PDA

View Full Version : Germany

stroker
07-21-12, 09:47 AM
I got to watch through the second session of Qualifying before the TV was taken over by the girls. I get the feeling this is going to be one hell of a race. I just wish it wasn't on Fox... :flame:

gjc2
07-21-12, 10:09 AM
I just wish it wasn't on Fox... :flame:

I remember watching F1 on ABC, two weeks after the event and packaged with figure skating. Don’t complain.

stroker
07-21-12, 02:53 PM
I remember watching F1 on ABC, two weeks after the event and packaged with figure skating. Don’t complain.

True dat.

Methanolandbrats
07-21-12, 03:37 PM
I'll complain. I remember when only Daytona, Monte Carlo and Indy were on TV, that was about it. ABC Wide World of Sports did most of it. That is irrelevant to now. The tape delay sucks and it will not bring in more viewers and fans by being over the air. People who are too poor or stupid to have a dish or cable are not going to jet to Monaco. Hell, they ain't even going to the Fire Ant GP in Texas.

WickerBill
07-21-12, 06:21 PM
I hope it is dry and Fred gets his soul patch handed to him. Grid penalty sucks for Webber.

Methanolandbrats
07-21-12, 07:10 PM
I hope it is dry and Fred gets his soul patch handed to him. Grid penalty sucks for Webber.

I want Webber to win the title and this won't help. And I'm afraid the only thing Fred is gonna get handed to him is another WDC trophy.

DagoFast
07-21-12, 08:48 PM
As it should be. :D

stroker
07-21-12, 11:49 PM
As it should be. :D

I don't like Fred at all even though he was my first pick on my fantasy team this year. I can't say I hate him, but that sumbitch can drive in the wet, I'll grant you that.

Methanolandbrats
07-22-12, 03:25 PM
I don't like Fred at all even though he was my first pick on my fantasy team this year. I can't say I hate him, but that sumbitch can drive in the wet, I'll grant you that.

Sumbitch can drive in the dry too.

cameraman
07-22-12, 03:45 PM
Nice to see Button starting to get his **** together again.

Methanolandbrats
07-22-12, 03:49 PM
Nice to see Button starting to get his **** together again.

And Louise P 24 :laugh:

nissan gtp
07-22-12, 03:50 PM

he's having an epic season (well, half season so far)

cameraman
07-22-12, 04:32 PM
And Louise P 24 :laugh:

He was remarkable calm about the whole thing and I really think he enjoyed screwing with Vettel before the car finally died.

WickerBill
07-22-12, 05:50 PM
Agree with Vettel's penalty?

Methanolandbrats
07-22-12, 05:51 PM
Agree with Vettel's penalty?

Yup, he was behind when he left the track.

Methanolandbrats
07-22-12, 05:52 PM
He was remarkable calm about the whole thing and I really think he enjoyed screwing with Vettel before the car finally died.

He was calm. Must have been a good night and was utterly drained of testosterone. :D

stroker
07-22-12, 08:01 PM
Silly season will be epic, methinks. Massa's toast. Louise is undoubtedly thinking the grass is greener. I refuse to believe he'll go to Ferrari, but what other alternative is there? Take Kimi's place at Renault if Kimi goes back to McLaren or Ferrari?

Indy
07-22-12, 08:48 PM
NFW Kimi goes to McLaren or Ferrari.

Good on the stewards for doing the right thing regarding Vettel.

I can't stand Alonso, and I have to admit he is the best in the sport, and probably one of the all time greats.

It was great seeing The Chin getting blocked by Vettel. Anti-drug ad voice: "I learned it from you, Dad! I learned it from you!"

opinionated ow
07-23-12, 12:37 AM
I don't agree with that decision by the stewards but even so I feel the penalty is harsh. If they were going to penalise then relegation back behind Button is the logical penalty.

Insomniac
07-23-12, 08:38 AM

That was great. Vettel is mad as Hamilton leaves him in the dust.

Insomniac
07-23-12, 08:40 AM
Silly season will be epic, methinks. Massa's toast. Louise is undoubtedly thinking the grass is greener. I refuse to believe he'll go to Ferrari, but what other alternative is there? Take Kimi's place at Renault if Kimi goes back to McLaren or Ferrari?

I thought Lewis extended at McLaren? Ferrari is a #1/#2 type team. After their problems at McLaren, I don't see how they co-exist, unless the problem was McLaren.

Insomniac
07-23-12, 08:44 AM
I don't agree with that decision by the stewards but even so I feel the penalty is harsh. If they were going to penalise then relegation back behind Button is the logical penalty.

It's pretty standard for them. He should've given the position back. It's not much of a penalty if they just make it the way it should've been.

He didn't shortcut the track, but he blew the pass by going off track and instead of slowing to get back on, he used the extra space to complete the pass. If Jenson pushed him off, I'd say it was legal. He would've been forced off the track AND passed him the "long" way.

Methanolandbrats
07-23-12, 09:33 AM
Looking at an overhead shot, Vittles was behind when he left the track and ahead when he came back on it. Very straight forward conclusion that he gained a position while offtrack. And the rules are clear.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101426

NismoZ
07-23-12, 12:32 PM
Same sort of thing at the start of the Mosport ALMS race. Dyson jumps the start, takes the lead, a few laps later he lets Luhr go around, problem solved. EZ. (Did Zanardi leave the track to make THE pass?) :\

NismoZ
07-23-12, 12:38 PM
Lewis Drained? Low T? Yep. I've seen her on TV. That is a very plausible conclusion.:)

Insomniac
07-23-12, 01:05 PM
Same sort of thing at the start of the Mosport ALMS race. Dyson jumps the start, takes the lead, a few laps later he lets Luhr go around, problem solved. EZ. (Did Zanardi leave the track to make THE pass?) :\

He left the track after the pass. Then he short-cutted the corner. I could see a penalty there. CART would've probably put him back at #2 though if they ruled it that way.

cameraman
07-23-12, 01:54 PM

Yes, just ask Herta:rofl:

The problem here is the infraction happened on the last lap so the penalty had to be applied after the race ended. Thus the time penalty instead of the drive through you would normally get if you didn't let the other driver go back around.

NismoZ
07-23-12, 09:14 PM
Ahh, should have just bumped him to 2nd after the checker. Again, EZ. What would have been his defense? Actually avoiding contact? That's what Herta did and he was punished for it by losing. Great racing, though, wasn't it?:thumbup:

Indy
07-24-12, 10:25 AM
(Did Zanardi leave the track to make THE pass?) :\

Yes. :won't give up on this ever: