PDA

View Full Version : 12/21/12

dando
12-20-12, 02:32 PM
Z0GFRcFm-aY

:gomer:

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/12/19/school-districts-cancel-class-due-to-doomsday-talk-potential-threats/

SOUTHFIELD (WWJ)- Thousands of students will have an extra long holiday break after school administrators in at least two Michigan counties decided to cancel classes because of talk surrounding the shootings in Newtown, Connecticut and rumors connected to the Mayan calendar predicting the end of the world.

Five districts in Lapeer County and 20 districts in Genesee County posted announcements Wednesday evening cancelling classes Thursday and Friday.

“Given the recent events in Connecticut, there have been numerous rumors circulating in our district, and in neighboring districts, about potential threats of violence against students. Additionally, rumors connected to the Mayan calendar predicted end of the world on Friday have also surfaced,” a letter from Matt Wandrie, Superintendent of Lapeer Community Schools said.

:saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

cameraman
12-20-12, 03:05 PM
Yeah we're all going to be killed by the overwhelming tide of stupid that is sweeping the land.:saywhat:

Andrew Longman
12-20-12, 05:46 PM
Hard to blame them. I would not want to be the super who had even one kid killed on my watch. There is no up side for taking a reasonable risk.

TravelGal
12-20-12, 09:00 PM
Really does boggle the mind though. So far my favorite post has been something to the effect that if the Mayans could foretell the future, there would still be Mayans.... badda bing.

dando
12-21-12, 08:58 AM
lc4TnopiuzQ

:gomer:

-Kevin

Indy
12-21-12, 10:59 AM
I know someone who teaches there. The Superintindents say there were credible threats, too serious to risk.

Insomniac
12-21-12, 11:00 AM
Did they specify a time? We may not be safe yet!

Don Quixote
12-21-12, 11:17 AM
still here, still here, still here......

DagoFast
12-21-12, 01:42 PM
still here, still here, still here......

:laugh::thumbup: