PDA

View Full Version : It is blizzarding outside

WickerBill
12-26-12, 08:51 AM
Expecting 8-12 inches of snow in Indianapolis by 7pm, with wind 35-40 mph.

Making up for the super light winter we had last year, I suppose. Here's hoping everyone in this area keeps power!

dando
12-26-12, 09:49 AM
Yeah, snowmadeggon has started here as well. Half $ size flakes falling here now. Winds haven't quite picked up yet, but 40mph gusts are expected. Blizzard warning one county to the west and one county to the north of us. No idea how they forecast this crap, but they have 10-15" in the forecast to the west and east of us, but only 6-9" for Franklin county. Keep in mind there was NO snow in the forecast for today over the weekend. :saywhat: Only job I know that has a requirement for incompetence (other than IndyCar mamangement). :tony: :shakehead

-Kevin

WickerBill
12-26-12, 10:04 AM
Not pictured, but it is now "thundersnowing" here. Huge thunderbooms with huge flakes.

http://i.imgur.com/wi8Fml.jpg

I realize those from Buffalo are laughing at us... but we ain't used to this!

dando
12-26-12, 10:12 AM

Especially since we had NOTHING in the way of a major snow storm last winter.

-Kevin

dando
12-26-12, 11:32 AM
Currently sleeting, snowing and whatever else. Made a quickie run to the store for supplies since my mom and step-dad are now stuck here for another day. Whatever it's doing stings going to and from the car. :saywhat: On a good note, the Fusion drives well in this crap. Had a mini van pass me in the center lane on a four-lane road that is now two lanes. Ended up @ a red light, which turned green when I arrived a minute later. Morons... :irked:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
12-26-12, 12:20 PM

I never laugh because Winter Karma is a nasty, nasty lady.

Buffalo is supposed to get 8-16" depending on what television station's weather you listen to. This will be our first bad storm since early last winter.

Al Czervik
12-26-12, 12:26 PM
The medians and ditches will be filled w/ morons who do not realize that 4wd / awd A) does not work on ice and B) does not help you slow down.

cameraman
12-26-12, 12:58 PM
It's sort of snowing, no wind just snow. We probably won't get more than a foot but it will take 48 hours to do it. Really gums up traffic because 1. people in Utah can't drive on a clear sunny day and 2. The roads are never clear as it is continually slowly snowing. It is supposed to stop by Friday.

We don't do blizzard in Salt Lake, just snow.

nrc
12-26-12, 03:51 PM
I don't mind snow but this is the kind of wet snow that makes it a real pain to shovel the driveway. Great for snowball fights though.

cameraman
12-26-12, 04:41 PM
This stuff today is ski resort powder. The guy across the street just cleared his driveway with a leaf blower.:laugh:

Don Quixote
12-26-12, 05:36 PM
This stuff today is ski resort powder. The guy across the street just cleared his driveway with a leaf blower.:laugh:Same here. Four inches of champagne powder that took 5 minutes to clear from the sidewalk and driveway. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas ......

dando
12-26-12, 05:49 PM
Same here. Four inches of champagne powder that took 5 minutes to clear from the sidewalk and driveway. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas ......

Did you peeps make cocaine legal, too? :p ;)

-Kevin

Napoleon
12-26-12, 05:52 PM
Huge thunderbooms . . .

You sure that is not just one of your neighbors firing up her stove?

Currently piling up here in Cleveburg.

dando
12-26-12, 05:55 PM

Microwave on a timer.... :saywhat:

-Kevin

WickerBill
12-26-12, 06:23 PM

Currently piling up here in Cleveburg.

Woooowwwww.

It seems all done but the drifting. My front yard tally is nine inches; the back of the house has a sweet 3.5 foot drift across most of it.

cameraman
12-26-12, 06:38 PM
the back of the house has a sweet 3.5 foot drift across most of it.

That's why I like Salt Lake's two mph wind during most snow storms. The snow on the telephone line to the house is 4" high right now.