PDA

View Full Version : OC NFL Fantasy Football Advice 2012

Insomniac
08-18-12, 11:44 AM
Since we don't seem to have any league for OC, I was thinking we could all just help each other out in other leagues. Last year I gave my-coworkers some good tips on Patriots player's (every one of them got Gronk in a late round). They cancelled each other out with Steeler's tips, but they helped me. :)

I figure people on here know a lot about their teams, but not as much about others. The combined knowledge could give us an edge.

I'm catching up on my Patriots news, but I expect Gronk to be in much higher demand this year, but he will also draw a lot of attention. I think Aaron Hernandez could catch 100 balls this year. One caveat, he has been dinged up each of his seasons so far, missing 2 games each season.

Racing Truth
08-18-12, 01:02 PM
Or, this could prompt an OC league...

WickerBill
08-18-12, 09:28 PM
It is a bit of a guess, but I like Decker more than Thomas in Denver. If you use IDP, remember Peyton enhances his team's DEs, because they can tee off on the pass more often...

TravelGal
08-19-12, 08:50 PM
Or, this could prompt an OC league...

Would there be enough players? There aren't very many in the NASCAR league and even some of those who are signed up don't play.

I'd probably sit this one out. Gronk sounds like a character in the BC comic strip to me.

extramundane
08-19-12, 09:44 PM
Would there be enough players? There aren't very many in the NASCAR league and even some of those who are signed up don't play.

I'd probably sit this one out. Gronk sounds like a character in the BC comic strip to me.

I'd wager there are far more NFL fans here than NASCAB fans. I'd be in.

cameraman
08-19-12, 10:44 PM
The NFL thread is one of the busiest. It might work.

stroker
08-20-12, 11:24 AM
Gronk sounds like a character in the BC comic strip to me.

:thumbup:

Racing Truth
08-20-12, 05:17 PM
FWIW, I'd certainly be interested in an OC league.

Dvdb
08-20-12, 06:43 PM
Semi-related, I was thinking of setting up an OC pickem contest on Poolhost for NFL games this year. Similiar to our NCAA brackets.

WickerBill
08-20-12, 07:12 PM
All right guys, I will set it up and commish it IF:

- we have 12 players
- we can agree on a live draft date

Racing Truth
08-20-12, 07:30 PM
All right guys, I will set it up and commish it IF:

- we have 12 players
- we can agree on a live draft date

Second part should be doable pretty easily. But I wonder about getting 12 here. I'm in (just joined my first one for this yr., but I can def. do one more).

Easy
08-21-12, 02:48 PM
I would be interested in joining.

WickerBill
08-21-12, 02:50 PM
That only makes three.

dando
08-21-12, 03:33 PM
I'll join, but that still leaves us far from 12. :saywhat:

-Kevin

cameraman
08-21-12, 04:35 PM
I'd do it although someone would have to explain the "live draft" part.

Racing Truth
08-21-12, 08:02 PM
I'd do it although someone would have to explain the "live draft" part.

For Yahoo, you don't actually need to partake in the live draft. Just "pre-rank" players before hand (the more the merrier) and Yahoo will automatically pick for you based on your rankings. You CAN log in at the specified time and make the picks yourself, but you don't have to.

extramundane
08-21-12, 10:49 PM
I'm in.

WickerBill
08-24-12, 05:09 PM
retract my offer... not enough interest... maybe next year fellas.

Dvdb
08-24-12, 09:37 PM
any interest in a pickem pool?

WickerBill
08-25-12, 09:22 AM
Yes, or a suicide league.

TravelGal
08-25-12, 10:41 AM
any interest in a pickem pool?

I prefer your suggestion to WB's. :) I'm in for that.

I started joining in because it's fun and it makes me pay a bit more attention. The reasons most people join, I guess. Then I realized I knew more than I thought I did so Jess Guessin' actually does okay most weeks. At least in NASCAR. ;) Feel free to drub me when it comes to foosball.

cameraman
08-25-12, 05:38 PM
I'd do a pickem.

Dvdb
08-25-12, 11:30 PM
I'll set it up tomorrow on Poolhost and post the login info.

Insomniac
08-27-12, 11:47 AM
I started this, so I should at least contribute.

Patriots:
O-Line has been shaky, but Brady is Brady. I'd say he is still in the top tier group for QBs (Rodgers, Brees, Brady). Tight ends are both good. I don't know if Gronk can repeat that type of production. I imagine more focus on him, but he's a big guy. If you play in a league with two TEs, I'd consider him as a real early pick (like the end of round 1 in a 12 man draft). Hernandez should have a good year as well. He won't be a complete sleeper. I'd expect 100 catches from Welker, similar repeat production from Branch (Waiver wire) and am cautiously optimistic with Lloyd (has always been successful with Josh McDaniels). Stevan Ridley looks to be #1, but I don't think it's established that he'll get the goal line carries like BJGE did.

While they had the 31st ranked defense in 2011, it was good for fantasy in most categories except for points against and yards allowed. They could be in the bottom part of the top 10 for fantasy defense this year (high teens last year).

Gostkowski is very reliable.