PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth hell

dando
01-11-13, 12:54 PM
Anyone here have Bluetooth savvy? I finally made the jump to adopt a 'new' technology. New for me because I usually wait for the next gen or two before I jump onboard. I'm neither ahead of the curve or on the bleeding edge...I like to watch others surfer first. :) Anyway, when I got the Fusion, it has Sync and full blown Bluetooth, which has worked well with a few quirks here and there. So I then bought a Bluetooth receiver for the family room AV stack and whole house audio (we have six rooms with built in speakers in the ceiling and two sets outside). After working through some issues with the Harman Kardon receivers, I mostly have it working through the MacBook and phone. Tho it does tend to 'fall asleep' occasionally. I also bought Bluetooth headphones for use in the yard, etc. Everything has paired up nicely with the phone (the headphones were a bit of a PITA). Last night I started working on setting up the Mac to connect to the BT receiver, which proved to be problematic. I finally got it to pair up, but I'm running into occasional connection issues (it shows paired, but another window shows not connected). However, I cannot for the life of me get the headphones (Motorola S10-HD) to pair with the MacBook. Anyone out there with any tips and tricks for BT? Overall it's slick as snot, but it's not quite as plug-n-play as I would like.

-Kevin

Don Quixote
01-11-13, 02:44 PM
For 10 points name the character and show.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090525023324/24/images/9/9e/GraemS5.jpg

dando
01-11-13, 03:22 PM
You've been visiting the local hemp palaces, right? :gomer:

-Kevin

Dvdb
01-11-13, 08:28 PM
To answer the hijack, Graem Bauer on 24

cameraman
01-11-13, 09:47 PM
Perhaps this:

...On page 7 of the S10-HD manual, you'll see a note saying, "To pair your headphones again, press and hold the "0" (power) key until the status light becomes steadily lit in blue". This proved to be the key to getting the S10-HD to work with the iPad 2. The S10-HD needs to be "off", then you'll have to press and hold for around 7 to 10 seconds.

Furthermore, it appears (from my own testing; your results may differ) that the S10-HD can only be paired to one device at a time. That may sound obvious, but what it means is that you'll first have to turn off Bluetooth on the paired device with which the S10-HD is currently connected, then connect it to the other device with which it is already paired. (Kind of a pain, but I can live with it.)

Don Quixote
01-12-13, 10:18 AM
To answer the hijack, Graem Bauer on 24Not a hijack, his nickname was "bluetooth" in our house. :p

dando
01-25-13, 08:27 PM
Yes, I basically had to reboot the headphones by holding down the 0 button (why they call it that and not the power button, one can only wonder) and the + button (volume up). Once I did the reset, it's paired with my phone, but won't pair with the MacBook. Insane. Completely stupid that I have to bsically do a three-finger salute to reset the device and pair with another device. Meanwhile my Sammy GS2 phone pairs with no problem to Sync in the car and the Belkin bluetooth receiver I bought for the AV stack. One wonders if any one that designs these products actually use them. :saywhat: That and the buttons on the headset are virtually impossible to read. :irked:

</old man mode>

;)

-Kevin