PDA

View Full Version : Coolers at Cleveland?

Warlock!
06-24-03, 02:32 PM
Last year I think I remember a note that came with the tickets saying that coolers were not allowed in any size, shape, or form. However, I thought I saw quite a few people with soft-sided coolers last year. Either my memory was clouded by, God, I dunno what, or they weren't that strict about enforcement. Does anyone have the real deal about this years' tolerances?

Warlock!

Napoleon
06-24-03, 02:39 PM
http://www.clevelandgrandprix.com/rules.asp

Sean O'Gorman
06-24-03, 02:46 PM
Yikes! :eek: I still can't bring my beloved scaffolding either. :(

mello
06-24-03, 02:51 PM
NO BACKPACKS????? Crap what's up with that?

DjDrOmusic
06-25-03, 02:06 AM
I went out to Big Lots yesterday and bought 3 Colman soft sided coolers, even borrowed one of themeasuring tapes in theback to make sure it fits 12 x 12 x 12. They were a really good deal!! Yes Mello the Big Lots near you on Wilson.;)

Lizzerd
06-25-03, 04:28 AM
This just ruins my whole friggin weenend. I don't even wanna go now. Enjoy, all...

Seriously now, I remember the Detroit Grand Prix in '96, they were selling beer for some crazy price like $5.50 or something close. Whatever, it came to $5.78 or somthing after tax (exact numbers are for the intellectually gifted, and/or those with good memories can correct me). Not only did they have a band of idiots working the booths to count out every penny sooooo slowly, someone with an ounce of sense could have priced the beers at something that would have made the total on the quarter. Rant over, Lizzerd out.

RaceChic
06-25-03, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by DjDrOmusic
I went out to Big Lots yesterday and bought 3 Colman soft sided coolers, even borrowed one of themeasuring tapes in theback to make sure it fits 12 x 12 x 12. They were a really good deal!! Yes Mello the Big Lots near you on Wilson.;)

What's the point if this is the scenario............... :confused:

Quote:
"NO alcoholic beverages may be brought into the race site" :cry:

mello
06-25-03, 07:18 AM

Thanks Doc. I have it worked out now though. :) I just needed a way to get all my junk in there without to much hassle. I stick to water at the races so cooler won't be a problem. Just didn't want to carry around the extra stuff all day like jacket, pants, rain gear(lets hope not) scanner, camera. It all fits so nice in one backpack.

Warlock!
06-25-03, 07:30 AM
RaceChic says:

What's the point if this is the scenario.......... "NO alcoholic beverages may be brought into the race site"

Buy a 6-pack of your favorite bottled soft-drink. Pour half of each bottle into the toilet (the first half is for sissies anyways). Buy a fifth (that's 750ml for you US Measure-challenged) of your favorite "it makes me fall down and feel like crap the next morning" juice. Top off the soft-drink bottles with the goofy juice. Twist on the cap, throw it in the soft-sided cooler with some ice, and yer good to go!

Warlock!

Foxman
06-25-03, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Warlock!

Buy a 6-pack of your favorite bottled soft-drink. Pour half of each bottle into the toilet (the first half is for sissies anyways). Buy a fifth (that's 750ml for you US Measure-challenged) of your favorite "it makes me fall down and feel like crap the next morning" juice. Top off the soft-drink bottles with the goofy juice. Twist on the cap, throw it in the soft-sided cooler with some ice, and yer good to go!

Warlock! [/B]

Just do what we do when we go to college football games. Buy a bunch of airline bottles of your favorite liquor, put em in yer pockets before you go in. It never fails. Once you are in there either mix it with the soda you brought, or buy some soda while you are there and mix it up.

chop456
06-25-03, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Warlock!

Warlock! [/B]

You sound like you've done this "drinking alcohol" thing before.

RaceGrrl
06-25-03, 09:45 AM
Another idea is to put your bottle inside a small water cooler. They never look in those- they just assume it's liquid. For those of you who drink beer, I don't know what to tell you- you might just have to drink the hard stuff for this race. :D

RaceChic
06-25-03, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
Another idea is to put your bottle inside a small water cooler. They never look in those- they just assume it's liquid. For those of you who drink beer, I don't know what to tell you- you might just have to drink the hard stuff for this race. :D

But that stuff creeps up on me out of never-never land and drop kicks me!!!! Besides Garnet (Tracey) and I have an agreement...... No hard alcohol for me!!! ;):D :rolleyes: :p

devilmaster
06-25-03, 12:51 PM
Man, I can't wait for Cleveland to be over with....

You're killin me! You're all killin me! :(

Steve;)

DjDrOmusic
06-25-03, 04:47 PM
OK, I have an idea about beer, of course you all know the way my brain misfires but humor me! A&W Cream Soda comes in 6 pack plastic bottles and it's the same color as beer! Need I say more? Hope that helps RaceChic!!:D :eek:

RaceChic
06-25-03, 04:53 PM
OK, I have an idea about beer, of course you all know the way my brain misfires but humor me! A&W Cream Soda comes in 6 pack plastic bottles and it's the same color as beer! Need I say more? Hope that helps RaceChic!!:D :eek:

But there is all afternoon as well as evening........ Am I going to be sitting there pouring beer into 6-12 plastic bottles for pop? The person at the security gate will think I am truly insane for wanting to drink all that pop. And knowing our luck...... somebody from the track will read this and they will start sniffing every bottle in every cooler................ :shakehead

RTKar
06-25-03, 08:55 PM
Brainstorm!....Lisa has the big race hat that devilmaster had so graciously modeled for us, I think we all saw the photo and know the hat....I say fill that puppy up good with all kinds of contraband; beer,hooch,umbrellas,etc.. the authorities would never suspect such an innocent looking soul as Lisa to be a smuggler.;) as a matter of fact, if we all wore one of those hats, do you think they'd get wise to us?

Twisty Bits
06-26-03, 01:34 AM
I know someone who duct taped 38 beers to himself for a Lions game (seriously). Although that was winter. Perhaps a windbreaker may get you 12.

:)

DjDrOmusic
06-26-03, 05:52 AM
The ladies could all go dressed as Dolly Parton!! I think about 48 cans per side could be snuck in that way!! (I know it's sick, but it's early!):D ;) :saywhat: :shakehead

Railbird
06-26-03, 09:46 AM
or they could go dressed as J Lo with a case strapped to their ass.

My plan, as always, is to find the closest beer cart and tip the beer joker big early. That way they'll keep an eye out for you later when time is tight.

I also see about an hour and a half window between the Atlanic's and Champcar race which could be used for some serious consumption over in the muni lot.

Napoleon
06-26-03, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Railbird
I also see about an hour and a half window between the Atlanic's and Champcar race which could be used for some serious consumption over in the muni lot.

:D :rofl:

Spoken like a local.

'Bird, you don't happen to go to Browns games also. They get cranking in the Muni lot by evening the night before a game. It reminds me of the good old days at Indy for me.

RaceChic
06-26-03, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Railbird
or they could go dressed as J Lo with a case strapped to their ass.

My plan, as always, is to find the closest beer cart and tip the beer joker big early. That way they'll keep an eye out for you later when time is tight.

Okay 'bird. Hook me up with the beer vendor and lead the way to the muni lot......... :D

flobee1kenobi
06-26-03, 02:15 PM
just fill this puppy up with your favorite hi octane drink and you're good to go
http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=47579588&parent_category_rn=4500808

Twisty Bits
06-27-03, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by flobee1kenobi
just fill this puppy up with your favorite hi octane drink and you're good to go
http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=47579588&parent_category_rn=4500808
Does it come with matching underwear for lower dehydration?:confused:

lisa
06-28-03, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by RTKar
Brainstorm!....Lisa has the big race hat that devilmaster had so graciously modeled for us, I think we all saw the photo and know the hat....I say fill that puppy up good with all kinds of contraband; beer,hooch,umbrellas,etc.. the authorities would never suspect such an innocent looking soul as Lisa to be a smuggler.;) as a matter of fact, if we all wore one of those hats, do you think they'd get wise to us?

Ok, I'll have my hat so I'm going to rent out space. Actually, I did smuggle a 35mm camera into a concert once. I had camera parts in a certain upper region. :rofl: I do look like a smuggler though, I got searched 3 out of 4 times last time I flew.

Rus'L
06-30-03, 02:47 PM
The ladies could all go dressed as Dolly Parton!! I think about 48 cans per side could be snuck in that way!! (I know it's sick, but it's early!):D ;) :saywhat: :shakehead

Don't laugh -- here's a true story.

My great-grandmother once got busted (pun intended as you shall see) during Prohibition for hiding a small bottle of liquor down her chest (she was well endowed).

The question no one in the family has ever been able to answer for me, was how did the cop know to look there? And who gave him permission to do the search?! There certainly were no female cops back in those days.