PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Routers?

JohnHKart
08-28-12, 01:25 PM
Looking to buy one, my roomate moved out and took his older linksys Wrt 54. It worked pretty good. Just doing light surfing on my ipad, iphone at home. The newer E3200 linksys looks good, but some say its not as good as the old 54? Also looked at the Netgear wndr3400. There's good and bad reviews of all.

cameraman
08-28-12, 02:05 PM
The Apple Airport Express works well but it does cost $20 more:D

JohnHKart
08-28-12, 02:25 PM
Thank you Cameraman. I should mention my Pc is WinXp so the Mac airport wont work i think- need something I can plug a pc into.

JohnHKart
08-28-12, 05:26 PM
Going with the e3200, new egg are local so i pick up at will call. Thanks.

nissan gtp
08-28-12, 05:35 PM
Thank you Cameraman. I should mention my Pc is WinXp so the Mac airport wont work i think- need something I can plug a pc into.

Airport Extreme will work just fine with PC or mixed networks. I have one and have Macs and PCs. Super-easy and reliable with good performance.

I tried an Asus Blackdiamond N-600. Good but sent it back since it only supports 1 wireless network (the N-900 fixes that), and I wasn't able to print using it.

extramundane
08-28-12, 07:32 PM
Going with the e3200, new egg are local so i pick up at will call. Thanks.

I just put 10 of those into a small school with very few tech dollars to spend and they've been flawless. It oughta do well for you at home.

JohnHKart
08-29-12, 01:21 AM
Thanks extra. All hooked up here and working. I guess my roommate had configured my pc to work with his router, but it won't work just connecting to the cable modem- it has to be via router now. I figured it would work again once I got the 3200. It works, and my phone and Ipad 3 are now connected. Thanks. I hate spending too much time researching products, as I usually do a lot of obsessive research and it gets tiring.