PDA

View Full Version : HOLY S***!

NismoZ
08-12-12, 03:46 PM
Way to go Marcos! Now THAT was a great finish! Kyle was dropping oil from the lead, Keselowski is sliding all over the place but pushes Busch off the track then Marcos bangs his way to the front. Third to first on the last lap. ROAD RACING! They should do about 10 more of 'em! Not NASCRAP today!:thumbup: Loved the interviews, praise all around. (oil, too)

dando
08-12-12, 04:22 PM
Yeah, that was some finish. :thumbup: :thumbup: As Marcos and Brad K. said, that's the way racing ought to be. :thumbup: BTW, Marcos has a funny accent for a good ol' boy. :gomer: ;)

-Kevin

manic mechanic
08-12-12, 09:32 PM
Way to go Marcos! Now THAT was a great finish! Kyle was dropping oil from the lead, Keselowski is sliding all over the place but pushes Busch off the track then Marcos bangs his way to the front. Third to first on the last lap. ROAD RACING! They should do about 10 more of 'em! Not NASCRAP today!:thumbup: Loved the interviews, praise all around. (oil, too)

Actually, it was the #47 of Bobby Labonte that was laying down the oil (a slo-blow 'Yoda) that everyone drove through.

Fun race to watch as well. Makes you wonder why they have 4 r/c's in Nationwide, but only two for Cup... :irked:

NismoZ
08-13-12, 07:11 AM
Had doubts about the oil source as well, so I just went with the announcers. Also was laughing out loud when thinking about F-1's "white stripe violations" and comparing it to what we saw on those last couple of laps!:rofl: WAAAY better than gravel trap yellows, though.:thumbup:

TKGAngel
08-13-12, 09:13 AM
Actually, it was the #47 of Bobby Labonte that was laying down the oil (a slo-blow 'Yoda) that everyone drove through.

Fun race to watch as well. Makes you wonder why they have 4 r/c's in Nationwide, but only two for Cup... :irked:

But according to NASCAR PTB, there was no oil on the track. It's just a figment of the spectators/announcers/drivers imaginations.

NismoZ
08-13-12, 09:24 AM
Sure...throw the yellows when you DON'T need them, DON'T throw the yellow when you DO need it (maybe...how 'bout just a full course waving oil flag!?:D)... No real logic to it but it made for an "entertaining" finish. Everyone had to deal with the same conditions. I enjoyed it.

Chief
08-13-12, 09:40 AM
Marcos forced Brad out of the racing grove in last corner...into where the oil was. I slept from lap 20 to the last 4 laps. Woke up to see the end. Good stuff and the nap wasn't bad either.

Elmo T
08-13-12, 09:58 AM
Missed most while cutting the grass. Came back in with 10 laps to go. Headed to shower with 4 laps left - got out to find them interviewing Marcos. :rolleyes::o

Thank god for DVR. :thumbup:

Glad to see Marcos giving it as good as he was getting it. Too many of them furriner road course ringers get the chrome horn and never push back. And :thumbup: to Keselowski for saying what we all thought - good clean (reasonably so at least) racing.

NismoZ
08-13-12, 10:46 AM
Yes, Kaselowski's interview was the one I was mainly referring to...he really loved racing Marcos and knew better than to complain about being "bumped" by Marcos after he had PUNTED Kyle! Even Gordon said he was "having a blast" out there working his way back up front, though he ended up being one of the main victims of the oil. I heard Kyle was the one who was REALLY pissed, with good reason, but did anyone see him interviewed? Hard to feel sorry for him, in any case. (Of course if HE had done the same thing to ANYbody else, then I'D be pissed!:D) Hellava driver, though. ALL those up front guys. Give us those 2 additional road races!:thumbup:

dando
08-13-12, 11:44 AM
I heard Kyle was the one who was REALLY pissed, with good reason, but did anyone see him interviewed? Hard to feel sorry for him, in any case. (Of course if HE had done the same thing to ANYbody else, then I'D be pissed!:D) Hellava driver, though. ALL those up front guys. Give us those 2 additional road races!:thumbup:

They showed Kyle in street clothes (I assume walking back to his trailer) right after they interviewed Marcos in the winner's circle. Dude is one fast change artist. He just kept walking the the microphones and recorders in his face.

-Kevin

NismoZ
08-13-12, 01:46 PM
Yup. He was pissed! Didn't want to be suspended I assume?:D Somebody will get it out of him, though.