PDA

View Full Version : Simple Audio

TRDfan
12-19-12, 04:35 PM
Wife and I have been thinking about buying a Bose Wave Music System (the 500 unit, plus addons) but the more I think about it, I wonder if there is a better choice.

She really likes the combo of radio, CD, and feeding a Bluetooth signal in to listen to iTunes, Pandora, or other internet feeds.

The key is keeping the system simple and compact, yet having the variety of sources. Visited AVSforum and it's obvious they aren't Bose fans, but didn't find any suitable alternative.

Suggestions?

(This is not a Christmas gift so timing isn't critical)

dando
12-19-12, 04:44 PM
I had a Nakamichi system that lasted for all of 6 mos. :saywhat: Might I suggest a trip to Brookstone, which tends to carry these kind of gadgets? Considering my advanced brain atrophy these days, Bose is really a solid all-in-one solution.

-Kevin

Elmo T
12-19-12, 04:54 PM
Bo$e $tuff always $ounds great. We have a Bose store in town and I never ceased to be amazed how their equipment sounds. Place is always busy too.

WickerBill
12-19-12, 10:44 PM
Sonos is something to check out for certain, although it isn't cheap and doesn't do CDs. So maybe not.

Insomniac
12-19-12, 11:45 PM
I think simple + radio + CDs makes Bose the best bet. Most simple now is bluetooth and web integration.