nice days are referred to as 'earthquake weather'. Today it was in the 70's in NorCal.

dando
03-11-13, 08:47 PM
It was 70 yesterday, we got hit with heavy rain today and will struggle to reach 40 the rest of the week. Mother Nature has a sense of humor... ;)

(or maybe I should blame Monty Python) :D

-Kevin

TravelGal
03-12-13, 01:17 AM
Not to stoke any fears, but unseasonably nice days are referred to as 'earthquake weather'. Today it was in the 70's in NorCal.

I've been thinking the same thing most of the "winter." Expecting almost 80 degrees all week. It's been 19 years since Northridge and they come about every 20. I guess I'm glad there was that one out in the desert today. Didn't even know about it until Kiwifan wrote and asked if I was okay. That's the kind of earthquake I like.

dando
03-12-13, 03:08 AM
I've been thinking the same thing most of the "winter." Expecting almost 80 degrees all week. It's been 19 years since Northridge and they come about every 20. I guess I'm glad there was that one out in the desert today. Didn't even know about it until Kiwifan wrote and asked if I was okay. That's the kind of earthquake I like.

Ah good ol' Rusty. The one thing I missed during my SoCal visit was a rumbler. (might have knocked some sense into the Mrs.) :gomer: Out of 5-6 Cali trips, never felt the Earth move. :confused:

OK, this requires the obligatory.

hoHuxpa4h48

Insomnia does funky **** to your brain. Add to that watching my second fave Modern Marvels (Hot & Spicy). Trying to resist the urge to grab the Tabasco bottle, but I have to meet with my realtor tomorrow/this AM. Bad enough I had Skyline tonight. :gomer:

You should all feel sorry for the misery Elmo and Donkey Boy puts up with from me.

:p

[/blog]

-Kevin

dando
03-12-13, 04:11 AM
And I don't mean to make light of this. Humor is a defense mechanism. I remember Northridge, and spent hours updating the news for our ISP members on the MLK holiday in '94.

Be safe out there. Peace.

-Kevin