PDA

View Full Version : Down in the karts...

pchall
06-23-03, 08:59 PM
Another generation of racing Rahals (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/karting/6849/)

Nice read.

Napoleon
06-24-03, 06:04 AM
I was wondering if anyone spotted Rahal at the Sprints this weekend. It was funny last year see Mario watch Michael on the track then scooter back to the kart track to watch Marco.

chop456
06-24-03, 06:16 AM
I didn't see anyone I recognized on Friday. Lotsa nice karts, though. And now my daughter wants one. :rolleyes:

Edit: And since when do Rahal's kids live in Glen Ellyn? Are they divorced or something?

Also, anyone have a pic of Frederico Montoya? I saw a little kid with a Montoya helmet driving a kart, accompanied by 2 well dressed South American-looking guys.

Napoleon
06-24-03, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by chop456
Edit: And since when do Rahal's kids live in Glen Ellyn? Are they divorced or something?

Didn't him and his first wife Debi get a divorce?

chop456
06-24-03, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Napoleon
Didn't him and his first wife Debi get a divorce?

I asked you first. :p

Napoleon
06-24-03, 07:48 AM
I am 95% certain they did. Rahal lives in Dublin or New Albany or some place like that in Ohio.

chop456
06-24-03, 07:58 AM
I am 95% certain they did. Rahal lives in Dublin or New Albany or some place like that in Ohio.

That's strange because he's from Glen Ellyn. I didn't think his wife was.

Think we can get this thread any further off topic with Oprah-style marital discussion? :D

Napoleon
06-24-03, 08:07 AM
I scanned back through the article and I do not see where it says where Rahal's kid is from, just his nephew.

chop456
06-24-03, 08:15 AM
I scanned back through the article and I do not see where it says where Rahal's kid is from, just his nephew.

You're right. I'm wrong. Back to reading comprehension school for me.

BTW, the Motorplex is a nice facility. They can configure it a whole bunch of different ways, there's lots of room for the competitors trailers and a nice big building. And you can walk about 100 ft. and overlook the new kink chicane.