PDA

View Full Version : Baghdad Bob Captured?

chop456
06-25-03, 12:39 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/24by7panews/page.cfm?objectid=13107136&method=full&siteid=50143

Comical Ali" captured 01:45, Jun 25 2003

LONDON (Reuters) - The Daily Mirror says U.S. troops have arrested Iraq's information minister under Saddam Hussein, MohammedSaeed al-Sahaf, at a roadblocks in a Baghdad suburb.

There was no immediate reaction from Washington on Wednesday.

The ex-minister, dubbed "Comical Ali" for proclaiming the defeat of U.S. forces even as they moved into Baghdad, had been hiding out at arelative's house watching satellite TV, but was caught on Monday night, the paper said in a report from Baghdad.

"He has some serious talking to do...this time," a "senior coalition source" was quoted as saying. There was no independent confirmation ofthe story and no other sourcing.

Flanked by American military police, Mr. Al-Saheef was asked by reporters what he thought of his capture. He replied "The American dogs could not catch me any more than they could catch a cold. Their intelligence is no match for ours. If captured, I will toast the infidel's spleens with my Zippo. All they tell are lies. I have not been captured. As a matter of fact, I'm not even here right now". ;)

RaceChic
06-25-03, 07:07 AM
What is the IRL going to do now for their information that their ever so knowledgeable and loyal fans need to defend themselves against those CART SReTT RecE LooSErs.............. ;)