PDA

View Full Version : When you don't post?

mello
06-24-03, 09:13 PM
Do you ever really really disagree with someone on the forums but you don't post what you think just because you know them and don't want to start crap? Man I find myself alot of times not being me cause I like the person that posted but totally do not agreee with what She/he said. (Racegrll you don't have to answer we know what you think LOL and no it was not you;) )

Lizzerd
06-24-03, 09:38 PM
Disagreeing with someone is pretty much black and white whether you know them or not, but there are any number of ways to express your disagreement. If you are friends with someone you disagree with, I don't think the person would be offended if you said so publicly because in the end, you will most likely remain friends. Haven't you ever had an "arguement" with a friend?

I've disagreed with opinions here and elsewhere and, on occasion, have posted my differing opinion. Whether I knew the person or not made no difference. As long as you don't insult or ridicule or call somebody ignorant because of their post count (quite unlike the too common occurance on a certain digit gear dot com website), I say to say what you want to say. That's why we are here, right?

rabbit
06-25-03, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Lizzerd
That's why we are here, right? No it's not, you idiot!! I disagree completely! :flame: ;) :)

devilmaster
06-25-03, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by rabbit
No it's not, you idiot!! I disagree completely! :flame: ;) :)

Hey! :mad: Did you clear your response through Andy Hall first?

;)
Steve

Cam
06-25-03, 12:43 AM
Yes!!!! And I disagree with the post!!:gomer:

Lizzerd
06-25-03, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by rabbit
No it's not, you idiot!! I disagree completely! :flame: ;) :)

Fine! :flame: Go back to certain digit gear dot com then. :flame:

Oh, wait... Never mind...

:)

DjDrOmusic
06-25-03, 02:11 AM
OK NOW what did I do????:saywhat: :laugh: ;)

cart7
06-25-03, 05:32 AM
OK, who flamed Carpentier? :D

mello
06-25-03, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by cart7
OK, who flamed Carpentier? :D

:rofl:

RaceChic
06-25-03, 11:23 AM
There are many different relationships here. The thing I like about this site is that many of us know each other to see each other and a fair bit of us hang together at races. Those are the people I couldn't care less if they disagree with me. I know it isn't personal and there is no point in having a forum without it. It shouldn't change your relationship with those people personally. :)

Then there are those who you don't know either through chat or socially. If I was ever to meet them in person and thought they were goofy on the forums, it would have no bearing on what I think of them if they started coming into chat regularly or came out to social gatherings and I met them and/or started hanging with them at races.
You need to separate the forums from reality and real life/chat interactions. I think some of us forget that and treat it as more than what it is. A place to come and debate. ;)

Discuss, differ, but above all respect. :D

And don't some of you start disagreeing with me to make me prove my point and push my buttons........ ;)
You know who you are........:p

DjDrOmusic
06-25-03, 04:12 PM
Oh RaceChic you know how we love your buttons!!;) :p :shakehead

JoeBob
06-25-03, 04:26 PM
What does liking somebody have to do with agreeing with somebody? I've had plenty of interesting discussions I've had were with friends who I completely disagreed with. (Besides, hearing a varying viewpoint from a friend who you know and respect is more likely to register than hearing that same viewpoint from some nameless, faceless, clueless keyboard jockey.)

mello
06-25-03, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by JoeBob
I've had plenty of interesting discussions I've had were with friends who I completely disagreed with.
You have friends? :D

trubritz
06-25-03, 07:48 PM
Hey, I like (and lurv) Mrs Trubritz, but I don't always agree with her.

That is, when she tells me its OK to of course....:laugh:

mello
06-30-03, 11:24 PM
Then there are these times that I reflect and am just so glad I didn't post in the heat of the momment and hurt someone just cause I think I am right and they are wrong. :) Took a week or so to figure it out. But yah. Sometimes biting my tounge is better than to ever hurt anyone!

oddlycalm
07-01-03, 12:34 PM
I dunno mello, I'm not sure I agree with you on this one...:cool:

Seriously, sometimes it's just not worth the hassle, and sometimes waiting until the heat of the moment passes is the the smart call. This is such a laid back and polite forum that I can't ever see myself going to the trouble of fueling up the flamethrower and cleaning the carbon out of the nozzle.

oc

RaceGrrl
07-01-03, 12:53 PM
We have our moments, oc. :D

mello
07-01-03, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
We have our moments, oc. :D

Would that be called drunk chatting or posting?

Barton
07-01-03, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by mello
Would that be called drunk chatting or posting?

Such a thing goes on here??? Gasp! ;) :D

mello
07-01-03, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Barton
Such a thing goes on here??? Gasp! ;) :D
Well not as much as some other places. Hey don't I know you from somewhere? ;)

Barton
07-01-03, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by mello
Well not as much as some other places. Hey don't I know you from somewhere? ;)

No. Unless you're that strange woman who keeps following me around. ;)

RaceChic
07-02-03, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Barton
No. Unless you're that strange woman who keeps following me around. ;)

If you weren't married, she'd........... Oh never mind! :D