PDA

View Full Version : Valencia

cameraman
06-23-12, 04:58 PM
12 cars within 0.5 seconds on a track where you can't pass a backmarker:saywhat: This one will be won or lost on pit lane.

Kovalainen out qualified both Toro Rossos, he's already won the weekend.

Locking up and ruining the right front looks to be a major problem for many cars too.

emjaya
06-23-12, 08:28 PM
It's not easy being a Mark Webber fan. I just want you to know that.

Kiwifan
06-23-12, 09:03 PM
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, oh, oh, oooh. :)

cameraman
06-24-12, 12:40 AM
Some days it just sucks to be Mark Webber.

SteveH
06-24-12, 09:24 AM
Best race ever at Valencia. You will not want to miss this one.

opinionated ow
06-24-12, 09:30 AM
This is turning out to be a corker because the tyres are not complete rubbish and therefore not a factor (and the DRS is irrelevant)

SteveH
06-24-12, 10:08 AM
Great race. :thumbup:

Great podium. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Pilgrims Drop
06-24-12, 10:20 AM
This is turning out to be a corker because the tyres are not complete rubbish and therefore not a factor (and the DRS is irrelevant)

Or tyres were a factor hence some guys speed near the end and a certain collision happened due to tyre management, or lack there of rather... and DRS made almost all of the passes possible at the end of the straight or in the corners following the straight...

Fact of the matter is the current rules works and it has provided the 8 best consecutive races in a loooooooooong time in F1 history...

Look at the qualifying for this race...13 cars covered by less than 3 tenths of a second in Q2 and then Vettel found another gear during Q3...

And this race... Valencia... the snoozer of the season normally just produced some of the best racing I've seen long time...

Artificial and contrieved... sure... but help me if it doesn't work wonders afterall...

opinionated ow
06-24-12, 10:20 AM
According to the ever reliable (cough, splutter, die) Greg Rust, Schumacher's podium may be under investigation for allegedly using DRS in a yellow flag zone. Although I'm not aware that there is actually a rule against that.

NismoZ
06-24-12, 01:59 PM
Best I've seen in...well, a LONG DAMN TIME!:thumbup::thumbup: What a race. How do they keep Spaniards from mobbing the finish like in Italy? :D

Racing Truth
06-24-12, 02:02 PM
According to the ever reliable (cough, splutter, die) Greg Rust, Schumacher's podium may be under investigation for allegedly using DRS in a yellow flag zone. Although I'm not aware that there is actually a rule against that.

When?

:cool:race.:thumbup:

gjc2
06-24-12, 02:22 PM
Prior to the race Will Buxton asked Bernie Ecclestone about rumors that the New Jersey race was in doubt. Bernie only said something like “we’ll see”. I hadn’t heard anything about the event being in jeopardy.

Racing Truth
06-24-12, 02:26 PM
Prior to the race Will Buxton asked Bernie Ecclestone about rumors that the New Jersey race was in doubt. Bernie only said something like “we’ll see”. I hadn’t heard anything about the event being in jeopardy.

SHOCKING!:rolleyes:

trish
06-24-12, 03:38 PM
Best race ever at Valencia. You will not want to miss this one.
I missed it. :(

cameraman
06-24-12, 03:51 PM
I missed it. :(

Speed is rerunning it tonight, 2:00 AM Pre-race, race at 2:30 AM eastern, post race at 4:30 AM. Your dvr will think they are all different shows.

trish
06-24-12, 03:56 PM
Speed is rerunning it tonight, 2:00 AM Pre-race, race at 2:30 AM eastern, post race at 4:30 AM. Your dvr will think they are all different shows.

Thank you cameraman. I'll be sure to watch it tomorrow and avoid the results in the meantime.

racermike
06-24-12, 04:05 PM
Maldonado's driving reasons ....

http://i56.tinypic.com/ev4eib.gif

Kiwifan
06-24-12, 05:10 PM
That's awesome! Sat up till 2am watching, it was that good. Well done to Webber afterall and WTF is up with Button??

Pastry Maldanardo is one flakey driver.. :D

Methanolandbrats
06-24-12, 09:41 PM
That was a fun race. Seeing some mechanical failures was refreshing. It was made all the funner by Louise exhibiting World Class Brain Fade again. :D

Elmo T
06-25-12, 06:01 AM
It never ceases to amaze me - what a $#itty job they do editing a race for tape delay. How do you come back from commercial and they are in SC? And they show so little of the podium where the driver shows actual emotion and not "well my Rust-Eze Dynaco Chebby..." :rolleyes:

Rex Karz
06-25-12, 08:49 AM
That was a fun race. Seeing some mechanical failures was refreshing. It was made all the funner by Louise exhibiting World Class Brain Fade again. :D

What brain fade? Pastor got penalized for the incident, dropped from 10th to 12th. :confused:

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-pastor-maldonado-vergne-kamui-kobayashi-get-penalties/

The FIA knows all. There was no brain fade by Louise. It was all Pastor's fault. :confused: :thumdown: :saywhat:

opinionated ow
06-25-12, 09:12 AM
What brain fade? Pastor got penalized for the incident, dropped from 10th to 12th. :confused:

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-pastor-maldonado-vergne-kamui-kobayashi-get-penalties/

The FIA knows all. There was no brain fade by Louise. It was all Pastor's fault. :confused: :thumdown: :saywhat:

It was Maldonado's fault but Lewis did himself no favours.

NismoZ
06-25-12, 10:51 AM
That is MY interp. THIMK!!

Methanolandbrats
06-25-12, 01:15 PM
Oh, since it was Chocolate Fangio on the road, Moldy Nads should have just pulled off and parked. Right.

Insomniac
06-25-12, 01:19 PM
Seemed like a racing incident to me. I thought the way they ruled it was interesting: unsafe return to the track.

Rogue Leader
06-25-12, 07:09 PM
I think Lewis is gonna believe he was wronged when in reality he should have been thinking championship and just backed the F off..... Bonehead move.

NismoZ
06-26-12, 08:56 AM
Yeah. Would that be an "unsafe return to the track after being unsafely run OFF the track"? So, instead of actually trying to avoid contact he should have just stayed ON the track and the incident would have happened a bit sooner? THEN would he have avoided a penalty and blame fallen to Hamilton? Who was the guest ex-driver/official...Paul Tracy?

TedN
06-27-12, 06:30 AM
Who would have predicted?

But the Finnish newspaper Turun Sanomat has counted up the genuine passing moves in Sunday's race, and the tally is 58 -- second only to China in 2012.

Last year in Valencia, and with twice as many DRS overtaking zones, there were only 29 overtakes.

Source (http://www.motorsport.com/#!/f1/news/valencia-hosted-second-most-passes-of-2012/)

Ted

chop456
06-28-12, 07:52 AM
LINK (http://www.f1zone.net/news/whitmarsh-hamilton-should-have-avoided-maldonado-crash/14679/)

“With hindsight you have to say if you are dealing with someone like that (Maldonado) then you maybe have to take a different approach,” boss Whitmarsh is quoted by British newspapers.

:thumbup:

emjaya
06-28-12, 08:38 PM
LINK (http://www.f1zone.net/news/whitmarsh-hamilton-should-have-avoided-maldonado-crash/14679/)

:thumbup:

I agree with that. What Lauda is saying is a little confusing, though.