PDA

View Full Version : Peace, love and happiness to all for '13

dando
01-01-13, 02:40 AM
3ZXdvN3orA

Be thankful for what you have and pay it forward. :)

-Kevin

cameraman
01-01-13, 04:16 AM
3ZXdvN3orA

-Kevin

This video does not exist....

Andrew Longman
01-01-13, 10:09 AM
I got this, tardP7txCdLCP9U:D

Napoleon
01-01-13, 12:00 PM
Jesus Andrew, if you want a good host and not Fallon you need this host with his guest playing that song. Speaking of the guest, is it possible for whoever it is that is singing that song on Fallon's show to sing it any slower? ;)

1XYFJUP84lE

dando
01-01-13, 01:25 PM
This video does not exist....

Odd. I used the same syntax for a Youtube linky, and even compared it to Nappy's link. :confused:

-Kevin

cameraman
01-01-13, 01:29 PM
Odd. I used the same syntax for a Youtube linky, and even compared it to Nappy's link. :confused:

-Kevin

You are missing one letter, that name is too short.

TravelGal
01-01-13, 02:46 PM
Jesus Andrew, if you want a good host and not Fallon you need this host with his guest playing that song. Speaking of the guest, is it possible for whoever it is that is singing that song on Fallon's show to sing it any slower? ;)

-Kevin

You are missing one letter, that name is too short.

So much for peace, love, and happiness. :rofl::rofl:

OK, just kidding, as usual. I, too, wish everyone some measure of peace, a lot of love, and as much happiness as humanly possible for a brilliant 2013. And if you want to watch something to lift your spirits to start the year, find a Youtube of the Sydney fireworks. Bonza!

cameraman
01-01-13, 03:10 PM
Were you looking for this?

-3ZXdvN3orA

You had (youtube)3ZXdvN3orA(/youtube)

I guessed

You had (youtube)-3ZXdvN3orA(/youtube)

dando
01-01-13, 03:16 PM
Were you looking for this?

Nope. The clip I pulled from a Letterman show appearance. I copied and pasted the video ID several times. :shrug:

In any case the intent is there. I wish everyone here peace and love in '13.

(looks @ 3" satchel of divorce papers and correspondence) :(

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
01-01-13, 03:29 PM
Jesus Andrew, if you want a good host and not Fallon you need this host with his guest playing that song.I love both versions but Nick Lowe wrote the song long before Elvis had his hit with it and Nick's version just felt more appropriate early this morning. BTW Elvis' version is a deliberately in your face version of what was Nicks' already a fairly well known (in the UK) version.

Maybe you will like this better http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/211038/november-23-2008/a-colbert-christmas--peace--love-and-understanding

Andrew Longman
01-01-13, 04:01 PM
I, too, wish everyone some measure of peace, a lot of love, and as much happiness as humanly possible for a brilliant 2013.ditto

I started my year at 6:30 am today at a small gathering of like minded/motivated friends.

One of them shared a suggestion he was following. Life is a bit like camping. Most people go out with the best of intentions to have a happy and good time, but if you go out with only a lawn chair and a sleeping bag don't be surprised if you find yourself wet, hungry and cold.

Approach the year with the intent to make it a fantastic year but joyfully put in the thinking, planning and work to make it happen.

Peace.

Insomniac
01-01-13, 07:16 PM
My 2013 is a bummer already. Had the LOTR Trilogy Extended Editions recorded off Encore on my DVR. Two hours into TTT and it just goes black screen. First 1.5 hours of RotK is black screen. Thanks Encore/DirecTV!

Need more positive energy from the OC crew. :D

Happy New Year!

dando
01-01-13, 08:26 PM
My 2013 is a bummer already. Had the LOTR Trilogy Extended Editions recorded off Encore on my DVR. Two hours into TTT and it just goes black screen. First 1.5 hours of RotK is black screen. Thanks Encore/DirecTV!

Need more positive energy from the OC crew. :D

Happy New Year!

I run into that every once in a blue moon with our Tivos and the switched video adapter that is 'required'. :saywhat: Every so often, channels just get dropped. :mad: We just had that problem recently where I could see The Hub on my Tivo, but not upstairs on the wife's Tivo.

-Kevin

Insomniac
01-02-13, 12:21 AM
I run into that every once in a blue moon with our Tivos and the switched video adapter that is 'required'. :saywhat: Every so often, channels just get dropped. :mad: We just had that problem recently where I could see The Hub on my Tivo, but not upstairs on the wife's Tivo.

-Kevin

I was playing it back using Whole Home DVR. I played it on the "native" DVR and a message showed up saying I was not authorized to view that channel. So they aired back-to-back-to-back and for a 3.5 hour window right in the middle I wasn't authorized to view those channels. :confused:

</hijack>

MUOnJtD1H4U

Dvdb
01-02-13, 12:36 AM
Waaa, my DVR didn't record. Perhaps a little perspecive. If that is the worst thing to happen to you this year, you're doing damn well.

But, yes, Peace, Love and Happiness to you all

Gnam
01-02-13, 02:16 AM
Okay...January 2nd...back to business as usual. ;)

rHsUYF5VfQ0

Napoleon
01-02-13, 07:26 AM
I love both versions but Nick Lowe wrote the song long before Elvis had his hit with it . . . .

I knew that, but I personally consider Elvis' version vastly superior. In fact if I had a to make a list of the 10 best (or maybe most representative) rock songs of all time Elvis' version would be on it. Lowe really could have used up tempoing many of his songs (I kind of recall Chop and I had a conversation here a few years ago on this subject).

Insomniac
01-02-13, 01:15 PM
Waaa, my DVR didn't record. Perhaps a little perspecive. If that is the worst thing to happen to you this year, you're doing damn well.

But, yes, Peace, Love and Happiness to you all

My DVR did record. :p

Anteater
01-08-13, 09:28 PM

-Kevin

Hear, hear! :)