PDA

View Full Version : I think I just smartphoned my way into a repetitive motion injury

KaBoom21
01-15-13, 02:50 PM
I'm on the thing ALL the time. Nothing smart about that.

At least I'm no longer worried that the numbness in my forearm/wrist are warning signs of a stroke. Might have to put off the golf clubfitting I have scheduled in 3 weeks. :cry:

Signing off...

TravelGal
01-15-13, 03:03 PM
There's no doubt that hand/wrist orthopods are going to make a mint in the coming years. Be careful KB. I did this to myself many moons ago with regular ole typing and it's been a hindrance ever since then.

WickerBill
01-15-13, 04:45 PM
Which smartphone? Interested to know if you have been using a tactile or touch keyboard.

Ed_Severson
01-15-13, 05:02 PM
... Might have to put off ... golf ...

I recognize all of the words you used there, but I don't understand what you said.

Put off golf? NEVAR!

dando
01-15-13, 05:11 PM
An EVP that took over our division years ago once commented during a company tailgate party that mobile pr0n was the wave of the future. :saywhat: Queue sexting, Bret Favre, etc. :irked:

-Kevin

KaBoom21
01-15-13, 05:58 PM
Which smartphone? Interested to know if you have been using a tactile or touch keyboard.

Motorola Droid X.

Mostly web-browsing. eBay, message boards, online content. I think it's the swiping-with-my-finger motion that did me in.

Played contact sports for years, inline skating (ghey, i know), skiing, motorcycling, drumming, golf - never a wrist problem. Taken out of commission by a stupid handheld device.

Let it be a lesson for the kids out there. Like they'll listen... ;)

chop456
01-16-13, 02:49 AM
There's no doubt that hand/wrist orthopods are going to make a mint in the coming years.

Yep. I see this, hearing (iPod headphones), and tattoo removal being hugely profitable. :thumbup:

Andrew Longman
01-16-13, 03:33 AM
Yep. I see this, hearing (iPod headphones), and tattoo removal being hugely profitable. :thumbup:Tattoos. Definitely tattoos. And knee replacement, especially among women athletes (who tend to have more ligament injuries than men) and former extreme sport participants who rode a skateboard down one too many railings.

And I think we will being diagnosing way more concussions, especially long term effects. I am horrified to realize I have had at least 15 concussions playing football and never told a coach or my folks or saw a doctor. That averages one every two years from age 11-40. I think people just figured I was sort stupid and would sleep a lot :gomer: