06-24-03, 03:12 PM
Interesting...
http://espn.go.com/sportsbusiness/news/2003/0624/1572282.html

Tim
06-24-03, 03:29 PM
They're still going to suck. :D

RTKar
06-24-03, 03:40 PM
I think incomplete passes,fumbles,stupid penalties, conservative plays,guys running into each other, and seeing your quarterback sacked is a fine way for a financial institution to instill confidence in working class America.

Sean O'Gorman
06-24-03, 05:10 PM
What next? "The Cincinnati Bengals Presented by Who Gives a Crap?" :saywhat: Or maybe the "Cleveland Browns Presented by Miller Brewing (now with safer plastic bottles!)" Or, in perhaps the ultimate cross-marketing plan, "The Oakland Raiders Presented by the California State Penitentiary." The possibilities are endless! :D

JoeBob
06-24-03, 06:08 PM
How long until NBA teams get into the mix. Now there's some potential for interesting tie ins...

chop456
06-24-03, 07:00 PM
I didn't read the article, but I assume they're doing this because they'd be torn apart by the public if they sold naming rights to SOLDIER field.

Rahalnut's right. They'll still suck. :shakehead:

pchall
06-24-03, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by JoeBob
How long until NBA teams get into the mix. Now there's some potential for interesting tie ins...

I was thinking that the NBA would be a great sponsor for NASCAR...

pchall
06-25-03, 12:31 PM
Da Bears.

Da Bank One Bears.

Da Bank Ones.

Ain't evolution great?

;)

Wheel-Nut
06-25-03, 12:49 PM
I'm changing banks. :shakehead

JLMannin
06-25-03, 01:23 PM
The National Football League Chicago Bears presented by BankOne.

Got to make the name long.

IlliniRacer
06-25-03, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by chop456
I didn't read the article, but I assume they're doing this because they'd be torn apart by the public if they sold naming rights to SOLDIER field.

Rahalnut's right. They'll still suck. :shakehead:

IIRC, Soldier Field is actually owned by the City of Chicago (Chicago Park District to be exact). I think the Bears "lease" the use of Soldier Field for $1 a year.

And yes, they will still suck

chop456
06-25-03, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by IlliniRacer
IIRC, Soldier Field is actually owned by the City of Chicago (Chicago Park District to be exact). I think the Bears "lease" the use of Soldier Field for $1 a year.

And yes, they will still suck

You are correct, I forgot about that.

Apparently, my least favorite sportswriter is just as stupid as me, too. :D

http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay25.html

SteveH
06-25-03, 11:24 PM
Mariotti is right, the new stadium looks like crap. I really don't care for the looks of it at all. I have watched the demolition and rebuilding with anticipation. But they have just screwed it up. Soldier Field used to look like football, not anymore.

Classic Apex
06-26-03, 01:45 PM
Mayor Daly (spelling?) flat-out forbid the selling of the naming rights to Soldier Field...to keep it Soldier Field forever.

Thats why this deal came about. And no, as was originally reported, it is not "Da Bears presented by Wank One."

Its still just Da Bears.

My beloved Bears.

And yes, they still suck.

Treeface
06-27-03, 04:28 PM
"Bear Down
Chicago Bears Football Presented By Bank One"

Doesn't sound quite right.
The mother ship that landed is an eyesore. I'm hoping it keeps the sound in and wind out.

Miljax
06-28-03, 08:41 AM
The Chicago Bears Football Presented By Bank One still will not be able to beat Sister Mary Margarets School for the Deaf and Dumb... At least not without the help of Mike Ditka Presented By Bank One... ;)