PDA

View Full Version : Take A 20 Min. Break For This One!

NismoZ
11-12-12, 05:37 PM
REAL sportscars! Ok, we all liked Can Am, IMSA GTPs, ALMS etc., etc...BUT I hope you can find the time to watch this entire race. I saw it in person, but I sure didn't see it like THIS! SO much to see: On-car view, not IN car. HD clarity...you can see the individual pebbles in the track surface! CLEAR sound, every shift, tires howling, even the exhaust note of the car in front. Drama! This video tells a story like few others I have seen! Raises a few questions, too. Can you DO that at the start?!:eek: (I was floored, especially after what happened at the same spot a few years ago. I thought a rule was passed? I know some here will be able to answer that one.) The thrill of victory AND the agony of defeat...BOTH in the same frame at the end. I'd like to hear comments on some of the MANY other things you may have noticed, especially from some of you who have raced, especially at Road America.

Just punch in a search for: Kirk Blaha-Group 8 The Hawk At Road America. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have...A BUNCH of times!:D

NismoZ
11-20-12, 05:05 PM
Ya bunch of lazy bums!:p

cameraman
11-20-12, 11:05 PM
wx4WIPj9fng

NismoZ
11-21-12, 09:46 AM
Yeah, then there's THAT!:thumbup::D

stroker
11-23-12, 07:19 PM
Not to threadjack, but you'd like this:

http://vimeo.com/49357431

Sorry if it's already been posted.

NismoZ
11-25-12, 07:14 PM
Fantastic! That (generator ad) captures the flavor of sportscar racing in 1958. That was the year my Dad took me to the inaugural event at Meadowdale and I was HOOKED! Chuck Daigh and Lance Reventlow dominated that event in those beautiful Scarabs and I went to every major race weekend there for the next 10 years. The whole family went on our first trip to Road America in 1962 due mainly to my MONTHS of begging. Jim Hall won the June Sprints that year in his Chaparral Mkl. I had never seen that film before and hearing the names of many drivers I was to become familiar with over the next few years brought a big smile to my face. Thanks! (The video/audio technology has improved more than the CARS since then!:))

NismoZ
11-27-12, 04:32 PM
AND...WOW, was that a beautiful Wisconsin race day or WHAT!? Better time spent than mowin' the lawn!:)