PDA

View Full Version : I just beat a racing superstar in a Kart race! ( Long)

JohnHKart
11-24-12, 09:02 PM
Every year just before Turkey night my local slick track puts on a charity kart race called the Ercse classic in memory of Fred Ercse, who died of a heart attack at the track in 1998. Fred was one of the regular wed night racers that show up every week. I knew Fred and raced with him, and so the event is huge for me . I posted five years ago,how I got my first win in qualify heat race during my first Ercse event. Ive since made the show three other times. Ive led the A main and had a top five. The event attracts up and coming drivers like Josh Wise, Brady Bacon, Bryan Clausson and Brad Sweet. Last year saw the first appearance of Kyle Larson, who I and many others think is on his way to being one of the greatest talents ever seen in the sport . So of course he ends up in my first heat on the outside of row one , I drew pole position . I think he passed me in two corners. I was on the trailer as I didn't get it done in the second last chance heat. So this year he's back ,only a row behind me, I start on pole again then get passed by another sprint car guy Ronnie Gardner, who proceeded to get into it with Kyle, leading to another driver getting the win. I always wear my Dale Earnhardt shirt during the Ercse as that was Fred's favorite driver. The start for then last heat is inverted and I draw the 3 car. I'm so confused so I forgot last is on the outside, and I end up starting behind the last row. Dumbass. What I hoped for in my first heat happens, all those 13 guys in front of me start racing each other, and I stay on the bottom . The car is one of those thats just hooking up and getting me off the corners. Within a couple of laps I've driven underneath all if them , including Kyle Larson and I'm gone! Its strange, I look behind me and im pulling away and nobody is there. It was very emotional to win and probably one of my greatest thrills. I just beat Kyle Larson... And by the way he won Turkey night and almost won the truck race last week. Unfortunately for the main I drew the same slow awful car I had during my first heat and I had no chance to do anything. I almost parked it. Three of us regular wed night racers made the A main. It's 4 out 5 times I've made the show , with 70 people vying for 14 slots including these young guns it's not easy. You must win your heat to transfer.