PDA

View Full Version : Back to work

Ed_Severson
02-15-13, 07:00 PM
Although it took much longer than I anticipated to reach an agreement, I have finally accepted an offer to go back to work in the IndyCar circus (not at KV).

You may now resume trolling me. :)

Dvdb
02-16-13, 01:55 AM
Let the "games" begin. Congrats Ed.

G.
02-16-13, 02:24 AM
That's gomerific!

:gomer:

Good luck, stay safe, and congrats! Don't drink the ethanol - I hear they put bennies in it.

TravelGal
02-16-13, 06:32 AM
This is good news indeed. For you. I mean, yeah, congratulations. I'm sure. Yeah. uh.

It's bizarre. We hate it. But it's the only game in town and it's what you love to do. Glad you're back onboard. :thumbup:

rosawendel
02-16-13, 09:00 AM
food on the table is food on the table.

cameraman
02-16-13, 06:36 PM
Being the one guy who got hired in extremely lean times looks pretty good on the resume. :thumbup:

Indy
02-16-13, 06:37 PM
Time for brewskis.

dando
02-16-13, 07:10 PM
That's great mews, Ed. Congrats!

-Kevin

pfc_m_drake
02-17-13, 07:25 PM
Wouldn't dream of trolling you.
Congratulations - and best of luck this season :)

Racing Truth
02-17-13, 08:49 PM
Good luck, Ed. Just tell me you didn't "go with the flow" and end up w/ Dragon.;)

Ed_Severson
02-17-13, 11:05 PM
Good luck, Ed. Just tell me you didn't "go with the flow" and end up w/ Dragon.;)

No sir. Between you and me (and the rest of the internet) that would have been my last option.

If any of you guys get hit in the head and decide to come to a race, please don't hesitate to come find me and say hi. I'll be working for RLL this season.

cameraman
02-18-13, 12:24 AM
There are three RLL cars? Rahal, Conway & Jakes?

Ed_Severson
02-18-13, 07:51 AM
Rahal and Jakes are full-time, Conway is Long Beach only as of right now with the possibility for a few more (non-oval) events.

JohnHKart
02-18-13, 09:47 PM
Congrats Ed. I'll be at Long beach on my bay 4/19. Will try to come by and say hi.

dando
02-18-13, 10:14 PM
No sir. Between you and me (and the rest of the internet) that would have been my last option.

If any of you guys get hit in the head and decide to come to a race, please don't hesitate to come find me and say hi. I'll be working for RLL this season.

Are you relocating to Cbus (or Hickyards)? I had a few contacts there years ago, but I think they all moved on. The one I used to talk to the most was Jim (can't remember his last name right now) who did carbon fiber work. Nice guy. Got us into the paddock @ M-O and MIS. By the time I made Cleveland RLL had switched sides and the race was dead two years later. Last I saw when I drove by the shop, the For Lease/Sale signs were gone.

-Kevin

Ed_Severson
02-18-13, 10:32 PM
Are you relocating to Cbus (or Hickyards)?

Nope. The ALMS program is run from the shop in Ohio, the IndyCar guys are in Brownsburg.

TravelGal
02-19-13, 04:14 AM

Dammit, you made me look up when it is. Don't know if I'm glad or sad that I'll be in Tampa with TravelMom that weekend. Would have liked to have met ya. :irked:

cameraman
02-19-13, 10:42 AM
You at Sebring today?

dando
02-19-13, 11:07 AM
From my Tweeter:

RLL Racing ‏@RLLracing
That @HondaRacing_HPD sounds good huh? We're planning to start at 9. (Adam -in the car- looks happy today). #INDYCAR http://yfrog.us/m9tcvneqnvnjiptqiuozonfvz …

-Kevin

Ed_Severson
02-19-13, 12:02 PM
You at Sebring today?

No. My deal came together a bit too late, so I'm not starting until everyone else comes back on Thursday.

Ed_Severson
10-29-13, 04:51 PM
Because one of my hobbies is digging up long-dormant threads on internet forums, I figured I'd pull this one out of ye olde mausoleum to inform everyone that for Halloween, RLL gave me a trick instead of a treat. My time here will be over on Thursday, at least in the short term. I hope to come back soon once the 2nd car program is sorted out, but until then, I'm a free agent.

Unfortunately at the beginning of the month I turned down an opportunity to work for CORE on the upcoming factory Porsche GT program. Kind of a moot point because with the wife and kids I'm not really in a position to pack up and move to South Carolina, but it sure sounds like an appealing option right about now!

SurfaceUnits
10-29-13, 04:56 PM
You wood miss Speedway, Indiana if you left, anyways.

Chief
10-29-13, 09:25 PM
I hear Dragon is hiring for Formula E. Indycarz, not so much.

TravelGal
10-30-13, 01:38 PM
Well that sucks. :( Fingers crossed for you.

pfc_m_drake
10-31-13, 04:43 AM
When I saw this thread resurrect I had a feeling it was going to contain a message like this :(
Sorry to hear - certainly hope things pan out for you soon.