PDA

View Full Version : THIS IS IT Baby!

NismoZ
07-27-12, 12:16 PM
You guys just don't know what INDY means! Or is that Daytona? Daytona Prototypes at Indy. That doesn't sound right. On a FRIDAY! That ought to help fill the stands. Live and In color on SPEEDO! I know most of you who haven't already called in sick today will at least be leaving work early to see history in the making! Oh, sure, there's that London thing going on but this Midwest Extravaganza should really compete for front page attention. Right. Too bad in a way because we (those there or those who watch) are likely to see some very good racing, especially in GT and Conti Challenge, in actual race cars with some excellent drivers. I make no apologies, I take it for what it is and look forward to watching! Plus, I want to hear an RX-8 on the front straight!:D

Methanolandbrats
07-27-12, 12:34 PM
^^^It's almost noon, so I guess it's ok to start drinking.

Rex Karz
07-27-12, 01:21 PM
Looks like I picked a bad day to quit taking amphetamines.

SteveH
07-27-12, 01:32 PM
Reports of an RV on fire outside of the track. Lots of smoke. :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
07-27-12, 01:36 PM
Reports of an RV on fire outside of the track. Lots of smoke. :gomer:

Dinger's meth lab?

NismoZ
07-27-12, 01:46 PM
NOON!? I can't start drinking until the green flag or I'd never make it to the green/white/checker!:gomer:

NismoZ
07-27-12, 04:37 PM
I saw a fan!:eek: Raining big time. Should clear up so Pruett can win. Good move, Garcia. Just took himself ( or nudged) out on L-1. OMG, SaladBar is in there! Drying out, Boris takes the 31 'vette into 2nd in GT. This track SHOULD favor him over the Porsches and Mazdas, but...? Fogarty/Gurney P-1 early in DPs, MY preference. Always like Andrew Davis to do well in the 59 Brumos Porsche, my ol' instructor @ the Porsche school.:thumbup: THERE it is, took Ganassi 17 min. for Rojas to take the lead. Throw the flag!

Methanolandbrats
07-27-12, 04:54 PM
If you stayed awake through 17 minutes of that, you are doing an outstanding job. :thumbup:

NismoZ
07-27-12, 05:21 PM
Pure racing excitement!;) Raining again...WTH, a YELLOW!? OK, who's the GA rainmeisters? Guess it isn't Robin Liddell, he smacks the pit wall on entry. PT 10th...is that LAST in DP? He's in one of those old ugly(er) cars. Over an hour in and Im still awake!

NismoZ
07-27-12, 05:37 PM
We have an answer! Jorge Berg(rain)meister in a GT Porsche passes about 8 guys on the restart, including DPs. Sweet. Be nice, now...some of these passes in the dry, wet and flat-out in Indy T-1 are very well done and entertaining. ...OK, ANOTHER FCCaution, nap time!

Rex Karz
07-27-12, 05:41 PM
I'm really on the edge of my seat over this "event."

Really. :gomer: :tony:

NismoZ
07-27-12, 05:47 PM
Aaach...if YOU were out there it'd be a wet race fer certain sur...YOUR PANTS!:p Bourdais up to 3rd, looks good in the wet. Guess he and Tagliani will team next time? Hmmm. Is Bronte still around? I'd like to team with HER! (you know, in body surfing, or something.)

Methanolandbrats
07-27-12, 05:48 PM
That **** is unwatchable. I suffered through it at Road America waiting for the Cab Lite race. 10 DP dumpsters almost put me to sleep AT THE TRACK, much less on the couch. :yuck:

NismoZ
07-27-12, 06:10 PM
Interesting...Pruett acknowledges Rojas is faster in the wet so he turns it over to Memo...and Bourdais passes Angelelli for 2nd. Don't often see ANYbody do that! ( best race on TV, at the moment!)

cameraman
07-27-12, 06:19 PM
Interesting...Pruett acknowledges Rojas is faster in the wet so he turns it over to Memo...and Bourdais passes Angelelli for 2nd. Don't often see ANYbody do that! ( best race on TV, at the moment!)

That would be the ONLY race on TV at the moment...

Methanolandbrats
07-27-12, 06:33 PM
I just turned it on, is that Floyd's rig with all the band aids on it? Whut happened?

NismoZ
07-27-12, 06:37 PM
Only race? Well, YEAH...my whole point!:D...Ya just missed Bourdais schooling Rojas and then Memo boneheads an outside pass on a Camaro entering the front straight and takes 'em both into the wall. Tsk, tsk...maybe faster than Pruett but not smarter, I'd say.HA! Tracy and Bourdais running together! Too bad PT just jumped the start and has to stop...would NOT have ended well!:D

Methanolandbrats
07-27-12, 06:49 PM
^^^ So that's what all those smudges are on the outside wall are, very artistic. Monty sure is smooth, what a dick. More rent a driver crap like Jack Villyneve in Nationwide mounting other drivers against their will.

NismoZ
07-27-12, 06:50 PM
Geez, Bourdais just DRIVES past Dalziel for the lead and Montoya SHOVES Barbosa off the track...he was singled out for special warning before the race:rofl: (a preceding reputation!) Penalty? Doubt it.

Methanolandbrats
07-27-12, 06:56 PM
I suppose Nationwide will use the stupid oval, too bad, they would be fun to watch on this track.

Back on topic, it would be nice to see Ricky wall it, those shots of Wayne clenching hard are grate :rofl:

NismoZ
07-27-12, 07:05 PM
Pretty good finish setting up. Montoya only had one car to knock out of the way on the restart and dropped a place instead. The GT race is VERY good. Oooo...Ricky Taylor is trying to make amends for earlier lapses of judgement by 1st nailing Montoya, now Dalziel and headed after Bourdais. He's only 22, guess he'll be around for awhile? Looks like fun to me. Bourdais answers with the fastest lap of the race...He SHOULD win...best performance of the race...so far. Oh, fer...Montoya just takes out Dalziel...guess he SHOULD have gotten that penalty earlier. The PUTZ!

NismoZ
07-27-12, 07:17 PM
Hey, "Mr. Unwatchable", enjoying this are you? :D Taylor gets his shot at Bourdais on this restart. Here we go! Aww, Pruett nips Taylor instead. 6 min. to go...Bourdais is running away and an attempt to smack Montoya off the track fails...dang it! Go figure...Yellow with 4 min. left! Who called a G/W/C...nope, finishing under yellow. Bourdais wins, GREAT drive. Montoya is REALLY unpopular with these guys! Wow.

Gnam
07-27-12, 07:52 PM
The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat...:D

Great thread. Forward the Foytility!

Methanolandbrats
07-27-12, 08:50 PM
Hey, "Mr. Unwatchable", enjoying this are you? :D Taylor gets his shot at Bourdais on this restart. Here we go! Aww, Pruett nips Taylor instead. 6 min. to go...Bourdais is running away and an attempt to smack Montoya off the track fails...dang it! Go figure...Yellow with 4 min. left! Who called a G/W/C...nope, finishing under yellow. Bourdais wins, GREAT drive. Montoya is REALLY unpopular with these guys! Wow.

Nope. Left to pick up my daughter at 22 min to go right after Monty punted somebody. What ahppended.?