PDA

View Full Version : Montoya banned from driving on French roads for 4 months...

devilmaster
06-24-03, 10:08 PM
From F1Live.com

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlines/news/detail/030625033414.shtml

Colombian Formula One driver Juan Pablo Montoya was banned from driving on French roads for four months on Tuesday after being clocked at 204 km/h (126 mph) on a French motorway.

The 27-year-old teammate of Ralf Schumacher at Williams, was also fined 1,200 euros by the court in Draguignan, southern France, after police clocked him speeding in May at the wheel of a BMW 4x4 vehicle near Frejus.

He is banned in France but can continue to drive in other countries and the ban does not affect his participation in Formula One races.

Montoya was not present in court but his lawyer read a letter in which he apologised for his actions.

Steve

Lizzerd
06-24-03, 10:18 PM
Hahahaha. He was in a 4x4?

I'm reminded of a conversation I had with my cousin a few years ago, like '93 or '94. I was contemplating buying an SUV, and since he was a test driver at Chrysler at the time, I called him to ask about the Jeep Cherokee. He said that they were okay in the rough stuff, and not bad on the highway. But they will get a bit twitchy up around 125MPH, so you have to be careful. I thanked him for his input.

oddlycalm
06-26-03, 12:21 PM
BMW put together a couple special X5's last year that lapped the Nurburgring as fast as an M3. Top speed was said to be in the 165mph range, and the car was capable of over 1g cornering. I'd not be very surprised to learn Montoya had one of these.

oc

nz_climber
06-26-03, 03:47 PM
Damm you guys beat me to it.... I thought I was about to post some cutting edge news but Im way too slow to keep up ..... :D