PDA

View Full Version : Could Be Danica's Day?

NismoZ
08-18-12, 04:05 PM
Started up front in Montreal. Has worked her way TO the front. Has to deal with Fellows on a restart...who immediately blows a spot. Interesting race so far. JV being a good boy...for now. Lap 29 of 78 it's Danica, Busch, Fellows Villeneuve, Hornish, McDowell. Her drive at RA was no fluke if the early part of this race is any indication. Just wondering if any contested pass can be made here without incident. I think we'll soon find out.:)

NismoZ
08-18-12, 04:22 PM
Here we go...Fellows pits, so on ANOTHER restart it's Danica and Villeneuve...SIDE BY SIDE!:cool: Still pretty early to beat on each other for the lead but...who knows? Ready?...Great start for the 7 and Tag moves past Hornish to 4th. Good racing, JV putting on the pressure!

NismoZ
08-18-12, 04:30 PM
Villeneuve to the lead and pulling away by lap 43 and Tag up to 3rd. Place is packed. Think they want a Sprint Cup race up there?

NismoZ
08-18-12, 04:41 PM
SERIOUSLY? Can running over a SHOE (idiot fan threw it onto the track) ruin Danica's run? Something dragging at the back has her complaining. That'd be a shame, more likely a curb hop causing the problem, I'd say.

NismoZ
08-18-12, 04:54 PM
Yeah, the 7 pits, she gets in the wrong spot for the restart, REpits and avoids a penalty but has fallen WAY back. Race up front is better than ever. JV over Kyle with 20 to go. Then, Hornish and Tagliani.

NismoZ
08-18-12, 05:29 PM
And THERE we have it...Restart with 11 to go and Tagliani BANGS his way to the front from 3rd but "probably" won't have enough fuel to finish! COULD be an Oh Canada 1-2? Tag leads Jacques as Busch smacks Fellows off course. Oh fer...Villeneuve just PUSHES Tag out of the way (and off course)...payback for the restart, I suppose (?) and takes the lead. Crowd still cheering , though. Wonder if he has enough fuel? He was shutting the engine off under yellow but sounds like he's really pushing now, not conserving. PERFECT...yellow, for no real reason with 3 to go.:shakehead

NismoZ
08-18-12, 05:36 PM
Caution, at restart...GWC finish...I quit...hope they ALL run out of gas!:yuck: Sorry I wasted any of your time.

stroker
08-18-12, 06:38 PM
Nis, it was kind of you to provide the heads-up on the race, but do us all a favor and post something AFTER she actually wins next time, willya? :cool:

NismoZ
08-19-12, 02:13 PM
HA! That's what I get for trying to get AHEAD of the story! Still, she looked real good... have to say I'm a little surprised it's happening on the road courses as opposed to the big ovals. Someone noted that here after RA and I had to agree. Anyone see the in-car from JV as he made contact with Tag then FLOORED it as he just spun him into the outback? Hard to claim "UNavoidable contact!":rofl:

JohnHKart
08-24-12, 12:58 AM
I just had a good nap to that race but when I was awake really enjoyed it. First time I've been able to watch that race. I always tape it but never find time for it. This time it didn't seem like the cars were too slow- any F1 track has that problem.

High Sided
08-24-12, 08:37 AM
just watching for the second time. missed Danica's crystal clear F-bomb complaining about the steering after hitting the shoe. funny thing is i was reading an article on how it wasn't the shoes fault when i heard the F bomb. :gomer:
"The shoe didn't have anything to do with it," Eury Jr. said in a phone interview with espnW.com. "It was funny listening to everybody talk about the shoe. I've never done that before. It could have done something to the splitter or went through the radiator just as easy and took the radiator out, but as far as the problems we had with the car, it was no relation."
http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/nationwide/story/_/id/8293009/danica-patrick-car-parts-problems-were-not-caused-thrown-shoe-tony-eury-jr-says

NismoZ
08-24-12, 12:23 PM
Yep, too many curb hops. Takes it's toll...sort of the road course equivalent of "The Darlington Stripe"? I think her REAL test is this next race. Who takes her out? Or does SHE offer a preemptive strike?

Wheel-Nut
08-27-12, 04:15 PM
2012 Bristol crash -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_nwOEONs6Y

FF to 2:20