PDA

View Full Version : The Faithful

Napoleon
01-14-03, 08:46 AM
Its just amazing how niave the Lemmings have been all these years.

http://66.223.17.243/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=023326

rabbit
01-14-03, 10:23 AM
So how long before there is a split in the IRL and a new series is formed to "provide opportunities for young American drivers?":gomer:

mnkywrch
01-14-03, 10:31 AM
There already is a sanctioning body for guys who insist on driving front-engined tubed frame cars.

It's called NASCAR.

DaveL
01-14-03, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by mnkywrch
There already is a sanctioning body for guys who insist on driving front-engined tubed frame cars.

Buddy Lazier never raced a lap in such a car. He came from AIS which is an amatuer club series that races old Champ cars on short tracks and road courses.

He's another driver who the Lemmings claim "never got a fair chance" in CART, without ever telling us exactly what he had accomplished to actually merit such a chance. He was able to get to Indy because his dad, who essentially owns Vail, Colorado wrote checks for him making him nothing more than a rich boy ride buyer who got a seat at the expense of someone more accomplished and deserving.

The fact that he can't get sponsorship to fund a whole season despite being an Indy champ* and IRL champ tell you all you need to know about what Lord Sagamore has done to the race he said he was trying to preserve and his series.

Napoleon
01-14-03, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by DaveL
He was able to get to Indy because his dad, who essentially owns Vail, Colorado

Come on, he just owns a little old lodge in the woods.

http://www.tivolilodge.com/

mnkywrch
01-14-03, 11:34 AM
Buddy Lazier never raced a lap in such a car. He came from AIS which is an amatuer club series that races old Champ cars on short tracks and road courses.

He's another driver who the Lemmings claim "never got a fair chance" in CART, without ever telling us exactly what he had accomplished to actually merit such a chance. He was able to get to Indy because his dad, who essentially owns Vail, Colorado wrote checks for him making him nothing more than a rich boy ride buyer who got a seat at the expense of someone more accomplished and deserving.

The fact that he can't get sponsorship to fund a whole season despite being an Indy champ* and IRL champ tell you all you need to know about what Lord Sagamore has done to the race he said he was trying to preserve and his series.

I was replying to the post above mine.

Why don't you go post this on TF rather than stalk me about it?

It's getting rather old - especially since you know my stance on the issues.

cart7
01-14-03, 11:54 AM
I posted this on page 3 as well as a couple other threads pertaining to the same type of thing.

Here's my answer.
T & H--Mr. George, we've decided that your series is the one we're interested in running. We'd like to be a part of your growth and feel the name T or H could be an intregal part of that. On top of that we've got a few CArt teams itchin to get into your league and back at Indy. How about it. Can we make a deal.

TG- Okay fellow's. I see you're seeing things my way, but I've got a problem with the teams you want to bring on board. It seems, these guys who previously dissed my series are suddenly out of funding to remain in the formerly lucrative Cart series. This is a series they have all professed to love till they're dying days. Now you're gonna support these teams who can't get enough sponsorship to remain solvent in they're league and bring them into mine. Meanwhile, I've got a few very loyal teams who have stood by me since day 1 who are coming up a few bucks shy of a full season ride. I see your enthusism for my league and I'll agree to take you on board if you agree to help out some of my teams and provide them the oppurtunity you're providing these former Cart teams. So how about T & H??

Remember, things won't be like they used to be cause TG's in charge.

This answer kinda twists things up a little. Is Tony a jerk for not helping out loyal IRL teams or a visionary for selling out the the latest highest bidder(T & H in this case).

;)

mnkywrch
01-14-03, 12:03 PM
You're giving TG too much credit.

mapguy
01-14-03, 12:11 PM

As the Fonz would say "Exactamundo". Case in point. Long Beach 1991. First Champcar race for Paul Tracy. Buddy Lazier is in his second season of Champcars. Both were driving old Lola Cosworth DFS's. PT put his old car 14th on the grid. Hauled it up to 5th and was giving Rick Mears (in a new Penske-Chebbie) a big fight for fourth before his water line broke. Buddy qualified dead last behind such hotshots as Dennis Vitolo, Guido Dacco, Bernard Jourdain and 'King Hiro.

Having crap equipment is no excuse. It's what you do with it. PT put his old car where it had no right being and got his shot with Penske. Buddy wanked it at the back in the same equipment. End of story.

cart7
01-14-03, 12:34 PM
originally posted by mnkywrch

You're giving TG too much credit.

No. I don't. That posted thought is what could have happened if TG was for real and truely interested in the vision. IMO, he doesn't give a s**t about AJ, Hemelgarn, Cheever, S.Schmidt, or any other IRL mouthpiece from the last nearly 7 years now who bought into his league.

mnkywrch
01-14-03, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by cart7
No. I don't. That posted thought is what could have happened if TG was for real and truely interested in the vision. IMO, he doesn't give a s**t about AJ, Hemelgarn, Cheever, S.Schmidt, or any other IRL mouthpiece from the last nearly 7 years now who bought into his league.

He is truly interested in his vision. His vision is he running open wheel racing in America.

The teams who've supported him don't factor in as part of that.

Classic Apex
01-14-03, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Napoleon

http://66.223.17.243/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=023326

Morons.

'Nuff said.

:rolleyes:

(and then they actually start to defend the IRL for everything they hated CART for...take deep breath...avoid rant...not worth it)

pchall
01-17-03, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
So how long before there is a split in the IRL and a new series is formed to "provide opportunities for young American drivers?":gomer:

I already suggested something along these lines at TF a few weeks ago. I'm banned.