PDA

View Full Version : Abu Dhabi GP

TedN
11-03-12, 03:03 PM
This could be fun. Title challenger starting dead last.

Sebastian Vettel will have to start the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix from the back of the grid after failing to have enough fuel in his car to provide the mandatory sample to the FIA after qualifying.

Link (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104001)

Ted

stroker
11-03-12, 05:36 PM
Cool.

Rex Karz
11-03-12, 05:39 PM
That's one way to make sure that this continues until Brazil.

opinionated ow
11-03-12, 06:43 PM
In related news, the V8 Superbogans are the support category this weekend. They raced twice with nobody there watching at all (not even a camel). And then after each race they're doing the whole F1 podium complete with rotating flags and the Australian national anthem. It's so pathetic!

NismoZ
11-04-12, 10:00 AM
Ahhh, maybe they'll get more respect in Austin? Different animal, can't compare. Possibly a mistake to follow F-1 around but I still like the product. It ain't ow, OW, but for me it beats the high bank packs here any day. Verrry interesting F-1 going on now, however!:) How 'bout a 2.7 sec. stop for Alonso!?:eek:

opinionated ow
11-04-12, 10:03 AM
How much of a knob is Webber...

NismoZ
11-04-12, 10:03 AM
Good Lord, Webber's crew snaps off a 2.6!:thumbup:

NismoZ
11-04-12, 10:06 AM
Eh, Vettel probably made up that time by the next corner. Game on as they say...NOW!:D

B3RACER1a
11-04-12, 10:25 AM
Should have pitted Alonso as soon as the safety car came out. Enough gap between him and the car behind.

NismoZ
11-04-12, 10:59 AM
That one was fun! Remember my request for feedback on "Biggest Surprises" in the 1st half of the season? THIS is my pick for the 2nd half!:D Too bad Vettel couldn't have made up MORE than 21 positions. Dude must be slipping?:rofl: How do you Alonso haters rate HIS performance? The setup for Austin is CLASSIC. Hope everything goes off well!:thumbup:

NismoZ
11-04-12, 11:01 AM
Kimi, geez...am I the only one who thought he looked a little like Mickey Rooney up there, or Paul Tracy?:D

NismoZ
11-04-12, 11:19 AM
Yeoww! Kimi has a MOUTH on him! The bleeper-guy was a little slow a couple of times!:D

Rex Karz
11-04-12, 11:51 AM
That was entertaining.

opinionated ow
11-04-12, 11:55 AM
Kimi and Seb's swear words went live around the world :rofl:

WickerBill
11-04-12, 02:19 PM
Bob Varsha is horrible. Just today, he confused Kimi and Ricciardo somehow, said "Sebastian Alonso", and about 20 more gaffes. Never thought I'd say this, but where's Paul Page?

extramundane
11-04-12, 02:50 PM
Bob Varsha is horrible. Just today, he confused Kimi and Ricciardo somehow, said "Sebastian Alonso", and about 20 more gaffes. Never thought I'd say this, but where's Paul Page?

I think he's phoning it in- he seems off ever since the NBC deal. I'll still take him over that shrieking harpy Diffey any day.

WickerBill
11-04-12, 04:28 PM
Whoa, really? My favorite F1 weekend of the year is whichever one coincides with Barrett-Jackson.

SteveH
11-04-12, 04:33 PM
Can't stand Diffey either

gjc2
11-04-12, 05:25 PM

I probably older than the average OC member (I’ll be 62 in a few weeks)

I’ve lived through some really horrible TV coverage in the past decades.

I won’t complain about today’s state of affairs.

mapguy
11-04-12, 05:33 PM
Can't stand Diffey either

Who better to commentate on a bunch of fruity-cuppers driving faggy zig zag cars than some bloke named Leigh?

stroker
11-04-12, 05:40 PM
I'll take Varsha any day, but I admit he's been off his game the last few races.

Insomniac
11-04-12, 05:47 PM
I'll take Varsha any day, but I admit he's been off his game the last few races.

Kept saying Italy last week.

Insomniac
11-04-12, 05:51 PM
Should have pitted Alonso as soon as the safety car came out. Enough gap between him and the car behind.

I was thinking that too. I think he could've grabbed yellows and been out right where he was. (Same deal for Kimi.) But courtesy of Button, it didn't matter too much. It was a good race. I'm surprised Webber didn't get a penalty for an unsafe return to the track in the incident with Massa. Great drive for Vettel even before the SC help. We've seen guys start back there and still struggle to get through traffic. The Rosberg accident was crazy, Karthikeyan was pretty fortunate.

I don't think anything is stopping Vettel.

NismoZ
11-04-12, 07:28 PM
Saw Mario had tweeted Louis congrats after his great qualifying effort and asked if he had any 2nd thoughts about switching teams. Perhaps after his car just quit running Louis replied with a simple, "No"?:)

cameraman
11-04-12, 07:43 PM
Karthikeyan's steering hydraulics locked up which is why he hit the brakes, unfortunately for Rosberg.

Maldonado lost his KERS which is why he suddenly started dropping back.

Sebastian Vettel better hope the FCC doesn't come after him in Austin:laugh:

emjaya
11-04-12, 07:45 PM
"Leave me alone, I know what to do." :rofl:

WickerBill
11-04-12, 07:51 PM
Kimi was awesome on the radio all day...just kept it going on the podium.

racermike
11-05-12, 12:59 AM
Who better to commentate on a bunch of fruity-cuppers driving faggy zig zag cars than some bloke named Leigh?

and to top that, having to drink the fruity-fake bubbly.

racermike
11-05-12, 01:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/rb6ew.jpg

NismoZ
11-05-12, 05:06 AM
Yeah, Vettel should get at least a 10 spot grid penalty for starters. Probably take him about HALF as long to work his way up to a podium position, right?

stroker
11-05-12, 08:46 AM
If it was NASCAR, they'd have fined him for being a potty-mouth. :shakehead