PDA

View Full Version : Income tax stupidity

cameraman
02-14-13, 02:07 AM
So last year I filled out a w-4 at work and wrote in what I can only guess were random numbers, either that or I had a mini-stroke as I was filling out the form. So I dutifully ran the tax numbers tonight to figure out how much I owe and low and behold I am getting a ridiculous state & federal refund. Been over the numbers several times and looked at what I had calculated last year and finally figured out that the withholding was much higher than it should have been. Went back to my scan of the W-4 I handed in and there it was, a much larger number than I had calculated and I have no earthly clue where said number came from. I don't like giving the governments interest free short term loans but I suppose it is better than an unexpected massive tax bill...
:rolleyes:

Andrew Longman
02-14-13, 03:38 AM
Yes it is way better :flame:

Go stimulate the economy. :D

gjc2
02-14-13, 06:20 AM
I know people who intentionally have more money than necessary withheld as a type of a forced savings program. But, I agree with you about it being an interest free loan to the government.

Tifosi24
02-14-13, 08:16 AM
Don't be too upset, interest rates have been so low lately that you didn't give the man much free money.

Indy
02-14-13, 09:05 AM
If I were you I would donate it to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum. :gomer:

Indy
02-14-13, 09:07 AM
Or spend it on boozles and wimmens.

Yeah, probably that. :D

cameraman
02-14-13, 11:47 AM
Don't be too upset, interest rates have been so low lately that you didn't give the man much free money.

Yeah, my checking account earned 57 cents in interest last year:rolleyes:

It worked out to equal over six weeks salary and goes a ways to explaining why I have been feeling so broke lately:saywhat: