PDA

View Full Version : Monza

WickerBill
09-08-12, 01:49 PM
Red Bull slow, McLaren fast, Ferrari fragile. Fred says he lost an "easy pole position" because his roll bar broke. Cocky punk.

Methanolandbrats
09-08-12, 10:47 PM
He had half a second on the field in Q2, did not get to run in Q3 on softs because the bar broke. He is correct.

Insomniac
09-08-12, 11:36 PM
So they couldn't fix it?

WickerBill
09-09-12, 08:11 AM
He had a half-second on the field in a session that didn't matter as long as you got close, where teams always save tires... He was .001 behind Lewis in final practice.

Edit: geez look at him go. Guess I'm wrong...

WickerBill
09-09-12, 08:12 AM
So they couldn't fix it?

Guess not -- figured out it was broken during first hot lap of Q3, I think.

gjc2
09-09-12, 10:02 AM
Guess not -- figured out it was broken during first hot lap of Q3, I think.

There isn’t enough time in a ten minute session to fix anything, especially since they have to show the stewards exactly what it is that they’re fixing and that the replacement part is identical.

stroker
09-09-12, 12:07 PM
Hell of a race. Good on Perez and Sauber. I wish Kobayashi was as fast!

cameraman
09-09-12, 01:29 PM
Some days it just sucks to be Jenson Button...

gjc2
09-09-12, 02:37 PM
Some days it just sucks to be Jenson Button...

He’s a British world champion driving for “the” British team, and he wins races. If that sucks, I’ll take it!

Rogue Leader
09-09-12, 08:21 PM
Perez to Ferrari next year. You heard it here first :tony:

WickerBill
09-09-12, 10:46 PM
He’s a British world champion driving for “the” British team, and he wins races. If that sucks, I’ll take it!

And Jessica Michibata!

cameraman
09-09-12, 10:53 PM
I was referring to this morning, hence the term "some"...

opinionated ow
09-09-12, 10:57 PM
They gave Vettel a penalty for that?

WickerBill
09-09-12, 11:25 PM
As long as they give the same penalty every time that happens, I'm okay with it. I'm wondering if the Grosjean situation has made them clamp down a bit ...

cameraman
09-10-12, 02:56 AM
An interesting tweet...

Good night at the Just Cavalli club in Milan. Sergio Perez celebrating his 2nd place. If only he could handle booze as well as his tyres!:laugh:

Indy
09-10-12, 07:45 AM
As long as they give the same penalty every time that happens, I'm okay with it. I'm wondering if the Grosjean situation has made them clamp down a bit ...

That's what I was thinking. Someone decided that if they want to avoid rollbars they will need to get the driving under control. Certainly the Chin did that dozens of times and got away with it, so something has changed.

Insomniac
09-10-12, 08:20 AM
There isn’t enough time in a ten minute session to fix anything, especially since they have to show the stewards exactly what it is that they’re fixing and that the replacement part is identical.

Gotcha.

Insomniac
09-10-12, 08:20 AM
That's what I was thinking. Someone decided that if they want to avoid rollbars they will need to get the driving under control. Certainly the Chin did that dozens of times and got away with it, so something has changed.

They also had that other rule a few weeks back about leaving room.

Hard Driver
09-10-12, 08:46 AM
Looked like Sebastian saw he was there and moved left to push him off. That deserves a penalty.

And Schumacher should have been penalized a hundred times when he wasn't.

Yes, I do think that the rules or enforcement is stricter now. But I never was a fan of the dirty racing. If you don't want to be passed, drive faster.

Rogue Leader
09-10-12, 10:31 AM

Considering it was basically the same move just without the disastrous consequences, I hope they continue to enforce it the same way.

Pilgrims Drop
09-10-12, 01:53 PM
Then why wasn't Di Resta given a penalty for his move on Senna where he also pushed his opponent off the track... And Senna was atleast alongside Di Resta when it happened...

Vettel vs Alonso was a repeat of last year... with the roles reversed.

datachicane
09-10-12, 07:01 PM
Then why wasn't Di Resta given a penalty for his move on Senna where he also pushed his opponent off the track... And Senna was atleast alongside Di Resta when it happened...

Vettel vs Alonso was a repeat of last year... with the roles reversed.

<redcar>That was totally different.</redcar>