PDA

View Full Version : OC NFL Pickem' Pool

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

dando
10-03-12, 04:27 PM
Read these next two words very carefully: Bite Me. :)

A former co-worker of mine was there for the last game and his photo of his chagrin hung in his office for years. I also remember seats from Muni Stadium hanging from the ceiling in Bumpers for several years (next to the Vasserized nose cone from Herta's car).

-Kevin

Insomniac
10-04-12, 09:41 AM
BTW, NFLN has a special on tonight @ 8 ET about the final season of the Clowns in Cleveburg in '95. :p

-Kevin

I heard it was just another Belichick documentary. True?

dando
10-04-12, 09:56 AM

I was playing Wii with the DDs last night, and then watched the debate. Have it set to record later today. I'm just amazed to have NFLN on TWC. :thumbup:

-Kevin

cameraman
10-05-12, 08:07 AM
So much for Arizona going 5-0:irked:

dando
10-05-12, 08:12 AM
So much for Arizona going 5-0:irked:

:saywhat: I figured they were pretenders, but the Lambs. Srsly? :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
10-05-12, 08:44 AM

It was more than just a Bellyache documentary, but it was amazing to see the 'family tree' of coaches that resulted from that staff. :eek: Fans taking hack saws, etc. into the stadium for the final game. :laugh: :saywhat:

-Kevin

nrc
10-05-12, 12:46 PM
:saywhat: I figured they were pretenders, but the Lambs. Srsly? :saywhat:

-Kevin

I figured that it was about time for their luck to run out.

Everyone picked the Bengals this week so I hope that's not a jinx.

TravelGal
10-05-12, 03:20 PM
So I look at Pool Host and the OC team, and I can't find my name! Look twice. Three times. It occurs to me to look up from the bottom. I'm at THE TOP. Happy Dance. I have no idea why. It's not alphabetical and several of us chose the same. But I'll take it. It still means I'm 26 points behind the next person but HEY, I'm making a screen shot of that! (If I knew how). :D

TravelGal
10-05-12, 03:22 PM
I figured that it was about time for their luck to run out.

Everyone picked the Bengals this week so I hope that's not a jinx.

Everyone picked the same teams in quite a few of the games. Could be an interesting weekend for the contrarians in the few games that weren't unaimous. Either big ups or big oh-ohs.

cameraman
10-05-12, 04:43 PM
I let my general loathing of Denver get the best of me last week:saywhat:

Don Quixote
10-05-12, 09:47 PM
I let my general loathing of Denver get the best of me last week:saywhat:Happens to me on a regular basis.

Dvdb
10-05-12, 09:48 PM
I would like to congratulate all the contestants on getting their picks in this week. (smartassmode)

I would also like to take this opportunity to say......................Go Cardinals............bring on the Nats

cameraman
10-07-12, 05:35 PM
Glad to see that I wasn't alone in picking Green Bay and the Bungles:rolleyes:

dando
10-07-12, 07:15 PM
Glad to see that I wasn't alone in picking Green Bay and the Bungles:rolleyes:

No worries...the Clowns blew their lead 14-0 and are 0-5. Balance. :gomer:

-Kevin

TravelGal
10-07-12, 09:01 PM
Geez, talk about starting off like a rocket and going down in flames. First 3 misses were by a total of 10 points and after that, oy vey. :shakehead

Dvdb
10-08-12, 09:40 PM
And yet you're having fun, TGal?

Napoleon
10-09-12, 04:31 PM
Happens to me on a regular basis.

I hope your neighbors don't find out.

dando
10-09-12, 05:11 PM
The Dude abides. :D

-Kevin

TravelGal
10-09-12, 10:47 PM
And yet you're having fun, TGal?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey, I'm about to get serious. Since I lost so many last week, I figure I shouldn't have changed my guesses based on the point spreads. However, since I can't remember which games I changed, I have no way of knowing. This week I plan to WRITE DOWN my picks. Watch out world. :eek:

Don Quixote
10-09-12, 11:06 PM
The Dude abides. :D

-KevinI pee on your rug.

dando
10-09-12, 11:47 PM
I pee on your rug.

I already have a hound dog that does that. :saywhat: :shakehead :irked:

-Kevin

Napoleon
10-11-12, 11:38 AM
How is Cincy only favored by 1.5 over Cleveland?

Don Quixote
10-11-12, 11:42 AM
How is Cincy only favored by 1.5 over Cleveland?The only thing I can think of is crystal meth.

dando
10-11-12, 11:46 AM

-3 for the home field advantage. And yes, meth is also involved, or the Al Gore excuse. It's the altitude, dude. :D

-Kevin

nrc
10-11-12, 12:00 PM

Have the Browns gotten worse? The first game was pretty close, the Browns are at home, and they have Haden back. The Bengals offense has struggled against teams that can stop the run without safety help so if they can do that they've got a pretty good chance.

cameraman
10-11-12, 12:07 PM
Suppose I had best gets pickin'...

dando
10-11-12, 12:22 PM
The leader is in the clubhouse. :D

-Kevin

cameraman
10-11-12, 12:30 PM
So the major decision was whether the Bills' defense will be more or less hideous than the Cardinals' offense...

dando
10-11-12, 12:32 PM
So the major decision was whether the Bills' defense will be more or less hideous than the Cardinals' offense...

There's no D in Bills. :gomer: The bigger question is whether the Cards OL can keep Kolb upright. Difficult to pass sitting on your ass. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Napoleon
10-11-12, 01:35 PM
Have the Browns gotten worse? The first game was pretty close, the Browns are at home, and they have Haden back. The Bengals offense has struggled against teams that can stop the run without safety help so if they can do that they've got a pretty good chance.

The Haden thing is the biggest thing I can think of. He will likely make a differance.

cameraman
10-12-12, 02:06 PM
That didn't go well. Everyone got it wrong with the exception of the Knight who forgot to pick. I think NRC was looking over my shoulder:p

dando
10-12-12, 03:09 PM
That didn't go well. Everyone got it wrong with the exception of the Knight who forgot to pick. I think NRC was looking over my shoulder:p

The Stealers are a mess. Good news for the Bungles, but not my picks. :gomer:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
10-12-12, 03:59 PM
Dear Dvdb: The knight of dulcinea throws his mercy on the court, and hereby, forthwith, and heretofor pleads for his one (1) mulligan, with the following picks:

Indy
Det
StL
Ariz
SF
GB
TB
Cin
Atl
Balt
NE
Min
SD

nrc
10-12-12, 04:51 PM

If I pick the same as you every week I can't come in last. :)

I suppose if you're going to be late this was the week to do it.

dando
10-12-12, 04:54 PM
Dear Dvdb: The knight of dulcinea throws his mercy on the court, and hereby, forthwith, and heretofor pleads for his one (1) mulligan, with the following picks:

Indy
Det
StL
Ariz
SF
GB
TB
Cin
Atl
Balt
NE
Min
SD

Must be the altitude.

-Al Gore. :gomer:

Dvdb
10-12-12, 09:45 PM
I, the benevolent dictator, await your point total for MNF.

Don Quixote
10-13-12, 01:09 PM
My protest regarding my Thursday night pick of Tennessee over Pittsburgh was denied by the dictator. :thumdown:

Dvdb
10-13-12, 09:41 PM
Benevolence only goes so far...........Now is the time for the iron fist.

TravelGal
10-14-12, 08:39 PM
And I repeat:

Hey, I'm about to get serious. .. Watch out world. :eek:

Two more to go but I cannot come in last. Happy Dance. :thumbup: (for the week, that is. I'll always be last in the standings. :laugh: )

GO G-MEN!

dando
10-15-12, 08:35 AM
Well this week sucked. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
10-15-12, 09:26 AM
TravelGal smoked everybody this week. :thumbup:

TravelGal
10-15-12, 10:05 AM
TravelGal smoked everybody this week. :thumbup:

Thanks, DQ. I'm basking in the glory while I can. LOL. You know what they say about the blind squirrel.

I did make a note of the changes I made after my initial picks. I changed 3, which resulted in one net loss. Now if only my sentimental pick of the Chargers holds out, I'll be in clover.

TravelGal
10-16-12, 11:49 AM
sic transit gloria.

Alas, I never thought the Chargers would win but I had to pick them anyway. We lived in SD for a while when we first came to California and I couldn't see myself rooting against them for the whole game. I'm glad I didn't see it. I would have indigestion for a week.

cameraman
10-16-12, 12:00 PM
Not a Chargers fan but I am a Denver hater:flame:

WickerBill
10-17-12, 05:47 AM
Not a Chargers fan but I am a Denver hater:flame:

What's the story there? Always interesting to find out why someone hates a team.

I won a week!

chop456
10-17-12, 06:17 AM
Jealous of Karl Mecklenburg's boyish good looks, probably.

dando
10-17-12, 07:51 AM
One ugly week last week. :saywhat:

-Kevin

cameraman
10-17-12, 10:35 AM
What's the story there? Always interesting to find out why someone hates a team.

I don't remember the origin of it but I have hated the Dallas Cowboys and the Denver Broncos for going on 40 years now. Neither team has ever given me a reason to stop hating them:p

And as for the Eagles, well Philly has no redeeming characteristics of any kind so it is just natural to despise anything linked with the place...

Dvdb
10-17-12, 10:20 PM
Can someone remind me to do my picks tomorrow? Busy packing for a trip to South Bend to see the UNDEFEATED Fighting Irish.

Oh, that's right, I'm the commish................I can get my picks in next week................. (EVIL LAUGH)

Don Quixote
10-18-12, 12:32 PM
I almost picked the Browns to beat Indy. Almost.

Napoleon
10-18-12, 01:56 PM

I actually did pick them after failing to last week after thinking long about doing it.

TravelGal
10-18-12, 08:04 PM
I actually did pick them after failing to last week after thinking long about doing it.

Me too. I think. I changed my picks so often this week that my notepad of what is what and what was what is unintelligible. Let the games begin. :D

dando
10-19-12, 12:06 PM

Battle of the rookie QBs. IMO, it's a push, but Indy has Reggie Wayne. Plus, TRich is banged up. He may be the new Beanie Wells. :saywhat: Advantage Indy.

-Kevin

Dvdb
10-24-12, 10:14 PM
Wednesday night bump

cameraman
10-26-12, 05:54 AM
Well at least everyone else had the Vikings too:shakehead

Dvdb
10-26-12, 10:29 AM
Thursday games are killing everyone. I believe this is the second week in a row with everyone picking the losing team.

TravelGal
10-26-12, 10:50 AM
Sorta like an overloaded lifeboat on the Titanic, ain't?

The Bucs killed me last week so I abandoned them. Wonder if DET will do he same? I see everyone else picked Denver. I did too but TravelGuy persuaded me to change to NO. THAT should be interesting! :D

dando
10-26-12, 12:30 PM
Well at least everyone else had the Vikings too:shakehead

That game was a push, IMO. There are several games like that this week. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Insomniac
10-30-12, 01:17 PM
I finally won a week!

TravelGal
10-30-12, 01:57 PM
I see everyone else picked Denver. I did too but TravelGuy persuaded me to change to NO. THAT should be interesting! :D

Wellllllll, at least he was apologetic about the NO thing. Congrats Insomniac. Good one. :thumbup:

dando
11-01-12, 08:06 AM
Bump.

TravelGal
11-01-12, 07:10 PM
somebody call camerman. He's the only hasn't picked and only an hour to go. Me, it wouldn't matter. He, he's up in the hunt.

cameraman
11-01-12, 08:40 PM
grrr

KC
Denver
Atlanta
Giants
Tampa Bay
Green Bay
Miami
Baltimore
Houston
Washington
Detroit
Chicago
Seattle
Cincinnati

Dvdb
11-01-12, 08:52 PM
Got it.

Dvdb
11-01-12, 08:54 PM
points?

And need the Eagles/Saints pick, and Cinci or Denver?

cameraman
11-01-12, 09:52 PM
points?

And need the Eagles/Saints pick, and Cinci or Denver?

Denver and Cincinatti:shakehead
Don't pick NFL games when you are sick.

Cincinatti and New Orleans
46 points

nrc
11-02-12, 02:58 AM
I'm shocked that the points spread isn't larger in the Cinci/Denver game. Is there something I'm missing? Bengals will need to bring out a completely different defense to hold Manning under 40 points.

Dvdb
11-02-12, 11:14 AM
You're good to go, Cman.

Hope you feel better.

cameraman
11-02-12, 12:50 PM
I picked KC, this virus clearly has some kind of neurological aspect to it.

Either that or just lack of oxygen to the brain from all the coughing.

Dvdb
11-02-12, 05:07 PM
If it's any consolation, you would have lost that game anyway as a penalty for being late. But go ahead and blame the virus for the actual pick.

Insomniac
11-06-12, 12:05 PM
First last week, last this week. Fortunes change quickly.

cameraman
11-06-12, 12:46 PM
First last week, last this week. Fortunes change quickly.

Someone did worse than me????

Nope, we tied.

TravelGal
11-06-12, 01:59 PM
Hmm, "tied" is a good. That means I "tied" for second. :D I was going great guns until those GIANTS lost. Sheesh. That meant that, event though it blew my position in the pool, I was really glad Philadelphia lost. Onward to this week.

WickerBill
11-06-12, 05:28 PM
Slowly clawing my way to respectability after a dismal first three weeks.

Insomniac
11-07-12, 10:28 AM
Someone did worse than me????

Nope, we tied.

Three of us had 9 games right, but I was furthest off on the MNF total points (tie breaker).

Dvdb
11-08-12, 11:51 AM
bump............get your picks in

cameraman
11-08-12, 12:54 PM
Getting to choose between Philly & Dallas. Where is the neither option:yuck:

Insomniac
11-08-12, 03:54 PM

Don't make a pick. ;)

cameraman
11-08-12, 05:49 PM
Don't make a pick. ;)

We just had a major election, I'm quite adept at holding my nose and choosing.:D

Dvdb
11-08-12, 09:14 PM
6 minutes and counting.........waiting on two people.

bump

Napoleon
11-09-12, 06:07 AM
Rats, been out of the office and missed this since I do not have my to-do tickler available.

Could the commish put in my picks for what remains?

NE
NYG
TB
Den
Mia
Balt
Atl
Det
Sea
Dal
SF
Chi
Pitt

38 points

Don Quixote
11-09-12, 10:33 AM
Got stuck in Fraser, CO with no access. Oh well, I would have missed all the picks anyways!

TravelGal
11-09-12, 12:55 PM
If it's a case of having used up your one free pass, I'm willing to give a second pass. Maybe the rules could be that you get docked the Thursday game and the first Sunday game.

Whatdaya think, commish? A possibility or too big a PITA?

Dvdb
11-09-12, 05:57 PM
Had the same thought myself, T-gal. The commish will consider it, but it is a test of my benevolence.

Perhaps Happy Hour will help me render a decision.

Dvdb
11-09-12, 11:49 PM
Commish has made a decision. Nap should hope Don Q checks his pms before tomorrow night.

Just sayin'............

Don Quixote
11-10-12, 04:48 PM
Thanks commish.

NE
NYG
SD !!
Den
Mia
Bal
NO !!!!!!!!!!
Min
Sea
Dal (almost did something crazy and picked Phi)
SF
Hou
Pit

40 pts

dando
11-11-12, 07:55 PM

Pick the Cowboys. :gomer: :D

-Kevin

cameraman
11-12-12, 09:19 AM
Pick the Cowboys. :gomer: :D

-Kevin

The only team more useless than the Eagles would be the Bears:saywhat:

TravelGal
11-12-12, 09:41 AM
The Bungles? Really? :p

I'm hoping this will finally be Norv's undoing. He keeps his job because he ends strong beginning in November and everyone remembers how well the Charges played as they headed into the off season (not IN it, you understand). Double :p

dando
11-12-12, 10:08 AM
The Bungles? Really? :p

I'm hoping this will finally be Norv's undoing. He keeps his job because he ends strong beginning in November and everyone remembers how well the Charges played as they headed into the off season (not IN it, you understand). Double :p

Eli played like the Eli of old. G-men won the stats battle (first downs, total yards, number of plays), but the 4 TOs killed them, as did the 4 sacks.

I swear Norv has compromising pics and is blackmailing Spanos to have survived this long. :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
11-12-12, 10:10 AM
The only team more useless than the Eagles would be the Bears:saywhat:

Well, the weather was a huge factor last night. That was an ugly game (checkout the stats). Plus, Campbell is a POS QB.

-Kevin

extramundane
11-12-12, 10:15 AM
I swear Norv has compromising pics and is blackmailing Spanos to have survived this long. :saywhat:

The whole crew- AJ Smith, Norv, Laserface... how nothing changes at that team is remarkable.

TravelGal
11-12-12, 10:38 AM
The whole crew- AJ Smith, Norv, Laserface... how nothing changes at that team is remarkable.

Agreed. :shakehead And of course I meant "post season" above. It IS the off season the Chargers are headed for.

WickerBill
11-12-12, 11:39 AM
Good week again; since everyone picked PIT tonight, I won the week. Why am I still so far behind??

/whine

dando
11-12-12, 11:45 AM
Good week again; since everyone picked PIT tonight, I won the week. Why am I still so far behind??

/whine

Looks like you've been averaging in the high teens while nrc and I have averaged in the low 20s. It only takes one bad week (like my 8 point week 6) to fall off the leaderboard. Just like one bad hole can ruin your round of golf.

-Kevin

TravelGal
11-12-12, 06:18 PM
SIX is not far behind. SIXTY, now that's far behind. :laugh::laugh:

nrc
11-13-12, 02:05 AM

/whine

Looks like week three kind of derailed you. Good job fighting back into contention.

nrc
11-13-12, 10:25 AM
Eli played like the Eli of old. G-men won the stats battle (first downs, total yards, number of plays), but the 4 TOs killed them, as did the 4 sacks.

Stats battle? The Bengals dominated all those stats until the Giants basically conceded in the fourth quarter. They were willing to burn the clock taking underneath stuff to get a consolation touchdown and edged the Bengals in some meaningless stats.

The Giants looked tired and the Bengals took advantage by putting together their most complete game of the Dalton era. We'll see if they can keep it going.

dando
11-13-12, 12:15 PM
Stats battle? The Bengals dominated all those stats until the Giants basically conceded in the fourth quarter. They were willing to burn the clock taking underneath stuff to get a consolation touchdown and edged the Bengals in some meaningless stats.

The Giants looked tired and the Bengals took advantage by putting together their most complete game of the Dalton era. We'll see if they can keep it going.

Well I wouldn't say the most complete game, but the D rose to the occasion and harassed Eli relentlessly, resulting in the INTs. 4 sacks and too many pressures to count. Only rushing for 76 yards doesn't equal complete to me. But yes, the Who Deys dominated until the last garbage time drive, which pushed the stats in favor of the G-men. Stats don't lie, right? ;) Most impressive was Carrot Top spreading the ball out to multiple WRs. Good sign.

-Kevin

Insomniac
11-14-12, 01:00 PM

-Kevin

In other words, where is this guy in the Super Bowl? :(