PDA

View Full Version : Saturday '12

Pages : [1] 2 3

Gnam
08-08-12, 04:51 PM
Finally, an end to this Olympic, baseball, election coverage soaked summer.
FOOTBALL!

Cal Bears Preseason checklist:
1. New stadium. Check.
2. New Pac-12 tv contract. Check.
3. 7 of 12 games played at home. Check.
4. Games against Ohio State, USC, Oregon. Check.
5. New QB? Here's hoping.
6. No more Bye weeks, 12 games in row. Uh-oh.
7. Big Game against Stanford not the last game. WTF?

dando
08-08-12, 04:54 PM
4. Games against Ohio State, USC, Oregon. Check.

Loss, loss, loss. :gomer:

-Kevin

Elmo T
08-09-12, 08:36 AM
So does the PSU circus mean more or less interest in their games this year? :confused:

Talk around these parts has shifted from OMFG back to WE ARE PENN STATE. :rolleyes:

Al Czervik
08-28-12, 10:28 AM
I am in no way, shape, or form a ND fan, but wtf is adidas thinking?

http://www.lostlettermen.com/wp-content/files_mf/1345845254FNotreDame.jpg

TKGAngel
08-28-12, 12:41 PM
So does the PSU circus mean more or less interest in their games this year? :confused:

Talk around these parts has shifted from OMFG back to WE ARE PENN STATE. :rolleyes:

Speaking of the PSU circus....

I heard on the radio this morning that PSU has banned Sweet Caroline from sporting events on campus because the lyrics could be seen as inappropriate in light of the Sandusky scandal.

Andrew Longman
08-28-12, 03:08 PM
Talk around these parts has shifted from OMFG back to WE ARE PENN STATE. :rolleyes:In recovery, that's called "relapse".

Rack up enough losses and they will remember what got them them into this trouble.

I did see a nice piece in the Washington Post the other day on the new coach. He and his wife have been raising a son with severe disabilities. By comparison, this new job is a piece of cake (and another opportunity to apply what they've learned about adversity).

They may have picked exactly the right guy to lead them out of the wilderness.

Andrew Longman
08-28-12, 03:11 PM
I am in no way, shape, or form a ND fan, but wtf is adidas thinking?Evidently they are not thinking.

The ND (and UofM) throwbacks last year for the UofM game were cool.

This is just a lot of design mistakes and indecision.

dando
08-28-12, 03:23 PM
I am in no way, shape, or form a ND fan, but wtf is adidas thinking?

http://www.lostlettermen.com/wp-content/files_mf/1345845254FNotreDame.jpg

Hell, they look better than Maryland's from last season:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ul4BtbPh3Ic/TqoWl__nPhI/AAAAAAAAAEk/FHt3zOiTp0U/s1600/maryland-uniforms-formiami1.jpg

:eek: :yuck: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Gnam
08-28-12, 03:51 PM
Evidently they are not thinking.

The ND (and UofM) throwbacks last year for the UofM game were cool.

This is just a lot of design mistakes and indecision.
Yeah, don't hop on the Nike/Ducks fashion bandwagon. The reason Nike and Oregon play dress-up with their uniforms every year is because they don't have the history or prestige of ND. Did I say Oregon sucks yet? 'Cause Oregon sucks.

Andrew Longman
08-28-12, 10:10 PM
Hell, they look better than Maryland's from last seasonpersonally I think Maryland has just about the coolest state flag. And I've seen it incorporated in cool ways into, among other things, girls lacrosse uniforms For teams my daughter has played against the last few years.

But that uniform looks like a bad omelette.

And only the Steelers look cool with one side of their helmet different than the other. ;)

dando
08-30-12, 02:20 PM
0rfbRCx9jXA

What NJtard's been doing of late... :gomer:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
08-30-12, 04:29 PM
What NJtard's been doing of late... :gomer:

-Kevinwow. Pretty spot on.

Except my kid's HS team runs the spread too. And they had a kid at QB last year who was unbelievable. Now at Navy but refused to play football despites lots of protestations from coaches and others. He is sticking with lacrosse.

Anyway, hard for me to get used to the spread there either. And the brute simple blocking schemes. Keep in mind a spread offense has only about six plays they build variations off of.
F
Anyway, note too the lovable helmets of Del Val HS. http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/08/delaware_valley_new_jersey_foo.html

dando
08-30-12, 05:14 PM
Anyway, note too the lovable helmets of Del Val HS. http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/08/delaware_valley_new_jersey_foo.html

Yeah, we have one of those copy cats locally, too.

Eastmoor Academy High School (http://www2.nbc4i.com/sports/football_friday_nite/eastmoor-academy/)

Just goes to show that not just TSUN copies the Princeton design. Roll Tide!!!1!!!1! :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
08-30-12, 09:01 PM
You surely noticed DelVal isn't exactly copycat. No horns. But nods to the ethos of selflessness, commitment and team.

But anyway...

When I was in college in MI I was told that at least one MI HS (Bishop Foley in Detroit ?) was told they could not use the UoM helmet design because it was an unfair advantage.

Say what you want about the silliness of that, what other helmet design would create even consideration of "unfair advantage"?

Steelers get my only vote.

nrc
09-01-12, 09:32 PM
Buckeyes had me worried for the first quarter. Still looks like a long year but the future looks bright and at least they didn't loose to a MAC team. :gomer:

SteveH
09-01-12, 10:55 PM
Buckeyes had me worried for the first quarter. Still looks like a long year but the future looks bright and at least they didn't loose to a MAC team. :gomer:

and they are in the Big 10 :gomer:

Ruok
09-02-12, 02:25 PM
Steelers get my only vote.

Notably Hayden Fry (Iowa) plagiarized the Steeler's uniforms with the exception of the asymmetrical helmet. Can't say whether it was the uniform, the visitors pink locker room, or maybe Hayden surrounding himself with really good talent (note how many of his staff went on to become successful in their own right) but Iowa went from celler dweller to perennial threat in short order.

Plagiarize, don't hide your eyes happens to be my personal motto fwiw

dando
09-02-12, 02:49 PM
Nice show last night, TSUN. :gomer: Good way to represent. :laugh:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
09-02-12, 07:10 PM
Notably Hayden Fry (Iowa) plagiarized the Steeler's uniforms with the exception of the asymmetrical helmet. Can't say whether it was the uniform, the visitors pink locker room, or maybe Hayden surrounding himself with really good talent (note how many of his staff went on to become successful in their own right) but Iowa went from celler dweller to perennial threat in short order.

Plagiarize, don't hide your eyes happens to be my personal motto fwiw

IIRC Hayden did that quite deliberately to purge any mindset left over from more than a generation of futility at Iowa. Gone were the gold helmet and in were clones of the most dominate team in anyone's memory. I believe he talked about that when he took over.

I believe he also set the trend of designing and owning and selling the rights to the Hawkeye logo to the school as a way of bolstering his contract. So to this day Iowa is still paying him for use of the logo. Other college coaches have since done that including I think Schianno with the "R" logo that is now ubiquitous in NJ.

cameraman
09-02-12, 11:43 PM
IIRC Hayden did that quite deliberately to purge any mindset left over from more than a generation of futility at Iowa. Gone were the gold helmet and in were clones of the most dominate team in anyone's memory. I believe he talked about that when he took over.

I believe he also set the trend of designing and owning and selling the rights to the Hawkeye logo to the school as a way of bolstering his contract. So to this day Iowa is still paying him for use of the logo. Other college coaches have since done that including I think Schianno with the "R" logo that is now ubiquitous in NJ.

Seriously? Uniform designs? You guys really need a better hobby.

nrc
09-03-12, 12:39 AM

I find it more interesting than fantasy sports and at least they don't run stupid "uniform update" news flashes during the games. http://www.uni-watch.com/

WickerBill
09-03-12, 05:58 PM

Whaaaaat? How can uniforms NOT interest a photog?

cameraman
09-04-12, 03:08 AM
Uniform designs are there to make money. They change them so they can sell more souvenirs. It is just athletic programs grubbing for more money.

Andrew Longman
09-04-12, 08:17 PM
Uniform designs are there to make money. They change them so they can sell more souvenirs. It is just athletic programs grubbing for more money.Yup.

Unless you are talking about the many organizations who understand that there is greater value in NOT changing them. See Yankees, NY. etc. I don't think there is a sports brand more valuable than the NYY logo and pinstripes.

I think the trend towards "throwbacks" is in a way to make amends for all the crappy uniform iterations teams created over the years.

But if they are going to make changes to the uniforms, I can have an opinion on it as I would about any design matter -- because in general and in life design matters to me. Surely you can appreciate a good Champcar livery design and bemoan a bad one. :gomer:

Insomniac
09-05-12, 01:36 PM
Unless you are talking about the many organizations who understand that there is greater value in NOT changing them. See Yankees, NY. etc. I don't think there is a sports brand more valuable than the NYY logo and pinstripes.

I think it has a lot more to do with winning than consistency of uniform/logo.

dando
09-08-12, 09:07 PM
Awesome Wisky...

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=322520204

As some coach from UW once said, "Deal with it." :gomer: :laugh:

0lmElzy80M8

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
09-08-12, 11:24 PM
I think it has a lot more to do with winning than consistency of uniform/logo.Sure. All those championship help, but the Yankees are also over the top with respecting their history. The new stadium had to match dimensions of the old exactly. And the Yankees told MLB to punt when MLB told them they had to put players names on their jerseys. They simply refused to do it because the Yankees have never put names on jerseys. No other team does that, though the bosox don't put names on at home.

Frankly IMO ND is messing with a lot of tradition and their brand to mess up the golden dome helmets. For some that is literally sacred territory. Teams without rich histories get away with and may even need to screw around with uniforms to get anyone to notice them.

WickerBill
09-09-12, 08:14 AM
UCLA isn't really that good, are they?

dando
09-09-12, 08:36 AM

i think that is more indicative that no one in B1G is that good. :saywhat:

-Kevin

jcollins28
09-09-12, 03:31 PM

Damn straight there that good. Best of all they are young. Lot of underclassman on that team and they will only get better.

Don Quixote
09-09-12, 06:12 PM
Damn straight there that good. Best of all they are young. Lot of underclassman on that team and they will only get better.It is an outrage that they can't sell out the Rosebowl for a game of that magnitude, imo. Hopefully the fan base will catch on if they are that good.

dando
09-10-12, 08:25 AM
Wisky OL coach out. Maybe they can hire Jim Bollman. :gomer:

Adam Mertz ‏@AdamMertzWSJ
In a surprising move, Mike Markuson is out as #Badgers offensive line coach, the Wisconsin State Journal has confirmed. http://ow.ly/dAe7Z
Retweeted by Bill Rabinowitz

-Kevin

dando
09-15-12, 10:52 PM
As said previously....if this is the best the B1G has, we suck. :yuck: :shakehead

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
09-15-12, 11:26 PM
Beelma's basic beady eyed assclownishness was on display tonight. So many fundymental mistakes I lost count.

As for Big 10, when hooptys start, the sucking ends. :thumbup:

WickerBill
09-22-12, 11:35 PM
Sign of the week

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17zwufzplpbn0jpg/xlarge.jpg

Don Quixote
09-23-12, 01:52 PM
Sign of the week

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17zwufzplpbn0jpg/xlarge.jpg

The idiots mispelled "Dadgumn".

chop456
09-24-12, 03:42 AM
Beelma's basic beady eyed assclownishness was on display tonight.

Next door neighbor has season tickets (4). Couldn't find anyone that would even take them for free this weekend. :laugh:

dando
09-29-12, 04:12 PM
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=322730277

:eek:

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
09-29-12, 04:28 PM

-Kevin

I like a defensive struggle :thumbup:

SteveH
09-29-12, 04:37 PM
1,507 total yards :laugh:

dando
09-29-12, 05:00 PM
1,507 total yards :laugh:

A basketball game broke out. :laugh:

-Kevin

Insomniac
09-29-12, 09:43 PM

-Kevin

Hello Big 12!

Insomniac
09-29-12, 09:44 PM
I like defensive struggles :thumbup:

Fixed it for you.

Methanolandbrats
09-29-12, 10:33 PM
Fixed it for you.

What community college do you teach english at? :p

dando
09-29-12, 10:46 PM
What community college do you teach english at? :p

Considering you ended your sentence with a preposition, you should consider one. :gomer: :p

What's up with those crazy 'throwback' unis tonight @ Big Red N? :saywhat: :yuck:

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
09-29-12, 11:05 PM
Considering you ended your sentence with a preposition, you should consider one. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Lots of considerations. You should serioiusly consider ****ing yourself.

dando
09-29-12, 11:42 PM
Lots of considerations. You should serioiusly consider ****ing yourself.

Nice handoff. :laugh: Deal with it.

0lmElzy80M8

:gomer: :p :laugh:

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
09-30-12, 08:40 AM
1,507 total yards :laugh:I watched it. Geno Smith was 45-51. He threw more TD passes than incompletions. He was a machine.

Insomniac
09-30-12, 11:33 AM
I watched it. Geno Smith was 45-51. He threw more TD passes than incompletions. He was a machine.

I know he wasn't under much pressure, but he has incredible accuracy, even when going deep. The receivers also catch very well.

Gnam
10-01-12, 03:20 PM
Things to talk about at Cal games:
1. Hey, this new stadium is nice.
2. I can't wait for kickoff.
3. ...
4. That's okay. It's only the first quarter/ 2nd quarter/ halftime/ third quarter/ fourth quarter. Lots of time left.
5. When's the Stanford game, October? That's crazy.
6. Ok, if you could shoot any Pac-12 team into space never to return who would it be and how much rocket fuel would it take?
7. ...
8. ...
9. How long are we going to stay and watch this?
10. See you next week! Go Bears!

TravelGal
10-01-12, 05:10 PM
Glad to see you're back posting again, Gnam. I can't stop laughing at that ^^^.

nrc
10-02-12, 03:03 AM
Jim Stillwagon of the '68 Buckeyes national championship team goes full road rage and shoots a guy, who fortunately was not seriously hurt. I predict a head trauma defense.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8448698/ex-ohio-state-buckeyes-star-jim-stillwagon-charged-road-rage-shooting
http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/10/01/delaware-road-rage-stillwagon-charged.html

Don Quixote
10-02-12, 11:08 AM
I heard on the radio that the guy was in front of Stillwagon and his transmission slipped causing him to slow down, and Stillwagon just started firing away. Yikes. That's the way we Buckeyes roll. I agree nrc, with the head trama defense.

dando
10-02-12, 11:28 AM
Jim Stillwagon of the '68 Buckeyes national championship team goes full road rage and shoots a guy, who fortunately was not seriously hurt. I predict a head trauma defense.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8448698/ex-ohio-state-buckeyes-star-jim-stillwagon-charged-road-rage-shooting
http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/10/01/delaware-road-rage-stillwagon-charged.html

:shakehead :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
10-06-12, 05:17 PM
Lots of talking heads talking up Purdoo this past week as the fave in the B1G. Suck today against TSUN @ home. :laugh: B1G sucks and smells like a rotten potato. :saywhat:

What's up with all of the empty seats @ Camp Randall vs. Illini? :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

WickerBill
10-06-12, 08:50 PM
Lots of talking heads talking up Purdoo this past week as the fave in the B1G.

In *football*???

dando
10-06-12, 08:55 PM
In *football*???

Yup. Lots of talk on E$PN, etc. this week about NW vs. Purdoo for the B1G Championship. :saywhat: B1G sucks as evidenced tonight. :irked:

I retract that last statement since Brax > Robinson > Geno == 6-0. Simple math. :)

-Kevin

dando
10-06-12, 11:52 PM
3 of the top 5 in the AP lose. Burnt Orange loses to WVU due to a dumb K, C and QB. tOSU puts 63 on Big Red N. Mark May just crapped in his shorts. :laugh: :thumbup: (and no WB, UCLA is NOT that good)

-Kevin

nrc
10-07-12, 04:45 AM
I have to say that win was a little bit more satisfying after seeing Pelini going ballistic on a player on the sidelines. Dude needs to switch to Sanka.

Urban Meyer's style is a bit different than Tressel ball.

dando
10-07-12, 07:18 AM
I have to say that win was a little bit more satisfying after seeing Pelini going ballistic on a player on the sidelines. Dude needs to switch to Sanka.

Urban Meyer's style is a bit different than Tressel ball.

unTressellike.

dd--tIkrVoA

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
10-07-12, 10:11 AM
Glad to see FSU lose to NCSt. Saw last night they don't play another ranked team until Florida the last week of the season. No way was I going to like listening to talk about them and the national championship for the rest of the season.

And Rutgers should move up from 22 with a solid win over UConn. A Schiano-less RU looks to be much more consistent and without any game management gaffs while still being very team oriented and smothering on Defense.

I wonder how Tampa is feeling about Schiano.

Insomniac
10-10-12, 04:17 PM
So far, so good in the Big XII. Trying to keep my expectations tempered. WVU is having a tough go on defense. Was UT the best defense in the Big XII? A lot of Heisman hype for Geno Smith.

Andrew Longman
10-11-12, 04:05 AM
I am not much for marching bands, video games or (certainly!!!) tOSU, but...

This is very cool:

5AReWdFzlagAmazing transitions. The running horse does it for me.

dando
10-11-12, 11:35 AM
I am not much for marching bands, video games or (certainly!!!) tOSU, but...

This is very cool:

5AReWdFzlagAmazing transitions. The running horse does it for me.

So sad I didn't get to see this in person. :( You are the second TSUN fan to have posted this video. :thumbup: That is one AMAZING display. :thumbup: :thumbup: Dr. Woods left TBDITL after last season, but obviously left it in good hands. My DDs loved the Mario bit, but I had to explain some of the others. :)

-Kevin

Don Quixote
10-11-12, 11:41 AM
The fat bastard that we all love to hate.

Charlie Weiss is an ass (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/kansas-student-reporter-another-victim-charlie-weis-intimidation-212525147--ncaaf.html)

Andrew Longman
10-11-12, 12:01 PM
The fat bastard that we all love to hate.

Charlie Weiss is an ass (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/kansas-student-reporter-another-victim-charlie-weis-intimidation-212525147--ncaaf.html)Weiss can be an ass, but it seems too that the student paper is populated with smart ass "reporters" who are surprised when the objects of their smart assness are not overjoyed.

But Weiss would do better to smile and ignore the amateurs while acting like the professional he is supposed to be.

Don Quixote
10-11-12, 12:07 PM
Weiss can be an ass, but it seems too that the student paper is populated with smart ass "reporters" who are surprised when the objects of their smart assness are not overjoyed.

But Weiss would do better to smile and ignore the amateurs while acting like the professional he is supposed to be.I have never seen him act any differently.

dando
10-14-12, 10:15 AM
There's no D in tOSU. :saywhat:

WVU and Geno exposed. Mack Daddy needs to retire. Period. LSU/SCAR must have been a fun watch, but I was focused on debacle in Bloomington. :irked: Brax for the Heisman. :thumbup:

-Kevin

Insomniac
10-14-12, 11:40 PM
WVU and Geno exposed.

It was 1 game. The D sucks and the offense can't be perfect every week.

dando
10-20-12, 05:16 PM
Jeebus! What a game b/w tOSU and Purdoo. 4 TOs, a kickoff return for a TD, a safety, and losing the starting QB on a horse collar tackle (w/no flag on the play, BTW)....yet they pulled it out in OT. :thumbup: 8 n O, baby. :D

-Kevin

WickerBill
10-20-12, 05:17 PM
What the hail, Purdue.

dando
10-20-12, 07:52 PM
It was 1 game. The D sucks and the offense can't be perfect every week.

And your excuse now? Welcome to a real football conference. :gomer: There's no D in WVU. :p

EDIT: 31-7 @ the half, the 7 coming from a kickoff return. :laugh:

EDIT 2: 38-7 to KState and 200 yo Bill Snyder?!? :gomer:

Edit 3: Down 52-7 in the 4th @ home?!? Jeebus!

-Kevin

nrc
10-20-12, 09:07 PM
Jeebus! What a game b/w tOSU and Purdoo. 4 TOs, a kickoff return for a TD, a safety, and losing the starting QB on a horse collar tackle (w/no flag on the play, BTW)....yet they pulled it out in OT. :thumbup: 8 n O, baby. :D

-Kevin

Watching that game was like getting dental work until 2 minutes remaining.

Went to game today. Special shout out to the Buckeye faithful behind us who provided "expert" commentary throughout the game before leaving with three minutes left.

dando
10-20-12, 09:40 PM
Watching that game was like getting dental work until 2 minutes remaining.

Went to game today. Special shout out to the Buckeye faithful behind us who provided "expert" commentary throughout the game before leaving with three minutes left.

It was like watching the 2002 Purdue game. I had given up on that game and was putting together a ceiling fan for our family room (now my bedroom) when the Hail Krenzel happened.

I only caught the last quater and a half since I took the girls out for kart racing @ Magic Mountain, but I have it on DVR and will have my teeth pulled tomorrow when I watch the rest. :saywhat: Much as I expect the SNF game go tomorrow night. :irked:

Good news is that Brax was cleared @ Wexner and should be good to go. But if they keep relying on him like they are, he'll be a vegetable by the end of the season. :irked:

-Kevin

WickerBill
10-21-12, 09:09 AM
It is terribly annoying to me as a Purdue fan to see them consistently, for years, give Ohio State all they can handle, yet roll over for any other team with a pulse.

Insomniac
10-23-12, 02:22 PM
And your excuse now? Welcome to a real football conference. :gomer: There's no D in WVU. :p

EDIT: 31-7 @ the half, the 7 coming from a kickoff return. :laugh:

EDIT 2: 38-7 to KState and 200 yo Bill Snyder?!? :gomer:

Edit 3: Down 52-7 in the 4th @ home?!? Jeebus!

-Kevin

I said the D sucks, not much more I can say there. I am very concerned the offense has been shut down for 2 weeks. I'd expect a loss to Oklahoma now, and likely 1 more.

But the joke is on WVU now. From "..and WVU just scored a TD" to "...and WVU just gave up a TD".

It sucks. Heisman gone, Bill Simmons' belief that Geno would be the #1 pick (I never expected that) and BCS gone. Tough weekend for WVU.

Edit: Also sucks I get to watch the same defense on Sundays.

dando
10-25-12, 08:04 PM
The definition of dumbass. (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8552111/tyrann-mathieu-former-lsu-tigers-cornerback-arrested-drug-charges)

-Kevin

dando
10-27-12, 03:28 PM
Latimore (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/marcus-lattimore-suffers-horrendous-leg-injury-against-tennessee-174954313--ncaaf.html)

:yuck: :saywhat: :(

-Kevin

WickerBill
10-27-12, 05:58 PM
I feel very bad for that kid.

dando
10-27-12, 06:35 PM
I feel very bad for that kid.

No doubt. That was every bit as ugly as watching Theisman, McGahee or Krumrie in the '89 Super Bowl. :saywhat:

-Kevin

stroker
10-27-12, 08:01 PM
No doubt. That was every bit as ugly as watching Theisman, McGahee or Krumrie in the '89 Super Bowl. :saywhat:

-Kevin

"I'm not watching--lalalalalalala" <fingers in ears>

Gnam
11-08-12, 05:22 PM
Oregon is at Cal this weekend on ESPN. :shakehead
Last week, the Ducks beat USC 62-51.
In September, Cal lost to USC 27-9.
Ducks are favored by 28.5 points

Cal starting QB is out. (thank god)
Cal's best WR is out.
Cal O-line & D-line are beat to hell.

My prediction: Cal 0 - Oregon 128. :yuck:

I hate Oregon so very, very much.

dando
11-08-12, 09:34 PM
Oregon is at Cal this weekend on ESPN. :shakehead
Last week, the Ducks beat USC 62-51.
In September, Cal lost to USC 27-9.
Ducks are favored by 28.5 points

Cal starting QB is out. (thank god)
Cal's best WR is out.
Cal O-line & D-line are beat to hell.

My prediction: Cal 0 - Oregon 128. :yuck:

I hate Oregon so very, very much.

The Ducks might put that on them in the first half. :saywhat:

Not sure who I would pick b/w the Ducks and Tide.

-Kevin

dando
11-10-12, 08:17 PM
Hugs and kisses, Ank. :gomer: :D :rofl: :p

-Aggy

TravelGal
11-10-12, 09:29 PM
Hugs and kisses, Ank. :gomer: :D :rofl: :p

-Aggy

Speaking of which, anyone know where the little twerp is? Said with all possible affection, of course. :D It's been ages since I've seen a post from him.

WickerBill
11-10-12, 09:29 PM
Hate Saban, hate Aggy, hard game to deal with.

Andrew Longman
11-10-12, 11:42 PM
Hate Saban, hate Aggy, hard game to deal with.This.

I rooted for the Aggies so I could be reasonably assured I wouldn't see Bama in the championship game.

dando
11-11-12, 01:09 AM
9-k5J4RxQdE

:gomer:

-Kevin

dando
11-17-12, 08:46 PM
Brutus/Bucky...WOW! What a game! That was Big 10 football @ it's best. Now excuse me while I go change my shorts.... :eek:

-Kevin

dando
11-18-12, 12:00 AM
Baylor > KSU This is nuts. ND's path to the title game is wide open, and I don't see how U$C will beat the Irish next Sat. :saywhat:

Tree giving the Ducks all they can handle, but I can't see that happening. :irked:

EDIT: and of course as soon as I post this Tree scores to tie it up. :laugh:

-Kevin

dando
11-18-12, 12:37 AM
Holy cow! </Harry Caray> :eek:

-Kevin

WickerBill
11-18-12, 12:44 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bama will destroy ND. Argh, no Saban!

dando
11-18-12, 12:53 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bama will destroy ND. Argh, no Saban!

I will burn a couch in effigy if it ends up being Bama/Domers. :saywhat:

I can't believe what I just saw! </Jack Buck>

-Kevin

nrc
11-18-12, 05:23 AM
I love it when someone tries to reach the ball out in traffic and get's it knocked out. :rofl:

dando
11-18-12, 10:05 AM
I love it when someone tries to reach the ball out in traffic and get's it knocked out. :rofl:

Can you say Charles White in the Rose Bowl against TSUN? Of course TSUN got screwed when it was ruled a TD. :D

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
11-18-12, 11:20 AM
I was watching in a dorm in the state of Michigan for that game. OJ was in the booth, I think visiting, for the broadcast. He conceded that White had fumbled but said SC deserved the points because they had gotten "close enough".

A preview of his later sense of justice I suppose, but from that day on OJ didn't need to kill anyone to be deeply hated in that state up north. ;)

dando
11-19-12, 01:57 PM
Terps and Big Red R to the B1G 10.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8651934/maryland-terrapins-rutgers-scarlet-knights-join-big-ten-sources-say

NC rumored to follow. An obvious media market grab. Access to the DC, and NYC and Triangle markets. :saywhat:

EDIT: additional thought....the Big lEast will soon cease to exist.

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
11-19-12, 04:32 PM
...the Big lEast will soon cease to exist. Have to agree. Leadership there has been inept given the realities of the economics in play.

Ironic is the fact that all of this TV driven formation of faux conferences began in the early 80s with the formation of the Big East basketball conference. The Big East tournament and the TV money were built around the conference.

In reality, about 15 years ago when the NCAA incentive to go to 12 teams began the Big East should have built a conference around PSU, Pitt, Syracuse, BC, WV, Rutgers, Temple. Those are the traditional East Coast rivals going way back. That's who competed for the top HS recruits.

Then add in traditional teams Easterners care about -- Army and Navy. UConn didn't have much or a program but do now so maybe they could have been coaxed into stepping up. Same for Delaware -- they might have stepped up from DIAA. They draw a ton of HS talent too. Same for Villanova which about that time killed their program only to bring it back as DIAA.

If they could not be enticed then Maryland and VT would be my second choice. Third would be Cinncy and Louisville.

Together along those lines they would have the basis for a lot of actual regional appeal and rivalries in the top media markets in the country. And draw on a great HS talent base.

What held a lot of it back was a misplaced desire to have some sort of all sports alignment -- at least with Football and Basketball. But that was impossible because there are too many small eastern schools with good basketball programs that are valuable tv properties, but without any meaningful football program.

As for the Big Ten, if they were to do it again I would have suggested just adding ND and Rutgers. That would have given them 12 teams -- both solid academic schools in the Big 10 tradition, both able to compete in all sports, and bring the NY market (RU) and national appeal (ND). The only possible argument would be to swap PSU for Rutgers but that, while giving them better competition wouldn't give them NYC.

Maryland and NC give the Big 10 comparatively nothing.

Selfishly, I will look forward to seeing UoM and tOSU play on the banks of the Raritan. And it will help RU keep more talent in state, especially when recruiting against the likes of UConn, Louisville, Cinncy, Cuse -- maybe even WV and BC.

But just an aside... listening to NYC sports radio this afternoon, it hasn't even come up, so there you go.

Andrew Longman
11-19-12, 04:57 PM
Also ironic the RU may finally win a Big East football championship days after they announce they are leaving.

Ed_Severson
11-19-12, 05:51 PM
Terps and Big Red R to the B1G 10.

**** this ****.

It's been almost two decades now, and I still don't even give a rat's ass about Penn State and do not consider them to be any kind of meaningful rival in an emotional sense. I care even less about Nebraska, and now these clowns?

**** it.

The more they dilute the conference product, the less I care about it. It's not even a conference anymore. It's just a ridiculously oversized loose association of schools that play each other sometimes. It's meaningless.