PDA

View Full Version : financial services

G.
06-04-12, 12:33 AM
Are there ANY reputable retail investment firms left any more?

Morgan Stanley is (probably) going to get junk ranking, others have fallen or been remergified. Everyone got hit with the subprime bust, most were exposed as crooks (according to media).

If you had a little bit of cash and didn't want it earning 0.nothing interest, where would you take it?

Wells Fargo? ETrade? Uncle Vinnie's Mutual Funds and Diner?

Insomniac
06-04-12, 08:41 AM

Morgan Stanley is (probably) going to get junk ranking, others have fallen or been remergified. Everyone got hit with the subprime bust, most were exposed as crooks (according to media).

If you had a little bit of cash and didn't want it earning 0.nothing interest, where would you take it?

It really depends on what services you want. With a "little bit of cash", you won't have to worry about exotic instruments. They save the big gainers (and losers) for their very large clients.

Even the 3rd party financial services from a discount broker like TD Ameritrade require a $300K investment.

Ankf00
06-04-12, 01:23 PM
Uncle Vinnie's. How is this even a question? :D

Methanolandbrats
06-04-12, 01:41 PM
Buy dividend paying stocks that trade in a narrow range. Plenty of research on that. Under no circumstances hire a retail broker and follow his "ideas". All you will be doing then is paying someone to **** up when you can **** up on your own much more inexpensively.

chop456
06-04-12, 01:42 PM
Buy dividend paying stocks that trade in a narrow range. Plenty of research on that. Under no circumstances hire a retail broker and follow his "ideas". All you will be doing then is paying someone to **** up when you can **** up on your own much more inexpensively.

I approve this post. :thumbup:

TrueBrit
06-04-12, 03:25 PM

Arlington Park...i believe the new season started on Mother's Day...

Methanolandbrats
06-04-12, 03:27 PM
Arlington Park...i believe the new season started on Mother's Day...

:laugh:

SteveH
06-04-12, 04:28 PM
I'll PM you my address

Sincerely
B. Madoff

Methanolandbrats
06-04-12, 08:24 PM
Following up on TrueBrit's eggcellent idea, how about forming a consortium to buy a pony? Name the nag Facebook and it's sure to run upfront. :thumbup: