PDA

View Full Version : Great Gentilozzi Anecdote at CART.com

pchall
06-26-03, 02:13 PM
As part of PG's 'worst car' story:

“We were racing at the Meadowlands and I was passing another guy on the pit straightaway,” he recalls. “I guess he didn’t see me, because he moved over and put me into the pit wall.

“It was a big crash. I broke my leg and my back and I was sitting there right in front of the pits in what was left of my car. Believe it or not, the first person to get to me was A.J. Foyt. He stuck his head in the cockpit and said, ’Man, that was the loudest crash I ever heard! Are you okay?’

“I said ‘No. I think I’m hurt.’

“The next guy to get there was Dr. Trammell. He asked me how I was doing. I looked down and saw that my foot was pointing one way and my leg the other and said, ’Not very well. I think my leg’s broken, my back hurts and I may have some brain damage.’

“Dr.Trammell looked at me and said, ’Why do you think you have brain damage?’

I told him, “Because I can see clearly out of one eye but my vision’s blurred in the other.’

“So Dr. Trammell starts rooting around in the bottom of the cockpit, picks up one of my eyeglass lenses and says ’I think I’ve found the problem!’”

We might need more owners like him.
:)

link to entire story (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=6361)

Turn7
06-26-03, 02:15 PM
http://www.cart.com/content/photos/2003/By400/20030626P_0005.jpg

Yo dawg!...I knows that whitebread aint tolt me to Shizzle NO Nizzle.

Word!

pchall
06-26-03, 02:17 PM
Hey, those look like gang signs! PG and WickerBill must come from the same 'hood.

racer2c
06-26-03, 02:21 PM
I wonder if he's bustin on PT. What race is he talking about?

pchall
06-26-03, 02:36 PM
CART -- thankfully -- stopped racing at the Meadowlands before PT arrived on the scene. Imagine how many PC chassis he could have trashed in a weekend in New Jersey!

Chaos
06-26-03, 02:47 PM
funny story :)

JoeBob
06-26-03, 02:48 PM
Hey... don't be dissin on the Meadowlands! Thats where I attended my first CART events. (yep... my dad and I were the two who went.)

I'll never forget being 13 years old, and having to walk through the parking lot as fast as I could to keep up with A.J. Foyt as he autographed my program - even though there was nobody else around.

Compare that to Alex Zanardi who was late getting to his car for practice (we didn't realize that the session was starting in less than a minute) and yet took the time not only to sign an autograph, but also to pose for a picture with my wife.