PDA

View Full Version : Of Triathlons...

opinionated ow
09-21-12, 11:55 AM
I'm sure I've mentioned it a myriad of times, but these last two years I've fallen head over heels in love with the somewhat made sport of Triathlon.

Today I received on my doorstep my official Team Australia trisuit and training gear because next month, in Auckland (somewhat amazingly as far as I'm concerned), I get to represent my country in the Age Group Sprint Triathlon World Championship.

There's 64 entered-mostly Commonwealthers with a few Americans, Brazilians and Mexicans for good measure. I don't expect to be near the front by any stretch of the imagination and frankly I don't care if I come last.

I'm just soooooooo excited. There will be thousands of athletes in town for the weekend that includes the age group races for the Olympic distance as well as Junior, Under 23 and Elite World Championships too.

It's all seemed like a bit of a dream so far but to actually get my hands on that bit of lycra today has just made it a reality.

nrc
09-21-12, 11:58 AM
I'm in awe. I'm happy if I can just get my yard work done, walk, and swim a bit.

Good luck!

Rogue Leader
09-21-12, 12:28 PM
Good luck! I've been doing Triathlon since 2008, its a lot of fun, great people, and the best set of workouts!

dando
09-21-12, 03:09 PM
I'm in awe. I'm happy if I can just get my yard work done, walk, and swim a bit.

Good luck!

I'm with you. Thankful I'm not passed out in the yard (or worse) after mowing, which takes an hour on hilly terrain (we have a sled hill on the side of the house). :saywhat: :(

Good luck, ow. :thumbup: :thumbup:

-Kevin

Indy
09-21-12, 11:36 PM
That is very commendable. Not for me, but commendable. :gomer:

TravelGal
09-22-12, 12:25 PM
Seriously, stupendous. I can't imagine being able to represent my street, let alone my country, in any physical endeavor. Way to go. :thumbup:

Rex Karz
09-22-12, 04:02 PM
Way to go!!!

And here I think I'm really tough "stuff" because I can run a half marathon from time to time.

opinionated ow
09-22-12, 10:19 PM
Way to go!!!

And here I think I'm really tough "stuff" because I can run a half marathon from time to time.

Thanks everyone...

Mr Karz-a half marathon would kill me!

opinionated ow
10-21-12, 12:03 PM
well today is the day. I've had gastro all week so i just want to finish strongly today

TravelGal
10-21-12, 12:21 PM
Good luck!

emjaya
10-21-12, 08:27 PM
Nobbled, a dodgey Kiwi Buger or just nerves? I hope it went well.

opinionated ow
10-21-12, 08:42 PM
ironically the team doctor and I identified it as coming from the opening ceremony!

I came 63rd today. It was a long way from my PB but given I've eaten bugger all and been unwell I'm happy. AND I beat somebody. AND he turned out to be an American ;-)

TravelGal
10-21-12, 09:11 PM
ironically the team doctor and I identified it as coming from the opening ceremony!

I came 63rd today. It was a long way from my PB but given I've eaten bugger all and been unwell I'm happy. AND I beat somebody. AND he turned out to be an American ;-)

:confused: Congratulations. I think. ;)

emjaya
10-22-12, 07:37 AM
I did look for you in the results, but it seems I was looking at the wrong end of the field. :)

Still, you did finish. :cool:

Rex Karz
10-23-12, 06:29 PM

:thumbup: :)

NismoZ
10-23-12, 06:54 PM
I run 5k about 3-4 times a week! Does that count? :D Can't even IMAGINE trying to put shoes on while hopping out of the water toward my bike. Then RUN!?:eek: This sport should be banned! UFC is tame by comparison. Neither one is on MY bucket list. Congrats!:thumbup: