PDA

View Full Version : Petit LeMans

Lux Interior
09-22-12, 11:08 AM
Anyone going? I will be there once again. I keep coming back to that race because it is such an awesome track.

They invited the euro LrMans teams to participate and I hope some of them show up. :thumbup:

Indy
09-22-12, 11:18 AM
I wish I could this year. I am going to try to make it next year.

NismoZ
09-23-12, 10:28 PM
Get some shots of that DeltaWang in the winner's circle, OK?

Lux Interior
09-24-12, 12:25 AM
Oh I plan on posting several pics. I'm sure I'll have a few of that Nissan.

Lux Interior
09-28-12, 09:35 PM
Austin is going to be on the WEC calendar next yer. I am totally there in September:thumbup:

2013 FIA World Endurance Championship

April 14 Silverstone 6 Hours (GB)
May 4 Spa 6 Hours (B)
June 22/23 Le Mans 24 Hours (F)
August 24 Sao Paulo 6 Hours (BR)
September 22 Austin 6 Hours (USA)*
October 20 Fuji 6 Hours (J)
November 10 Shanghai 6 Hours (PRC)*
November 30 Bahrain 6 Hours (BAH)

cameraman
10-17-12, 09:49 PM
uW7qaG9K2_c

Elmo T
10-18-12, 08:07 AM
Was that a function of the delta shape - in that peripherally to the main body of the deltawing, he thinks he is clear. Reality is that the rear of the delta is closer and gets clipped?

OR - he just ran wide and never looked as he came back onto the track?

A little of both?

gerhard911
10-18-12, 09:02 AM
Didn't take much of a bump to put that tricycle on it's head :eek:

Agip27
10-18-12, 09:32 AM
I spoke with a friend of mine who is racing in the LMPC class. He said the Delta Wing is impossible to see; it's narrow and flat black! He also said it is so much lighter then the rest of the cars, that a slight touch will launch that car. The shape of the car didn't help Gunnar's crash; but Gunnar forced the issue in that shunt.

Hopefully, nothing else happens in the race, but people in the paddock are concerned......

Andrew Longman
10-18-12, 10:43 AM
A little of both?Looks that way to me. The sharp cut to the right seems to indicate he never looked/saw him there. The Delta wing does seem very low and obviously narrow and so unless you have the mirrors set just so you just might not catch sight of it. And given the shape of the rear, it almost acts like an open wheel car and it would be easier to grab a wheel andget it up in the air.

Gnam
10-18-12, 11:48 AM
Scary. Did his helmet touch the pavement?

Agip27
10-18-12, 11:54 AM
The fact that the car is flat black doesn't help either! Paint the car Red! :shakehead

Besides its small front tires, its odd shape, and the fact that its size is approximately less than two-thirds of any of the P1 cars, the DeltaWing is black – all black except a touch of white! In the old days a car that had “no presence” on track is nearly the same as saying it is “ghost” car.
You be the judge! From Motorsport.com

Elmo T
10-18-12, 11:55 AM
And given the shape of the rear, it almost acts like an open wheel car and it would be easier to grab a wheel andget it up in the air.

I was thinking more that IF they see the front of the Delta next to them, the rear of the Delta is actually much closer. Given the closing speed of the Delta there, you might think you've given ample room, but reality is that you are going to clip it.

http://i49.tinypic.com/20j24va.jpg

Andrew Longman
10-18-12, 12:42 PM
Elmo I get you and I agree. I just also think it is possible that with such a low and small car it is possible to not see it in the mirrors at all.

Agip27
10-18-12, 04:27 PM
Elmo I get you and I agree. I just also think it is possible that with such a low and small car it is possible to not see it in the mirrors at all.

Look at pictures of it on the track. It's the same black at the tarmac at Road Atlanta; you barely see this car.

NismoZ
10-19-12, 11:49 PM
That Porsche would have hit ANY car as he rejoined the race line. Just happened to hit the one he could send skyward. I WOULD, however, suggest getting STP as a sponsor for the D'wang.:)

NismoZ
10-21-12, 03:15 AM
DELTAWING WINS!! (class...of 1):) Hey, 6th overall isn't bad. Have to wonder if this will feed the "revolutionaries" among builders out there or be looked upon down the road as a cute (?) little race car with nowhere to go? Hard to see a future for it.