PDA

View Full Version : Are you not entertained???!!!

Racing Truth
10-07-12, 06:01 PM
Actually, I'm not. Pack racing remains the dumbest thing in motorsports.:shakehead Even Joonyer has had enough:

Jenna Fryer‏@JennaFryer

Dale Jr: "That's bloodthirsty. If that's what everrybody wants, that's ridiculous."

AND

Marty Smith‏@MartySmithESPN

DaleJr: If I had to race like that evry week Id find a new job. Its ridiculous. Just ridiculous. I don't even wanna go to Tona/Dega nxt yr"

Oh my.

Racing Truth
10-07-12, 07:00 PM
Unfortunately, as Tony Johns points out on Twitter, ESPN & NASCAR are too busy, uh, "pleasuring themselves" after getting their latest highlight demo for the next 20 yrs. to hear anyone point out the maddening stupidity of it all. It's not going away.:shakehead

TKGAngel
10-07-12, 07:22 PM
And to add to the stupidity coming out of 'Dega today, you have Kurt Busch getting parked by NASCAR for driving away from the safety crew while they were working on his car.

Regarding the big one, at least the media can now talk about something Stewart did on the track instead of his pre-race ass grabbing antics with Mrs. Harvick.

NismoZ
10-07-12, 08:38 PM
"Incident on last lap under review!":rofl:

Lizzerd
10-07-12, 08:44 PM
What pisses me off the most is that I had Stewart in the weekly pull tab pool at my neighborhood pub. Lost $120 in turn 3.

Tifosi24
10-07-12, 09:03 PM
Clearly Cab only wants the show because Kenseth should not have won the race. He should have received a black flag for trying to run Treux off the track two laps prior.

Andrew Longman
10-07-12, 09:44 PM
I don't believe it will end until a car gets up in the air as Stewart's did and launches into the stands.

Otherwise, the commercial value is too great -- look at all those sponsored cars crashing into each other and showing up in print and video that will be playing endlessly for the next several days and beyond.

And if Jr. doesn't want to do it, they will easily find someone else to drive.

Most of all, with out the carnage, the Tona/Dega NASCAR product would be absolutely horrible and viewership would go to nearly zero. Add them to the other snooze events on their schedule.

Really, only the Glen reliably produces actual decent racing, drama and entertainment.