PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 question

cameraman
12-29-12, 07:59 PM
There are some occasions when I find myself using Windows 7, like when I want Lego Mindstorms to actually work, and Windows 7 has a "feature" that I personally consider a blight upon humanity and I was wondering if any of you know to turn it off. I often have many program windows open and I'll move them about so that I can see the information I need in several windows at the same time. Coming from a Mac environment I'll just grab a window and flick it to the top of the screen without really thinking about it. Do that on Windows 7 and whatever window that is immediately goes full screen if the mouse has touched the top of the screen during that movement.

I hate that. I really, really hate that.

Is there any way to turn that feature off? I want to be able to bash windows/mouse pointer against the top of the screen with reckless abandon like I can on my Mac...

KLang
12-29-12, 09:00 PM
Windows 7 Aero Snap. This might help. (http://lifehacker.com/5799457/disable-windows-7s-aero-snap-from-the-control-panel)

cameraman
12-29-12, 10:00 PM
YES!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

nrc
12-29-12, 10:45 PM
I hate that as well. Every "nice" feature that Microsoft comes up with seems designed to generate rage from me.

WickerBill
12-30-12, 08:23 AM
I hate that as well. Every "nice" feature that Microsoft comes up with seems designed to generate rage from me.

...and about 500mb of bloat per "feature", too.

Elmo T
12-30-12, 09:42 PM

3/4 of my battles with this new laptop are about Windows 8. :yuck:

cameraman
12-30-12, 11:27 PM
Well I got this Macintosh partitioned and Windows 7 installed (133 updates:saywhat:) and then Parallels 8 installed over the top and bluetooth active in the shared environment so now the Carnegie-Mellon Windows-only Lego NXT Robotic Engineering program is now usable.

That'll teach Dad to read the system requirements:rolleyes:

TRDfan
12-30-12, 11:36 PM
My boys have the NXT program installed on two Windows 7 systems - holler if you need any help.

cameraman
01-07-13, 08:39 PM
I hate it when this happens....

:flame::flame::flame:

The LEGO Mindstorms EV3 set uses the new EV3 Intelligent Brick, which serves as the brain of the system. Like previous Intelligent Bricks, the EV3 brick can be programmed to perform in various ways, reacting to stimuli from sensors and activating servos to make the robot built with the set move. The EV3 Intelligent Brick has a faster processor and more memory, and has more flexibility for programming the brick directly and has more support for mobile devices. It uses a new Linux-based firmware and has a USB port and SD card slot to accept programming, and is compatible with iOS and Android devices out of the box.

CES 2013 BugThe Mindstorms EV3 set also has a new infrared sensor that lets users control and guide the robot using an infrared beacon. The set will include plans for 17 different robots, including a "Spiker" robot that searches for infrared "bugs," a "Reptar" robot that acts like a snake, and an "Everstorm" robot that shoots balls while walking on two legs. A mission pad in the set lets users program obstacle courses and other objectives with their robot.

Looks cool and I have until summer to save up for it:rolleyes: