06-13-12, 06:16 PM
Ansan done better:laugh:

Don Quixote
06-13-12, 06:23 PM
/thread

Racing Truth
06-13-12, 07:09 PM
Ansan done better:laugh:

Yep, which is why as an RB supporter, I have said this is his biggest eff up by far. Precisely b/c it was pretty d@mn predictable.:shakehead

gerhard911
06-13-12, 07:12 PM
Ummm, yeah. This is WAY more tragic than the PR stunt he orchestrated for the season closer last year :shakehead

DagoFast
06-13-12, 07:17 PM
Ummm, yeah. This is WAY more tragic than the PR stunt he orchestrated for the season closer last year :shakehead

It's ALL starting to add up to a nice legacy for him. :D

Racing Truth
06-13-12, 07:25 PM
I'd argue the Vegas point, but doing so isn't changing minds and I'm tired of it anyway.

Anyhow, as I said elsewhere, good thing they got the Texas formula figured out. PLAN B? (http://espn.go.com/racing/indycar/story/_/id/8048732/indycar-calls-eddie-gossage-2012-finale-texas-motor-speedway)

gerhard911
06-13-12, 07:57 PM
You'd argue the Vegas point, if you had an argument that would stand up, which you don't. And yes, I imagine you ARE tired of it :gomer:

Racing Truth
06-13-12, 08:36 PM
In terms of racing implications, BTW, I'm guessing Will Power is less than thrilled by this turn of events.;)

Chief
06-13-12, 08:55 PM
Anyone get the feeling the IRL is just trying to fill the remainder of 16 gaps on the schedule? With anything? :laugh:

HaY Racin Triooof, the Las Vegas deal was Randy's. So is the uglomobile, deadLotus, Qingdao, no discernible marketing or advertising, IZOD getting out, owner revolt, slower more expensive cars. Milwaukee, Baltimore...Texas emptiness ala aluminum, TV ratings that suck.

Oh, and I think 2011 New Hampshire is the topper. Not for TGBB allowing oval racing in the rain, but for doing a track rental and therefore doing it without a sanction fee, just like at Las Vegas. Now this year, other tracks want a discount too that is hurting the bottomline. No sanction, no title sponsor, no product, no fans...nothing.

In essence he is gutting the sport, Professional Bull**** Riders style. He just ain't got it...:thumdown:

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/wmicentral.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/4/2e/42e4c570-fb4c-11e0-b389-001cc4c03286/4ea06d41ea4fe.image.jpg

SurfaceUnits
06-13-12, 09:16 PM
It's ALL starting to add up to a nice legacy for him. :D

scapegoat from day one for 16 years of futilty

Ed_Severson
06-13-12, 09:31 PM
I'm sure I'm in the minority on this one, but I'm kinda bummed out by this. The beer festival sounded like a real good time.

gerhard911
06-13-12, 10:11 PM
Hay, a 12er of 'natty light and six of your bestest :gomer: buds behind the shop in Speedway wood be just as gud. Don't ferget to invite your bestee Bif :cool:

Andrew Longman
06-14-12, 02:16 AM
Word is they might go back to TX to fill out the 16 race commitment they made to sponsors.

I guess.

stroker
06-14-12, 09:03 AM
Can they be a support race for the Scrubbing Bubbles at IMS?

:D

opinionated ow
06-14-12, 10:06 AM
Did anybody ever really think this thing was going to happen? Champ Car in China or Korea were always flops. And even the DTM had what three goes at planning a Shanghai race before they gave up. V8 Supercars went to China once. MotoGP gave up on the Chinese Motorcycle Grand Prix. Let's face it, China may be the biggest market for bikes and cars by a country mile but they have no motor racing heritage and they're going to have to start local before irrelevant international series make a mark.

SurfaceUnits
06-14-12, 11:16 AM
Did anybody ever really think this thing was going to happen? Champ Car in China or Korea were always flops. And even the DTM had what three goes at planning a Shanghai race before they gave up. V8 Supercars went to China once. MotoGP gave up on the Chinese Motorcycle Grand Prix. Let's face it, China may be the biggest market for bikes and cars by a country mile but they have no motor racing heritage and they're going to have to start local before irrelevant international series make a mark.

They should start at the local rickshaw dirt tracks build from there :gomer:

Don Quixote
06-14-12, 11:19 AM
They should start at the local rickshaw dirt tracks build from there :gomer:And I might point out that the engine of a rickshaw is in the front.

G.
06-14-12, 11:25 AM
And I might point out that the engine of a rickshaw is in the front.

:laugh::rofl::laugh:

SurfaceUnits
06-14-12, 12:59 PM
And the drivers have a better comprehension of Engrish than certain collidge edjucated IRL fans

SurfaceUnits
06-15-12, 02:13 PM
Texas Motor Speedway says it declines offer to host IndyCar season finale.

Duroc
06-15-12, 02:45 PM
Randy has a sad.

Maybe they can rent TWS, or some SBNO hulk. I-70 Speedway, here we come!

Illusory as it appeared, a profitable date is now at best revenue neutral (with no replacement) or pay to play. Ouch. As far as Izod, I can't see one less date mattering in whatever short lifespan the smoldering remains of AOW have anyway.

Methanolandbrats
06-15-12, 03:29 PM
When this **** folds, mebbe Penske, Floyd, Mikey, Rahole and some of those other dicks can start ALMS teams to thicken up the grid a bit. :)

SurfaceUnits
06-15-12, 04:37 PM
When this **** folds, mebbe Penske, Floyd, Mikey, Rahole and some of those other dicks can start ALMS teams to thicken up the grid a bit. :)

those afore mentioned worms will go join NASCAR's various offerings so as to knot have to spend any of their own resources

Methanolandbrats
06-15-12, 05:44 PM
^^^ Mikey and Penske had factory teams in ALMS before the economy went to hell in 09. Hole's boy might fancy something more sporty than GrandAm. We gotta pray ALMS up and get some Euro and Japanese Factory money sloshing around in the paddock. Getting Audi and Porsche back would be a nice start. Yoda has a car now too. It is the only hope for American Racing.

Gnam
06-15-12, 07:10 PM
:laugh: @ Don Quixote

Why knot run a double at one of the remaining events?
Two sellout crowds in one weekend. Imagine the profits.

NismoZ
06-15-12, 07:22 PM
Audi, Porsche and Toyota...the only chance for American racing? Wow. Talk about depressing.

Methanolandbrats
06-15-12, 07:39 PM
Audi, Porsche and Toyota...the only chance for American racing? Wow. Talk about depressing.

Now don't go getting all bummed out :D there is always the Corvette team. By American racing I mean on American soil, on soil not far from our houses, soil we used to make regular pilgrimages to. :D

Racing Truth
06-18-12, 07:00 PM
Soooo, "Plan B" seems to be coalescing around... Road America. To be sure, a major $$$$ loss for the series, but some might call it a happy accident.

DagoFast
06-18-12, 07:56 PM
Soooo, "Plan B" seems to be coalescing around... Road America. To be sure, a major $$$$ loss for the series, but some might call it a happy accident.

Meh, they've desecrated and failed everywhere else. Might as well continue their "legacy."

cameraman
06-18-12, 09:52 PM
Those cars are capable of putting on a visually disappointing but ultimately racey spec race at a track like RA. It would be a good, competitive and mostly pointless race. The cars are stupid but they can put on a pretty decent spec race if given a proper track.

It says quite a bit about just how bad the 2011 spec was that these stunningly screwed up cars are such a tremendous improvement. Another leap like it and they'll be right up there with GP2.:rolleyes:

gerhard911
06-19-12, 12:08 AM
Another leap like it and they'll be right up there with F2000.:rolleyes:

fixtit4U

SurfaceUnits
06-20-12, 11:57 PM
to put a ecksclamation point ont he Quingdao futility the word on the street is there will be no 16th race. Can't find anyone to pay for it.

Maybe Racing Truth and a few others can setup a Paypal fund where IMS place fans can send money for another race which they have no intention of going to

nissan gtp
06-21-12, 08:00 PM
to put a ecksclamation point ont he Quingdao futility the word on the street is there will be no 16th race. Can't find anyone to pay for it.

Maybe Racing Truth and a few others can setup a Paypal fund where IMS place fans can send money for another race which they have no intention of going to

kickstarter. you heard it here first :rofl:

SurfaceUnits
06-21-12, 09:34 PM
So instead of getting a purported $8 millioon, they get nothing or have to pay for something. that's a kick in the crotch from Jet Li.

Chief
06-22-12, 09:49 AM
So instead of getting a purported $8 millioon, they get nothing or have to pay for something. that's a kick in the crotch from Jet Li.

That's why I'll be the frist to contribute $2,500! Why? Cause the racin' is just that good, that's why. :saywhat:

Look, them ain't open wheel cars. It's more like ".5 open wheel" cars. Just another form of the vision. Lose the bumpers and the goofy funnel-cut-in-half rear sidepods. Sorry, no getting used to that. :thumdown:

mapguy
06-23-12, 01:01 PM
That's why I'll be the frist to contribute $2,500! Why? Cause the racin' is just that good, that's why. :saywhat:

Look, them ain't open wheel cars. It's more like ".5 open wheel" cars. Just another form of the vision. Lose the bumpers and the goofy funnel-cut-in-half rear sidepods. Sorry, no getting used to that. :thumdown:

Don't forget the anteater nose, the 'barge-boards' that looks like they belong in a skateboard park and the faux (like everything else irl/Hulman-George related) airbox.