PDA

View Full Version : Indy Car are looking to race in Italy next year!

Agip27
10-23-12, 04:00 PM
How about that? They signed a tentative agreement. Monza, Imola. Mugello or Vallelunga are the possible track. My pic is Mugello; near Florence, Scarparia is a great little town, close to Bologna Int Airport and the track is 10 out of 10 awesome! Besides, the little restaurant/ cafeteria at the track has better food then 99% of all the Italian restaurants in the USA!:thumbup:

http://www.auto.it/res/aperture/as_43/22.jpg

TravelGal
10-23-12, 05:05 PM
How about that? They signed a tentative agreement. Monza, Imola. Mugello or Vallelunga are the possible track. My pic is Mugello; near Florence, Scarparia is a great little town, close to Bologna Int Airport and the track is 10 out of 10 awesome! Besides, the little restaurant/ cafeteria at the track has better food then 99% of all the Italian restaurants in the USA!:thumbup:

http://www.auto.it/res/aperture/as_43/22.jpg

I could go for that. The restaurant, that is.

Bologna is everyone's favorite city (once they've been there). If this is anything like all the rest of the news from Indianoplace, I'll get my plane ticket for 2017.

Gnam
10-23-12, 06:49 PM
Is it an oval? :p

devilmaster
10-23-12, 07:04 PM
monza has an oval... ;)

opinionated ow
10-24-12, 01:02 AM
Autodromo di Pergusa

devilmaster
10-24-12, 01:20 AM
Autodromo di Pergusa

from wiki:
The dust and the abrasive nature of the [Pergusa] track tended to make the surface very slippery. The Formula 3000 races in particular were also known for very poor standards of organization and marshaling.

opinionated ow
10-24-12, 04:35 AM
from wiki:

Hence why I suggested that. And I thought the Indiana mafia might as well meet the real one...

Agip27
10-24-12, 02:44 PM
Mugello makes the most sense. I was there in 2008 and they were building a train stop right in front of the track; should be finished by now. Which means, you wont need to rent a car to get to the track and deal with traffic! :thumbup:

TrueBrit
10-25-12, 04:44 PM
monza has an oval... ;)

If they raced on that even I would go and watch it...

devilmaster
10-25-12, 05:31 PM
If they raced on that even I would go and watch it...

Planes at 10000 feet above the track wouldn't even be safe....

mapguy
10-25-12, 10:48 PM
http://www.autoedizione.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Nardo.jpg

Nardo. :thumbup:

chop456
10-26-12, 02:08 AM
Almost looks like a particle accelerator. Impossible, of course, since we know that science has been outlawed in Italy.

Indy
10-26-12, 08:28 AM
Here is my fantasy. Tony George buys Indy Car. They race at Mugello. One of the cars runs over a squirrel. Tony is prosecuted, convicted of murder, and thrown into a dungeon under the Vatican, where he is considered "fresh meat" by the sexually starved local clergy. :tony:

NismoZ
10-26-12, 03:40 PM
Wait a minute. It SHOULD be Monza. The Race Of Two Worlds! AJ could be the honorary starter. Stirling Moss could do a lap in the Eldorado Ice Cream wagon! Don't even pick the weeds out of the cracks in the banking. It'll keep the speeds down. HEAT RACES! This could be be BIG! Too bad Jim Rathmann will miss this:( Antonio Georgio :tony: has something here and it's effing GOLDEN!

Chief
10-27-12, 09:25 AM
These guys are so good they could run an oval in AM and a road course doubleheader in PM! Give them Eyetalians something for their lira. :p

emjaya
10-27-12, 08:27 PM
On the ITV F1 broadcast last night, Martin Brundle was quoting Bernie as saying there was to be less Euro GP's. Five was the number mentioned, I think.

There is a huge fan base there, Tony league could well find a market and fill the gap. Badly, no doubt, but fill it none the less.

Rex Karz
10-27-12, 10:29 PM
On the ITV F1 broadcast last night, Martin Brundle was quoting Bernie as saying there was to be less Euro GP's. Five was the number mentioned, I think.

In:
Italy: Ferrari.
Monaco: If Monaco goes, there will be no more F1.
Britain: Think Silverstone has a long-term contract.
Germany: Lots of German drivers and Mercedes-Benz.
Spain: Maybe gets replaced/alternates with Belgium (classic course vs. Fred's home country).

Out:
Hungary: If the magic number is 5, they're no. 6.
France: Renault must not mean a whole lot to Uncle Bernie. And F1 hasn't been in France for a couple of years now.

Indy
10-27-12, 10:42 PM
**** Bernie.

Gnam
10-28-12, 01:40 AM
I have every confidence that Indycar could duplicate its great success in Europe. :gomer:

There is a huge fan base there, Tony league could well find a market and fill the gap. Badly, no doubt, but fill it none the less.

Where have I heard that before...?
oh yeah.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2042/champlogo07.jpg

Is Playboy going to sponsor a car now?

emjaya
10-28-12, 09:59 AM
I have every confidence that Indycar could duplicate its great success in Europe. :gomer:

Where have I heard that before...?
oh yeah.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2042/champlogo07.jpg

Is Playboy going to sponsor a car now?

ChampCar at it's death managed to get 100,000 people to buy tickets to races at two crappy tracks no more than 250 miles apart and on consecutive weekends. :\