PDA

View Full Version : Sonoma

Wheel-Nut
08-27-12, 04:04 PM
I didn't even know there was a race this weekend.

http://cdn-6.motorsport.com/static/img/mgl/1400000/1450000/1450000/1450800/1450856/s1_1.jpg

Rex Karz
08-27-12, 04:06 PM
Those grandstands are just vibrant.

cameraman
08-27-12, 07:09 PM
Yeah it was kind of funny. They started the coverage for the USA Pro Challenge time trials on NBC Sports but two hours in they had to show the IRL race. So the bicycling coverage switched over to NBC for the last two hours.:rofl:

Trevor Longman
08-27-12, 09:35 PM
Bourdais almost got killed when he crashed with Newgarden but other than that it was pretty uneventful

cameraman
08-27-12, 09:55 PM
kUTh56WCY-A

I don't know, it looks like Newgarden got the worst of that.

TravelGal
08-28-12, 01:52 AM
kUTh56WCY-A

I don't know, it looks like Newgarden got the worst of that.

Agreed. But Hunter-Reay could have bought it when Tags speared him. Just like old times. :D

RTKar
08-28-12, 06:55 AM
Those grandstands are just vibrant.

I think they're running away, looking for cover. Their eyes hurt.

Trevor Longman
08-28-12, 10:13 AM
Initially I thought so too but if you look closer Newgardens gearbox punches into Bourdais' cockpit right at shoulder level. Apparently the chassis split right in half at the point of Bourdais' torso. Any higher and it would have hit his head and any harder and it would've gone right through the chassis.

High Sided
08-28-12, 11:44 AM
“I don’t think I have anything that’s broken,” said Bourdais, “but it’s the biggest impact of my life I can remember having.”

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-bourdaisthe-biggest-impact-of-my-life/

Chief
08-28-12, 12:40 PM
Hey, cool, that tub is split in half. That Dallara sidepod design works wonders funneling the T-Bone right at the drivers head. Maybe they should design no sidepod technology next time.

Excellent...:thumdown:

Ziggy
08-28-12, 12:47 PM
It would have been another boon for the flower shops here in Indy

just like the last hobo that bought the farm

could they have blamed it on the catch fence I wonder ? :confused:

Andrew Longman
08-28-12, 02:55 PM
Initially I thought so too but if you look closer Newgardens gearbox punches into Bourdais' cockpit right at shoulder level. Apparently the chassis split right in half at the point of Bourdais' torso. Any higher and it would have hit his head and any harder and it would've gone right through the chassis.Gearbox can be quite a solid battering ram. Nothing much deformable there. Very lucky.

BTW, you going to Baltimore? Your uncle in West Chester may be looking for advice on taking your cousin.

Gnam
08-28-12, 03:44 PM
It's interesting that the IndyCars don't use the typical 7/7A set of turns. Instead they run down the drag strip track to the end and then turn sharply back onto the road course at turn 7A.

Also, kinda strange that the track map for the IndyCar event erases Turn 7 completely. Are they trying to hide their alterations to the track? The Nascar map shows all the turns even the ones they don't use.

IndyCar at Sonoma:
http://www.racesonoma.com/images/logos/ParkShuttle(INDY)5c_Map122.pdf

Nascar at Sonoma:
http://www.racesonoma.com/images/logos/ParkShuttle(NASCAR)5_Map121.pdf

Glad Seabass is okay. :thumbup:

Chief
08-28-12, 04:24 PM
That's the same corner that Will Power broke his back coming out of?? Hmmm...

Ed_Severson
08-28-12, 05:06 PM

No, it isn't.

Rex Karz
08-29-12, 01:33 PM

I care so little about the EARL that I didn't even know that Will Power even broke his back at Snoreoma.

TravelGal
08-29-12, 03:25 PM
I care so little about the EARL that I didn't even know that Will Power even broke his back at Snoreoma.

Well DUH. :gomer: :D

Here I was thinking it was the place the lit up Katherine Legge. How soon we forget. :rolleyes:

G.
08-30-12, 11:42 PM

I guess RHR got punted out of the shampeenship by Tags at Sonoma.

I wouldn't know, except for a twitter feed.

Wait, neither of the last 2 races are on network?!? That's not excusable. Funny, but inexcusable.

Wheel-Nut
08-31-12, 10:17 AM
I guess RHR got punted out of the shampeenship by Tags at Sonoma.

I wouldn't know, except for a twitter feed.

Wait, neither of the last 2 races are on network?!? That's not excusable. Funny, but inexcusable.

It's football season.

The races are only on network t v during the off season because they are only slightly better than infomercials.

NismoZ
08-31-12, 08:46 PM
Hey, how come Jay isn't in jail? :irked:

cameraman
08-31-12, 10:11 PM
Hey, how come Jay isn't in jail? :irked:

bail

Mary
09-01-12, 01:56 PM
Was that Bob Jenkins? Sorry if I'm behind, but I was a bit surprised to hear his (still dull, droning) voice.

Mary

JohnHKart
09-07-12, 12:31 AM
Unless you go to the speedway , you wont have to hear Bob much longer, just read he's retiring after Yawntana to care for his ailing wife.

gjc2
09-07-12, 06:55 AM
Unless you go to the speedway , you wont have to hear Bob much longer, just read he's retiring after Yawntana to care for his ailing wife.

Bob just turned 65, and he’s has his own health issues.

Mary
09-09-12, 09:39 AM
Oh, I don't listen and I have no plans on going to the Speedway, but I'm sorry to hear anyone is ill and wish him and his wife the best.

Mary