PDA

View Full Version : Austin Rolex

NismoZ
03-02-13, 09:36 PM
Great track, excellent race, popular win for Fogarty and Gurney. I hope the merged series can keep this kind of competition going. Corvette, Ford, BMW podium, victory in doubt until the final corners, good stuff. Strong GT field, but Corvette has to be more competitive in the new series...to be named this week, I hear. I'm keeping an open mind, hope things work out.:)

Trevor Longman
03-03-13, 04:24 AM
I really enjoyed that too. Good close racing from start to finish, unpredictable right until the end, and a car other than Ganassi in victory lane. Plus it's still enjoyable to see those awful Mazda diesels getting their asses handed to them in a class designed for the to race themselves. The only thing that ruined it for me a little bit was that ridiculous penalty on the Ferrari at the end. If they're going to get rid of minor contact like that all together, what are they going to put in their commercials? :confused:

opinionated ow
03-03-13, 08:39 AM
how slow was a prototurtle around the place?

nissan gtp
03-03-13, 10:20 AM
how slow was a prototurtle around the place?

DP best lap was 1:59.869 (in practice 4)

Vettel F1 pole time was 1:36.5

Rogue Leader
03-03-13, 01:08 PM
Its strange to watch those cars on a track that I've only seen F1 cars on, it made them seem REALLY slow.

Easy
03-05-13, 04:55 PM
Austin Rolex sounds like the name of fictional movie star.

Congrats to 'Alessandro Gurnnini' and the Blackhawk crew for breaking the winless streak.

The parts of the race I was able to watch were a good show. As long as they bump the hp and allow CF brakes in next year's unified series, the DPs could be pretty cool. It would kind of be a hybrid of ~2005 LMGT1 and LMP2. With a dozen or more cars that could make for interesting sports car racing. So long as you don't try to compare it to LMP1, but that is apples and oranges at this point.